Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 865   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infamous Random Thread (IRT) #2  (Read 2975582 times)
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #11310 on: July 30, 2014, 07:47PM »

I think this forum is just fine.  Any "spam" is quickly removed by the excellent administrators and moderators.
This is a family friendly forum and a safe place for people interested in Celtic Woman and The High Kings.
It is the best place to keep up with CW, THK and your forum friends.  It is an important part of daily life for some forum members.
Nobody is required to visit, join or read ALL the posts, so if you have no interest in a certain subject, DON'T READ IT.
If you have more interest in cats, or dogs, or cars, or boats, or whatever, you can probably find a forum you might enjoy more than this one.  Or, you could always start your own forum.
Jim
Member since 2007, and more time spent on this forum than all but 2 of you.  Check the stats. Wink

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11311 on: July 30, 2014, 07:58PM »

I think this forum is just fine.  Any "spam" is quickly removed by the excellent administrators and moderators.
This is a family friendly forum and a safe place for people interested in Celtic Woman and The High Kings.
It is the best place to keep up with CW, THK and your forum friends.  It is an important part of daily life for some forum members.
Nobody is required to visit, join or read ALL the posts, so if you have no interest in a certain subject, DON'T READ IT.
If you have more interest in cats, or dogs, or cars, or boats, or whatever, you can probably find a forum you might enjoy more than this one.  Or, you could always start your own forum.
Jim
Member since 2007, and more time spent on this forum than all but 2 of you.  Check the stats. Wink

Thanks  Jim.......     Cool   

AggieGuy
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11312 on: July 30, 2014, 09:14PM »

I think this forum is just fine.  Any "spam" is quickly removed by the excellent administrators and moderators.
It is the best place to keep up with CW, THK and your forum friends.  It is an important part of daily life for some forum members.
If you have more interest in cats, or dogs, or cars, or boats, or whatever, you can probably find a forum you might enjoy more than this one.  Or, you could always start your own forum.
Jim
Member since 2007, and more time spent on this forum than all but 2 of you.  Check the stats. Wink  

It does not matter how long you've been here.  It does not make you any more special or more important, nor does it give you the right to tell others what we can think or say.  You already tired it with me once before.

People get tired of thread after thread of mindless babble and then having legit thread hijacked with even more.  This should not be a personal fantasy forum.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:14AM by aislin » Logged
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #11313 on: July 30, 2014, 09:25PM »

Jim

It does not matter how long you've been here.  It does not make you any more special or more important, nor does it give you the right to tell others what we can think or say.  You already tired it with me once before.

When I called for one very inappropriate thread to be deleted, you PMed me and were extremely rude about it. And for the record, that thread got deleted.

People get tired of thread after thread of mindless babble and then having legit thread hijacked with even more.  This should not be a personal fantasy forum.
I agree Eric.  It doesn't matter how long you've been on the forum.

I know I've been bullied on here before.. just for asking advice in the members helping members thread.
I messaged a mod and she deleted the offending post... but seriously... this forum used to be a fun place for me to come and hang out..
now there's just too much drama..

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
oregongirl29
« Reply #11314 on: July 30, 2014, 09:29PM »

I agree,
littlecubspirit
Honorary Roadie

Mairead and Misha- Pixies!

« Reply #11315 on: July 30, 2014, 10:04PM »

The drama is honestly ripping the forum apart. It's heartbreaking for me to see, and I'm terrified I will get caught in the crossfire, which is why I haven't been on here much lately. I really and truly love this forum, and it used to be a safe place for me to come when I needed to be around people who understood me, and saw me for who I am. Now, I'm so scared I'll say the wrong thing and hurt someone or upset them that I don't post. That said, I think this forum is a valuable asset to the CW fan community and we need to remember that the reason it was created is to provide a place for people to congregate and discuss these amazing artists including The High Kings. That doesn't mean we can't talk about other things, but that should be the main focus whenever possible.

Remember that no matter what we discuss, everyone has a right to an opinion. Everyone here also has the right to certain reasonable expectations when they choose to join discussions on the forum, such as the right to expect that they will be treated respectfully. If you feel differently than someone when it comes to a particular topic, great! That's what makes for good discussion...but please understand that opinions are often reflections of our emotional attachments to and convictions regarding topics. Two big no-no areas I try to steer clear of are politics and religion, and they have little place here. This is a place for us to find common ground through our shared love of these incredible groups and their music.

If things get personal, or you feel wronged, contact a mod or admin, or possibly see if it can be resolved respectfully via PM. Publicly is not a good way to go guys. Please.

This forum is my home and you guys are my family. I love you and I don't want to be scared any more. I want to come home.

Misha

MY REVIEW OF MY THIRD SHOW IS UP!

I MET LISA L, CHLOE, MAIREAD N, SUSAN,  MAIREAD C, LYNN, EABHA,  DAVID, SARAH/EDEL, CRAIG, NICK, RAY, ANTHONY!
ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #11316 on: July 31, 2014, 01:23AM »

Different opinions are something to be expected and respected - everywhere.

Apart from that, I haven't seen any heavy discussions or even bullying on the forum. But that might be, because I know lots of less friendly forums (and people) and just can't imagine a friendlier forum than this o.O

And well said, Misha Smiley

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11317 on: July 31, 2014, 07:06AM »

Hi people,

Everyone's opinion is valid here weather you've been here since the beginning or you joined yesterday. Weather you have one post or thousands. Kim and I haven't been as strict as Rich was, but that is just our style. We've made the forum pretty easy to follow as far as if you just want to check out the latest CW news or are looking for more general CW discussion I think and we did that in part so people could find what they were looking for relatively easily.

I too am tired of some of the drama so if being less lenient is the solution to that then that is what we'll do. No one should be afraid to post here. I've seen forums where the wrong post will get you attacked and that is never how anyone involved in this forum has ever wanted it to be. We'll do the best we can and you guys are always welcome to PM us or push the Report to Mod button that appears on every post if there is a problem or issue.

aislin
gig5
Total Fanatic

The fight for Middle Earth

« Reply #11318 on: July 31, 2014, 09:10AM »

Hi people,

Everyone's opinion is valid here weather you've been here since the beginning or you joined yesterday. Weather you have one post or thousands. Kim and I haven't been as strict as Rich was, but that is just our style. We've made the forum pretty easy to follow as far as if you just want to check out the latest CW news or are looking for more general CW discussion I think and we did that in part so people could find what they were looking for relatively easily.

I too am tired of some of the drama so if being less lenient is the solution to that then that is what we'll do. No one should be afraid to post here. I've seen forums where the wrong post will get you attacked and that is never how anyone involved in this forum has ever wanted it to be. We'll do the best we can and you guys are always welcome to PM us or push the Report to Mod button that appears on every post if there is a problem or issue.

Thank you Aislin. I agree.

aislin
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #11319 on: July 31, 2014, 11:44AM »

I think this forum is just fine.  Any "spam" is quickly removed by the excellent administrators and moderators.
It is the best place to keep up with CW, THK and your forum friends.  It is an important part of daily life for some forum members.
If you have more interest in cats, or dogs, or cars, or boats, or whatever, you can probably find a forum you might enjoy more than this one.  Or, you could always start your own forum.
Jim
Member since 2007, and more time spent on this forum than all but 2 of you.  Check the stats. Wink  

It does not matter how long you've been here.  It does not make you any more special or more important, nor does it give you the right to tell others what we can think or say.  You already tired it with me once before.

People get tired of thread after thread of mindless babble and then having legit thread hijacked with even more.  This should not be a personal fantasy forum.
  But  might  I  point  out  that  you  are  telling  US  what  to  think  or  say.  By  saying what you  did, you  become  guilty  of  the  same  thing you accuse  others  of. 

IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #11320 on: July 31, 2014, 12:57PM »

I don't want to get caught in the middle of this anymore than I already have.. but I just want to say something.
This forum is nothing like it used to be when I first joined... I agree with Misha.  This forum is/used to be my family.

I've been steering clear of it lately, cause there's honestly too much drama...

The people I've become really close to on this forum, I'm in contact with other ways.. FB, Twitter, texting, calling etc...

I may take a break from the forum for awhile... I can't deal with all this drama...

Misha, my big Sister... message me on FB or text me anytime sweetie.. <3 You know how much I love you <3

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
oregongirl29
« Reply #11321 on: July 31, 2014, 01:32PM »

I may take a break from the forum for awhile... I can't deal with all this drama...

Good idea, I think I may join you. catch you on Facebook.

ShiningBright
Honorary Roadie

let it carry me through darkest night

« Reply #11322 on: July 31, 2014, 01:36PM »

This is a testily discussion about not duscussion testily. And I think it should be stopped. This is the Infamous Random Thread, for babbling things like "We have awesome weather" "I'm eating ice cream" "Hi, guys! How are you?", etc. Honsetly, it's impossible to always hare the same opinions. But seriously, the people on here like each other - basicially. Okay, only some of us know each other in real life (I don't know anyone here in RL...) and not all of us know each other even well online. But we basicially like each other. And I think it should stay that way. We should just respect each other's opinions and calm down a little. And we clearly shouldn't argue or fight.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11323 on: July 31, 2014, 03:33PM »

This is a testily discussion about not duscussion testily. And I think it should be stopped. This is the Infamous Random Thread, for babbling things like "We have awesome weather" "I'm eating ice cream" "Hi, guys! How are you?", etc. Honsetly, it's impossible to always hare the same opinions. But seriously, the people on here like each other - basicially. Okay, only some of us know each other in real life (I don't know anyone here in RL...) and not all of us know each other even well online. But we basicially like each other. And I think it should stay that way. We should just respect each other's opinions and calm down a little. And we clearly shouldn't argue or fight.

I'm going to second that. Let's take it back to the fun lighthearted thread it was. Anything else will be removed.

aislin
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

« Reply #11324 on: July 31, 2014, 04:14PM »

sorry.. i may have lengthened the conversation...  Sad  Embarrassed *hides*

back to the random thread...

I LOVE hanging my clothes on the clothesline!!!!!

I know, i'm weird.. Tongue

Thanks Scott! 
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 865   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: