Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11/22/09 ~ Long Beach Concert Review  (Read 26906 times)
dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 08:34AM »

Of course i get this now!! as i'm leaving!!! i'll be back later!! and i WILL read this!!! i can't wait!!!

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Chris

Why do they speak so selfishly?

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 09:32AM »

Rain.
Your whole emotion during the Sky, the Dawn and the Sun. I remember that clear as a bell from my first show at Red Rocks. I was moved to tears; my grin was so big I thought my face was going to fall off. XD
But yes, When You Believe is fantastic, isn't it? And Alex is amazing. Can't wait to hear more of it!

Loud voices raised in anger, speak harsh words, such cruel words.
dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 02:13PM »

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! i want to read more!!!!!!!!!!! i don't want to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha jk jk i am so excited to hear the rest!!!!

i NEED to go to another concert!!! up close!!!! M&G.....front row!! the whole shebang!!! and i NEED someone to go with!!! i love my mom, but she just has no clue!!!! hahaha WAITING WAITING WAITING!!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Joan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 02:37PM »

Thanks for sharing your memories of your first CW Concert. You make us feel like we are there with you. You have a wonderful talent in writing. Can't want for more from you!
Joan
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 04:40PM »

Wow.  That's all I can think of to say.  Rain, this review is so fantastic!!!!!!  You literally have me sitting there right next to you wanting to grab those binoculars!!!!!  I seriously CANNOT wait for the rest!!!!!!! 

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 04:46PM »

Wow.  That's all I can think of to say.  Rain, this review is so fantastic!!!!!!  You literally have me sitting there right next to you wanting to grab those binoculars!!!!!  I seriously CANNOT wait for the rest!!!!!!! 

*hands you binoculars* *sniffle* Enjoy! LOL! Halfway done with part two of two!  Smiley

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

Antiup

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 05:30PM »

This is really good. I was there at the show and could hear Mairead name being yelled from behind me. That had to be you. I hate to put him on the spot but Juan cried. lol and I almost did when Lisa sang The blessing. Just wow.
Can not wait to read the rest.
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 11:29PM »

Awesome review! Long Beach was my first concert too, and reading your review is like living it all over again! Thanks and can't wait to read the rest!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 04:43PM »

i really loved ur review!! if you have the pics we took with the other forum people woule you post them please?
It was nice meeting you

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 05:39PM »

I said earlier to my aunt in the car “I’d take a bullet for these tickets!” She replied, “I think you’d take a bullet for these girls!”

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 05:50PM »

OMG reading this review brought me back and i got to experience 16th row with you. Helpful that we all have different parts we remember and were affected by it in VERY different ways. Note i didn't tear up but i'm not made of stone, they moved me but in a very different way. And i remeber loving binoculars from far away they really do make all the difference. I remeber hearing that "Mairead" nice vocals to reach all the way to third row. And during G D i thought of the guy too! and how much i probably looked like him! Thanks so much for this wonderful review
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 05:56PM by lisalover7 » Logged

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 06:31PM »

Rain! This is a wonderful review!!!  Grin Feels like we're sitting right there with ya!
Binoculars are always a must! lol
Btw, yes, EVERYONE has a "WOW!" moment at their first concert.  I've been to two and both were very "WOW!" and I teared up during SDS too.  Smiley

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 06:49PM »

i really loved ur review!! if you have the pics we took with the other forum people woule you post them please?
It was nice meeting you

Yes! lol! I have one picture of us, but it's a little blurry ( HUGE understatement  Undecided ) I'll post it anyways, though, at the end of the review! ^o^

OMG reading this review brought me back and i got to experience 16th row with you. Helpful that we all have different parts we remember and were affected by it in VERY different ways. Note i didn't tear up but i'm not made of stone, they moved me but in a very different way. And i remeber loving binoculars from far away they really do make all the difference. I remeber hearing that "Mairead" nice vocals to reach all the way to third row. And during G D i thought of the guy too! and how much i probably looked like him! Thanks so much for this wonderful review

Oh, that's really awesome that you can probably remember a lot more than I can! lol! I'm still in a daze, and cloud 9 isn't good enough anymore! Tongue

Rain! This is a wonderful review!!!  Grin Feels like we're sitting right there with ya!
Binoculars are always a must! lol
Btw, yes, EVERYONE has a "WOW!" moment at their first concert.  I've been to two and both were very "WOW!" and I teared up during SDS too.  Smiley

LOL! I'm sooooooo glad my aunt thought of binoculars! I'm sure if anyone else had taken me to the concert, it would not have been very special! Thank God for binoculars! lol! Cheesy

Next part of review should be up soon! It would have been up waaaaaaaaay sooner, but I neglected it a lot over Thanksgiving!  Undecided

when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2009, 06:32PM »

2 / 2 of Part Two: The Intermission/Concert

The intermission was probably the most stressful, nerve-wracking part of that Sunday night! Once the lights were back on, and David’s announcement of a twenty-minute break was heard, Angelica, my aunt, and I raced to the bathroom. There was a line practically stretching all the way to the other side of the building! We asked if there were any other restrooms available (no way was I going to wait in that line and miss the show!!)   We were directed upstairs. Okay, this line wasn’t as bad, but I checked my phone practically every two seconds to make sure there was still time for all three of us to get in, get out, and get back to our seats!
   It came really close! After we had all gone to the bathroom, there already was an announcement that the show was starting, and the doors were closing in the theater!! I was freaking out! I practically jumped down the stairs (okay, literally - I‘m sure security was watching!) and dodged to the doors that led you into the actual theatre - Door 6, but our proper door was Door 9. Door 6 was still open, so I walked over quickly  to check if Door 9 was as well. It wasn’t! Angelica turned around and saw the man at Door 6 getting ready to close it! I spun on my heel (again, literally) and ran (my aunt eventually reached the door the same time we did ) I begged the guy to “Wait, wait, wait-wait-wait! Don‘t close it!”
    He was nice enough to let us in before locking the doors and I eventually found my row. The Call was already playing, and I walked in stride with the music to my seat (which was oh-so-conveniently placed in the middle of the row! I feel so sorry for all those people I had to squeeze by! Undecided )
  We made it to our seats just as the girls began singing! Yes! Made it by a hair! *whew*
Well, I’ll skip all the stuff I didn’t remember and start with the group’s version of Danny Boy. In my mind, this is Meav’s song. Period. No one can and ever will top her version; she owns it. (Yes, I’m really that protective Wink ) But…when all four girls sang this, something just really “magical“ happened to the point where you could hear someone breathing….on the other side of the theater.
    …Or not breathing, depending on how this song touched them. I was probably holding my breath the entire time! They’ve done it again! David really out-did himself with arranging the vocals; it was amazing!
       Remember, I said that this was Meav’s song….
   For some reason, I could imagine Meav standing behind Lisa, Alex, Lynn and Chloë and singing with them, leading them in that song. That imagery just completely stuck with me for the rest of the night. Someday, if Meav does ever decide to rejoin the group; I really hope they’ll do something similar to what I “saw.”
  At the Ceili! Now, I’ve never heard any other version of this song other than Orla, Lisa, and Meav’s. I’ve been so used to the ANJ performance (complete with all the moves, facial expressions, which lady got which man, etc. ) so this was a really cool refresher and it just shows the outstanding diversity of Celtic Woman!  
     Máiréad made me laugh out loud (again) during Lynn’s turn: One of them is dark and poor, one fair with lots of money. I don’t know which one to choose; the flower or the honey? ~  Máiréad was currently jamming out on her fiddle with the band at this point in the song, and she just had the most hilarious look on her face. She rolled her eyes at the girls and looked to the bass/guitar guy (who’s name escapes me) as if to say “Oh my God, I can’t believe these girls! Won’t she just choose already?!” I will always remember that look, and know that if or whenever I need a smile, I know exactly what to think about! Cheesy
  As the concert stretched on, I was definitely getting familiar with my aunt’s binoculars! I had promised myself earlier that I’d get at least one image of each girl permanently engrained into my memory bank.
     Thankfully, I have several. Smiley
  Lisa’s was the most stunning! I got a real good look at her in The Blessing and The Voice. She was standing next to the piano, singing to the crowd. And there are these rays of white light coming from one of the many effect lights perched above the stage. Dark and light rays are fanned out across the piano and Lisa (the fog really added a nice effect to everything!) and it was just the most breathtaking image of Lisa I ever have and probably ever will see. The Voice was something similar to this, albeit with much more color. During the crescendo, white miniature strobe lights danced in and out of the stage and around Lisa. She had her arms wide open as she held that final note of the song and it was just such an amazing thing to watch!
   My image of Lynn was definitely more of a peppy, fun memory! During Carolina Rua, she placed her hand on her hip and did this little slow step dance in a circle with a priceless smile on her face! Very cute! I admit it shamefully, I don’t know much about Lynn or Alex, since I’m still very much a CW newbie, and very much still learning/ catching up on everything that has happened - past and present.
   I was so excited when Alex sang You’ll Be In My Heart (probably the one Alex song I was looking forward to the most!) I can very much still see this huge, beaming smile plastered on her face as she sang! Her eyes!!! Oh my gosh, her eyes are EXTREMELY expressive!! Shocked Shocked Shocked I couldn’t see her up close, stupid me, but when I looked through those binoculars and saw Alex’s eyes, I became speechless!! It was an absolutely wonderful experience!   Cheesy
   Chloë. Was. Absolutely. Glorious. Shocked I am still in shock! When You Believe is, without a doubt, one of Chloë’s best songs! Maybe that’s just my opinion (probably because how emotional I got during this) but, that one high note at the end!!!! WOW!! Shocked Shocked Shocked As a singer myself (albeit I’ve only been in choir) I can only bow down in awe at her talent! (not that I’m not already Tongue ) But…the entire audience was just completely silent as she let go of that high note….Wow. Smiley
   Grin Okay, all you concert-goers!! You know exactly what I mean when I say that Máiréad brings so much life and energy to the stage! I have always been impressed by her liveliness on the DVDs, but actually seeing her in real life is just the most exhilarating thing in world!!! I actually lost count how many times she spun in Coast of Galicia and Granuaile’s Dance….and the Finale Roll Eyes Those are really fun and upbeat songs and she was just moving soooooo fast!! Shocked The Lost Rose Fantasia is my FAVORITE slow air Máiréad solo thus far, though…it’s probably the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard in my entire life and I don’t know how…but I just got really emotional when she played that Smiley There was just a spotlight shining down on her and she was slowly moving back and forth while performing and her hair was glowing (reminded me of a halo!) and her eyes were somewhat sad. The beautiful and elegant Máiréad did it again! I was crying unabashedly Smiley

Alright...so...yada-yada-yada...insert tearful rant here ( Wink )...and what?! The concert is over?! Not already!! Shocked I couldn't believe it!! Have two hours REALLY passed? Everything went by way too fast and I was already craving more!!! Cheesy Alright, so skip all the sad feelings with the knowledge that it's all OVER ( Sad ) and the lights come back on. People start filing out of the theater, and then I suddenly remembered: Caitlin!!! Cheesy I tapped my aunt on the shoulder, "Hey, I'm supposed to meet someone here from the forum." My aunt gave me this weird, warning look and I quickly put in, "She's supposed to be handing out buttons, auntie. I'll never get a chance like this again!" So my aunt agreed to come with me and Angelica. Waaaaaay before the concert, LL7 told me that I would KNOW who she is...and I did!! lol! Grin I don't know how I did know exactly, because all I remember is seeing a bright yellow shirt at the front of the stage and I immediately pointed out to my aunt, "That's her right there." "How did you know?" I shrugged, "I dunno, I'm pretty sure it's her." We said hi, chatted for a bit, took a picture, and I even got two buttons out of it (thank you sooooo much, Caitlin!!! Cheesy ) It was really cool meeting another forum friend, so that was just the icing on the cake!! Grin

Here's the pic (like I said, VERY blurry!! Blame my aunt who has no experience with cell phone cameras, lol! But it's better than nothing, right? Grin )

Caitlin (lisalover7), Me (when_rain_falls), Angelica (little sister) and I apologize! I forgot the next person's name!! Rachel (iluvcelticwoman) Grin Grin

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand that wraps up this review!!! Grin Grin Grin Again, I am soooo sorry that this part is over a month late! I kept putting it off (not that I wanted to or anything) for another day because I always seemed to be trying to catch up on posting and all that jazz! Cheesy Thanks for reading!  

Rain  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:32PM by when_rain_falls » Logged

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2009, 06:45PM »

No apologies needed, Rain!!!!!!  This was great, and it was awesome to read something like this since all of the concerts have been over for a while and we won't be reading any reviews for a while!!!  Your review is just amazing!!!!!  I love the parts about each girl and the images that have stuck with you.  That is awesome.  Smiley Gosh, I can't wait for the SFTH tour!!!!!!! 

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: