Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 865   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infamous Random Thread (IRT) #2  (Read 2969515 times)
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12585 on: August 10, 2017, 05:57PM »

I live in Columbia. Yeah. It's going to be huge. Everything is saying come here for the eclipse. So yeah, estimates are around 1 million.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12586 on: August 10, 2017, 06:02PM »

I live in Columbia. Yeah. It's going to be huge. Everything is saying come here for the eclipse. So yeah, estimates are around 1 million.
Wow !     Shocked

CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #12587 on: August 10, 2017, 07:48PM »

Not planning to travel to see the Eclipse. The total eclipse will happen a bit south of where I am. There should be a partial eclipse here.

The last time there was an eclipse, I was driving home and it was really dangerous because it was distracting other drivers.

As sad as it sounds, I'm most likely just going to be working through it and not notice it.

I might drive out of town to see the Perseid meteor shower on Saturday, August 12th. Depends on weather obviously. I missed the recent Aurora here completely on account of it being overcast (although apparently that was really hit and miss / luck of the draw for people even where there were clear skies). I saw the Perseid's when I was younger (probably 15-20 years ago, the year when it was supposedly going to be the most spectacular "Metor Storm" in 20 years). I mean, it was fun and I happened to be in a good (cottage-country) location at the time anyways, but it wasn't mind blowing or anything. But yeah, if I can find a spot to go and just sit for a while around 45 minutes out of town, that might be far enough away from the light pollution to see a few shooting stars. You can bet all but a few of those wishes will be Celtic-Woman-related. Wink

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12588 on: August 11, 2017, 03:40AM »

Why  am  I  up at  this  hour !?  It's  probably  because  of  the steroid  medication  that  was  prescribed  to  reduce  the  inflammation  of  my  apparent  gout.   Tongue

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #12589 on: August 11, 2017, 08:38AM »

Why  am  I  up at  this  hour !?  It's  probably  because  of  the steroid  medication  that  was  prescribed  to  reduce  the  inflammation  of  my  apparent  gout.   Tongue
Get well soon, James.

I went to the post office today to buy stamps and they have Eclipse stamps that look like the eclipse (imagine that!).  For 25 cents, you can get a special envelope for them. Wink
There are also new stamps with sharks and others with butterflies.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 07:23PM by Jim M. » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12590 on: August 12, 2017, 03:57PM »

Why  am  I  up at  this  hour !?  It's  probably  because  of  the steroid  medication  that  was  prescribed  to  reduce  the  inflammation  of  my  apparent  gout.   Tongue
Get well soon, James.

I went to the post office today to buy stamps and they have Eclipse stamps that look like the eclipse (imagine that!).  For 25 cents, you can get a special envelope for them. Wink
There are also new stamps with sharks and others with butterflies.  
  Thanks  Jim. The  medication  has  worked  well- no  more  pain,  but  has  messed  with  my sleep  a  bit. But  I will  take  the  trade  off  any day.    Smiley

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12591 on: August 15, 2017, 08:11AM »

Chloe and the Atlanta Pops ticket purchased.  Grin
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12592 on: August 17, 2017, 03:34AM »

So they're calling for a big storm coming in Monday afternoon right in time for the solar eclipse. Typical weather for August in SC. We shall see what happens.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12593 on: August 18, 2017, 10:40AM »

So that whole 1 million estimate? I'm wrong. 1.5-2 million. Ick.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #12594 on: August 18, 2017, 10:45AM »

We have miles long backups on 2 lane roads with people trying to get into camping spots for the weekend and eclipse.
www.kval.com
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:25AM by Jim M. » Logged
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12595 on: August 18, 2017, 06:50PM »

Yuck. Traffic's already bad here. I'm working Monday so hopefully traffic won't be too bad when I get out. People should be where they're going by then, and I'm staying off the interstates.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12596 on: August 19, 2017, 09:49AM »

Yuck. Traffic's already bad here. I'm working Monday so hopefully traffic won't be too bad when I get out. People should be where they're going by then, and I'm staying off the interstates.
  Be  safe.    Smiley

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #12597 on: August 21, 2017, 09:46AM »

Home safe. Took me twice as long as usual due to the traffic. Relaxing and hydrating. Going to eat lunch, throw on a bunch of sunscreen, hydrate more, grab a book, and then I'm going to go sit in the parking lot of one of the churches near me (with a bunch of water). Then I'll wait and melt. I'm not driving anywhere to see the thing. That's too much today.

My dad's backpacking in the mountains. He sent me multiple texts yesterday of all the people who don't know the basics of camping who showed up (lots of alcohol, being loud and obnoxious, don't follow the leave no trace rule). Alas.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #12598 on: August 21, 2017, 08:51PM »

I am so tired!! this new sleep med works a little too well..

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12599 on: August 26, 2017, 09:52PM »

I'm not  normally  into  "the  fights"  scene....   but  the  McGregor  vs. Mayweather  has  me  intrigued  I  admit.   Cool

Pages: 1 ... 838 839 [840] 841 842 ... 865   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: