Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Airing for Columbus Ohio area  (Read 9803 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« on: November 06, 2009, 05:27PM »

I have looked at WOSU's website and calendar for the next 2 months and they do not have Songs from The Heart showing at all. I hope this is just because the calendar was done a while back. Else I may have to wait till the DVD comes out after all.

Kind of makes me mad, cause Lisa twice has asked me at M&G if it is being aired and if I will be seeing it. Said I might like it  Wink

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:42PM »

So far I don't have anything for my area either. Definitely not in November, I'm hoping maybe in December?  Undecided

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Zo

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:13PM »

I have looked at WOSU's website and calendar for the next 2 months and they do not have Songs from The Heart showing at all. I hope this is just because the calendar was done a while back. Else I may have to wait till the DVD comes out after all.

Kind of makes me mad, cause Lisa twice has asked me at M&G if it is being aired and if I will be seeing it. Said I might like it  Wink

Mel, come to my house on Nov 28th or Dec 1st. The Dayton PBS (ThinkTV16) will have it on at 8:00 pm on the 28th and 10:00 pm on the 1st  Grin Wink

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
rick,

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 10:23PM »

Columbus will not be airing Songs From The Heart and CW will not be in Columbus next year.

Máiréad Nesbitt Fan Club www.maireadfanclub.com
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 04:58AM »

Just cause CW isn't coming to Columbus, doesn't explain not airing it. Oh well, least Nov 28th is on a SAT...hmmmm..might have to make a road trip to Zo's!

Zo

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 05:43AM »

Just cause CW isn't coming to Columbus, doesn't explain not airing it. Oh well, least Nov 28th is on a SAT...hmmmm..might have to make a road trip to Zo's!

COME ON!!! 

rick,

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 06:46AM »

That is why I do not like WOSU. According to Rob Walker, he told me that they do not make much money from CW. I know that to be a lie. Everyone needs to call WOSU and complain and maybe we can get them to change their mind. I have tried several times to get ahold of the station manager but no luck.

JRRacing64
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 08:56AM »

I know the feeling Mel, RIPBS still hasn't made any announcement on if it will be shown in my area. I guess I'll have to wait until the dvd comes out in January...
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 11:57AM »

Its WOSU's own fault for overpricing the tickets. Most PBS's I have dealt with have a pair with M&G under $400, WOSU has always been $500. Their reg PBS pricing is like $300. This is central Ohio, most people can't afford that kind of price especially if they are buying as a couple. Thats alot to take out of their budget. The shows have always been sold out, so that isn't the problem. Obviously other areas in Ohio, like Akron, Toledo, Cleveland and Cincy seem to make good money as they keep bring them back. Just means I have to travel to see them...hmmmm...I do that anyways Cheesy.

COME ON!!! 

Just remind me!!

CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 12:05PM »

no show for ashley i guess Cry and here i was hopen i would get my fix in before the end of the year lol

~ashley~
rick,

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 01:40PM »

I agree Mel, they are higher than anywhere else when it comes to tickets. And it is a university operated station too. I am going to get ahold of the station manager one way or another. If I have to go over there than I will. I live next to campuss and the station is over on Olentangy River Road near Lane Ave. I have heard some bad things about Rob Walker, some I cannot repeat on here. First, when he said that CW will not be back to Columbus next year, I than asked him if they will still have a telethon to offer their new DVD. That is when he said they have decided not to air it because they do not make enough money off them. Does he really think we believe that. You are right, they do sell out everytime they are here. I mean, if they sell everything they have, how can he think they make no money. As for them not returning next year, he said that CW only come to Columbus every two years. They were here in 2007 and 2009 and will return in 2011. Now that may be true.

Anyway, I will continue to look into this and everyone needs to call and complain. Maybe we can get them to change their mind.

The number is 614-292-9678
I cannot remember Rob's title.
General Manager, Tom Rieland
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 02:46PM by rick, » Logged

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 02:45PM »

I agree CW has been on a two year cycle, BUT...they came to Columbus TWICE this year, so that broke that exception.

But long at they come back to OHIO I will be there. Least it's in driving distance...or..ride distance...right Zo?? lol

Zo

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 04:11PM »

I agree CW has been on a two year cycle, BUT...they came to Columbus TWICE this year, so that broke that exception.

But long at they come back to OHIO I will be there. Least it's in driving distance...or..ride distance...right Zo?? lol

YOU BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zo

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 08:48AM »

no show for ashley i guess Cry and here i was hopen i would get my fix in before the end of the year lol

I'd invite you over to my house on the 28th but I think that's a work night for you. But there is always the 1st of Dec which is a Tuesday night.
I don't think you would really want to drive 1 hr/15 mins to see a TV show...would you?!  Shocked Grin

rick,

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 08:56AM »

I heard they WILL be in Cleveland on March 20th, though I did not find anything. I believe some people got letters.  WVIZ in Cleveland already sold out of M&G. I believe they still have tickets though, but I want M&G so I will pass.

WVIZ
http://www.wviz.org/
PROGRAM SCHEDULE
http://www.wviz.org/WVIZ/schedule
Idea Center
1375 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44115-1835
Phone: (216) 916-6100
Fax: (216) 916-6090
Email: comments@wviz.org
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 09:04AM by rick, » Logged