Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW on Radio  (Read 28159 times)
KiernanKate
« on: July 09, 2007, 08:18PM »

I had a point of inspiration today and decided to call up my local easy listening radio station to see if they had any CW music.

They didn't and the one dj I talked to, said he had never heard of them so I explained what type of songs they sing, genres and so on.
He said he would look into getting their music on the radio.

I really hope they can get the music on the radio here, it would just make CW all the more popular and well known in Canada.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 02:41AM »

Nice job!  I hope it works out for you.  Their popularity will only grow and grow, I think.  There just might be a few Canadians that owe you their thanks in the future!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
KiernanKate
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 07:58AM »

thanks Kelli... Im just glad we have a radio station here that would actually be able to play their style of music.
Starrgurl

All the things she said running through my head...

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 02:25PM »

Come to think of it, I've never heard any of their songs on the radio. Have they put any singles up for air yet?

If we all will dare to dream dreams
Of a new and brighter day
If we work to make them come true
We will surely find a way
MaggyMay

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 12:03AM »

Sadly we won't hear Celtic Woman songs or music on the radio until CW management/agents/producers/marketing people "release a single."    I was told in an e-mail from CW over a year ago that a song from the first CD was going to be released as a single last fall, however it didn't happen for some reason.  Nor were any of the Christmas songs released as a single which is a shame and I hope that changes for the coming Christmas season.    I wonder if a bit of public pressure would help?  Wink

In communicating with the radio station I listen to, even if the DJs/announcers had a personal copy of their CDs (as I offered to send them one) they couldn't play any of the music on air unless it went through the proper and strict radio protocol which involve royalties of course.
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 12:20PM »

I think it may have something to do with the old Payola scandal. I think that if they record something at a radio station venue, then they can play it. At least that is what they do here in Phoenix on the top country station.

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Steve P

Know that I will sing to u each night I dream of u

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 01:51PM »

Here in the Salt Lake market, KBZN 97.9 FM, used to play tracks from Lisa's solo CD.  Haven't heard them in awhile though.

jsharp

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 01:58PM »

Sadly we won't hear Celtic Woman songs or music on the radio until CW management/agents/producers/marketing people "release a single."    I was told in an e-mail from CW over a year ago that a song from the first CD was going to be released as a single last fall, however it didn't happen for some reason.  Nor were any of the Christmas songs released as a single which is a shame and I hope that changes for the coming Christmas season.    I wonder if a bit of public pressure would help?  Wink

In communicating with the radio station I listen to, even if the DJs/announcers had a personal copy of their CDs (as I offered to send them one) they couldn't play any of the music on air unless it went through the proper and strict radio protocol which involve royalties of course.

A Christmas single would be a really smart move because stations really loosen up their format and play different genres during Christmas.

My only complaint is that they're playing Christms songs earlier and earlier. One station here started playing Christmas songs exclusively the day after Veteran's Day last year! Thanksgiving gets lost in the shuffle and I'm kind of burnt out on Christmas songs by the time Christmas gets here.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 10:41PM »

I play the Christmas cd for 2 reasons. One it is CW and 2 it is cooler at Christmas time and here it gets up to 115

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Kelsey

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 03:50PM »

Hopefully CW will be on the radio someday.  And I think that releasing a Christmas song sounds like a great idea because, like said earlier, stations do play a lot of different genres of Christmas music during the season.

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 12:33PM »

Do you think they have selected songs there?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 12:37PM »

I think us as fans can work together and push for there music to be played on the radio then other will hear them and fall in love with them and then they can grow as a group because of their fans and will be around forever.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 12:41PM »

I'll bet so too. Roll Eyes Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 01:59PM »

I think us as fans can work together and push for there music to be played on the radio then other will hear them and fall in love with them and then they can grow as a group because of their fans and will be around forever.
It would help a lot if EMI would release any of their songs as singles.  Those are the ones that get all the radio air time.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
KiernanKate
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 02:01PM »

Richard, wouldn't the ladies or even CW Ltd have to approve that happening first before it could happen?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: