Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ticket Prices.  (Read 13632 times)
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« on: November 26, 2009, 08:05PM »

Would you please put prices for tickets for one person ( With and without M&G) so I can get the average pricefor when the last few venues are posted?
Thanks in advance,
                           Clay S.

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 10:33AM »

Here in southern CA, KOCE and KVCR both have tickets for $125 each.

If you're talking about ticketmaster, when I checked prices for the Long Beach show they in the $40-60 price range. Plus I think there was a $10 handling charge or something per ticket.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 01:45PM »

It's also much cheaper to buy directly from the venue's website than from ticketmaster if you can.
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 01:47PM »

If you're talking about ticketmaster, when I checked prices for the Long Beach show they in the $40-60 price range. Plus I think there was a $10 handling charge or something per ticket.

do you know if they are offering a meet and greet?

when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 01:56PM »

It's also much cheaper to buy directly from the venue's website than from ticketmaster if you can.

How cheap? Wink lol!! Do the venue's also include M&G's if you purchase from them?

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

BlueFawn

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 02:09PM »

MGs have only ever been offered through PBS pledges.

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 02:22PM »

How cheap? Wink lol!! Do the venue's also include M&G's if you purchase from them?

From what I understand you can only get M&G through PBS.

Oh lets see for the last show I visited, 2 tickets from the venue was around 50 bucks cheaper than getting them through ticketmaster.
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 02:58PM »

and the prices for meet and greets?

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 03:11PM »

The prices for Meet and Greets will vary from city to city and PBS station to PBS station. For example, for Chicago next year I paid $150 for a ticket and Meet and Greet ($300 for both nights Grin), but Orlando last year I paid $500 for a ticket and Meet and Greet. Tallahassee this year was $365. Orlando this year is charging $750 (I'm skipping that one, lol).

It varies quite widely, which is why a lot of us travel to see CW.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 03:14PM »

I saw no mention of a M&G on the KOCE website. However on the KVCR site, when you add the level A tickets to the cart and click info, it mentions the words "meet and greet." I don't know what that means, and it seems unlikely that $125 would cover tickets and M&G, based on what I've heard others pay for M&G here on the forum. But I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed!

KOCE wanted $75 per M&G ticket for the Long Beach show.
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 03:17PM »

It's not politically correct to consider tix obtained through PBS as "purchased."  PBS offers tix as "thank you" gifts for contributions during pledge drives.  PBS, as a sponsor, gets some of the best seats in the house and offers pairs for the large contributors.  Occasionally PBS will offer a limited number of prime tix plus Meet & Greet passes for the extra large contributions .  Contributions for M&G packages vary from $125 per pair (I think I've seen some this low) to $600 per pair (the highest I've seen) depending on venue.  If you find a M&G package being offered by some website other than PBS, be very careful.      
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 03:24PM by Ganconagh » Logged

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 03:30PM »

It's not politically correct to consider tix obtained through PBS as "purchased."   

Um, says who? I whole-heartedly consider it a purchase and I don't see anything politically incorrect about thinking of it as such. I'm giving someone my money, and they're giving me concert tickets in return. In essence, you are purchasing something. Yes, it is considered a "donation," but I'll be honest: I would NEVER fork over that kind of money to them if it wasn't for CW. Period. PBS has great programming, but CW is what makes me open up my wallet for them.

Also, the PBS donations are tax deductible, but only what is beyond the fair market value of the tickets. You're still paying that.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 03:31PM »

I saw no mention of a M&G on the KOCE website. However on the KVCR site, when you add the level A tickets to the cart and click info, it mentions the words "meet and greet." I don't know what that means, and it seems unlikely that $125 would cover tickets and M&G, based on what I've heard others pay for M&G here on the forum. But I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed!

KOCE wanted $75 per M&G ticket for the Long Beach show.

Thank you so much! I called and left them a message

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 03:38PM »

ok just did the ticket info for KVCR and 125 is for the meet and greet!!

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 03:48PM »

ok just did the ticket info for KVCR and 125 is for the meet and greet!!

That's an amazing price!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: