Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice BLOG post  (Read 6454 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: July 11, 2007, 06:11AM »

Came across this nice blog about Máiréad - http://www.violinist.com/blog/zeagle79/20077/7247/.  This is cool because these people are all violinists, and they appreciate her talent and technique in ways that a fan might not notice.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
ferngully
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 06:12AM »

good stuff
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 06:13AM »

Nice find!
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:54AM »

Thanks for sharing that, Rich.  It was an interesting read.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 11:58AM »

It was a nice article! I ran across an article today about CW and it was horrible! The lady complained about them through the whole article! I was sio mad.  Unfortunalty there are people out there like that.

Thanks Lindsey
DakotaF.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 03:09PM »

Came across this nice blog about Máiréad - http://www.violinist.com/blog/zeagle79/20077/7247/.  This is cool because these people are all violinists, and they appreciate her talent and technique in ways that a fan might not notice.

at the risk of being shot, I will say the truth. Celtic Woman is not for everyone, and people are entitiled to an opinion... But what made me actually angry was the one reviewer who compaired Mairead to a pole dancer. There are so many ways that was just wrong!
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 03:14PM »

Dakota, you're not talking about this blog post, are you?

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
DakotaF.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 03:18PM »

Dakota, you're not talking about this blog post, are you?

no it was from the NY Times, i never read the article but I heard about it here. (obviously i never read it after hearing that person make that quote. I figured why bother.)
kathleen
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 05:06PM »

Thanks Rich for sharing. I love Mairead's playing. Its was great to read other musicians talk about her. Grin

johninoregon

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 11:42PM »

shortly after receiving my copy of the first CW DVD I took it to a friend, Lisa Taylor who had been with a group called Liffey Folk which tou8red Ireland years ago. Every time Meiread played Lisa would lean forward and study what Meiread was doing. Lisa played the fiddle hence her interest. When we finished watching the DVD I asked Lisa "on a scale of one to ten just how good is that girl." Lisa looked me in the eye and said " John on a scale of one to ten that girl is a twenty." As an aside, I asked if she had heard of a group named Maxi, Dick and Twink. Lisa  said she knew the group because they had played the same venues several times so I told her that Twink was Chole's mother ..small world.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 11:42AM »

Not that you ever did, but now you can't doubt your friend's music skills...after all, she knows a 20 when she sees her!  Máiréad is just amazing...just amazing.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 02:53PM »

Twink  is that the same  Twink in the link of the 10th anniv. of riverdance pictures, I had no idea did anyone else know that?

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 09:16AM »

Wow! That blog post is so cool! I can see the full thing.  Cool

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: