Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW on Radio  (Read 28306 times)
Moscapoet
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 04:13PM »

Last year, I was listening to some Christmas channel on the internet and I heard the Christmas CD all the time. Sometimes, there would be 2 tracks an hour.  I am sorry I can't remember what station that it was on but it was some internet Christmas channel. I also read somewhere here, that someone is playing Amy Rivard's cd on their station.  Let's get the tunes on the air!

Yes you did. One of the replies to my Amy Rivard thread was from forum member penguin laminating device. I don't know where his station is but Amy sent an e-mail to me shortly after stating that she sent a copy of her CD off to him. I did a little dj work myself for awhile and miss the old independent stations that offered flexibility in the play list. I hope Amy and the others can find an avenue to get some air time on radio. We here in the forum though are the first line of offense in promoting CW and the individuals within it. I get the sneaking suspicion that EMI and CW LTD. know that, which is fine. All we can do is what we've been doing and that seems to work pretty well, at least here in the states.     
jsharp

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 04:20PM »

Oy!! Rich that's just mean!!!  Tongue

That's right. I'm a little angel.

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” - Anne Lamott

KiernanKate
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 04:24PM »

no you ain't!
John910

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2007, 11:11PM »

You could ask local college/university stations that have Celtic or Irish or World or New Age music shows to play Celtic Woman. Also if there is a local "Adult Standards" or "Soft Adult Contemporary"  station in your city, you could inquire about them playing Celtic Woman.
(This would probably work better at a locally owned, locally programmed station.)

In a radio forum that I read, the program director or music director of a "new" easy listening type station posted and listed some of the artists that would be played on the station and Celtic Woman was one of the artists listed.

celtic_girlakp
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 09:43PM »

oh a college radio great idea.
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 02:39PM »

One of Lisa's songs was on AOL radio the other day under celtic music....
Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2007, 02:19PM »

You Raise Me Up was played on a radio station here in Buffalo.

Thanks Mel!
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 03:07PM »

Well, I've never heard them on the radio here but Sunday night as I was dozing off, I heard songs from ANJ and of course I woke up totally!!  It was a commercial (and not on PBS) to buy ANJ.  I had trouble falling asleep after than!  Undecided

I saw that commercial couple weeks ago, and I got so excited over it...I am so pathetic Cheesy

<course now I am on a CW Fast again>

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 01:55PM »

<course now I am on a CW Fast again>
Do you mind if I ask? Why are  you on a CW fast? (that sounds like a rhyme, wasen't ment to be, I promise!) I will be on one Oct 1 - the PBS showing of CC. Shocked
celtic_girlakp
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 11:14AM »

Why a CW Fast. I would not be able to stand it.
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 12:02PM »

Well i'm the kind of person that can't listen to any kind of music every day. It can get anoying really fast. So since I am totally free from CW for 2 months or so, I will enjoy the PBS show even more! But that is just me, I know I am in the minority here. Grin
poohbear
Honorary Roadie

funcle

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 12:46PM »

Well i'm the kind of person that can't listen to any kind of music every day. It can get anoying really fast. So since I am totally free from CW for 2 months or so, I will enjoy the PBS show even more! But that is just me, I know I am in the minority here. Grin

2 months!  Just seven days away from CW makes one weak.
 Grin
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 03:22PM »

LOL. It took me a while to figure that one out but,  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Moscapoet
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 02:07PM »

The first time I heard anyone from Celtic Woman was when Orla's "Harry's game" was used as late night bumper music between segments on coast to coast with Art Bell. Yes, I used to be a talk radio junkie. I like my new listening better, its more peaceful.
jess91492

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2007, 08:29PM »

For anyone who has Comcast, on the music channels in the 500's, I didn't hear any Celtic Woman on the "Sounds of the Season" around Saint Patricks day but they might have played it there. They also have a station that plays New Age music but I'm not sure if they would be on there.

I'm more popular on the Celtic Woman forums than in real life Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: