Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: second Crhristmas CD songs  (Read 5579 times)
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 12:34PM »

Some songs I'd like to hear on the CD is

Believe from Polar Express
Somewhere in my memory from Home Alone
Where are you christmas from the grinch
there's no place like home for the holidays
holly jolly christmas

i'll think of more later

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 08:30PM »

I would like to hear "Last Christmas" maybe as a Lisa solo.

I'm sorry but I don't like that song and not even Lisa singing it would make it good to me. It's to redundant, has no point, too redundant, and I don't like redundancy, redundancy annoys me.

Hasn't this thread shown up before? Like September or some strange time like that? Look there for songs that I would want.

What songs would I like them to perform? Mairead could play You're a Mean One, Mister Grinch. They could redo Oh, Holy Night, but include the second verse, all of the third verse, have someone do an a cappella solo for the lines, "sweet hymns of joy in greatful chorus raise we, let all within us praise his holy name." Also, maybe a new song or two would be nice. I wonder if they did any new songs for the CD because I know that Green the Whole Year Round is new.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 03:33AM »

I would love a second Christmas CD someday.  Smiley

Hasn't this thread shown up before? Like September or some strange time like that? Look there for songs that I would want.
Ummm... yeah... my best friend Jane posted it...

Jwad

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 01:44PM »

holly jolly christmas

i'll think of more later

I can definately imagine Lynn singing "Where Are You Christmas"!!!  That would be gorgeous!  It would also be cool to hear them sing "What Child Is This"....yeah, with a solo for each verse!

Thanks to Western_Rose for the fantastic banners!!! Cheesy
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 02:42PM »

How about Winter Wonderland and Hark the Herald Angels Sing!
Those are the two I was going to say! They did good w/ the winterwonderland when they sang this at the end of the whitle house tree lighting!  It wouod be a good choice! and Hark the Harold Angels Sing I am more than 00% suprised not to see them record  or sing it for the christmas special or cd!  It would've fit right in!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 02:44PM »

How about Winter Wonderland and Hark the Herald Angels Sing!
Those are the two I was going to say! They did good w/ the winterwonderland when they sang this at the end of the whitle house tree lighting!  It wouod be a good choice! and Hark the Harold Angels Sing I am more than 100% suprised not to see them record  or sing it for the christmas special or cd!  It would've fit right in!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 02:50PM »

holly jolly christmas

i'll think of more later

I definately 100% can see all the girls do Believe from polar express!  It suites their voices togehter perfectly!And I could see either Lynn or Chloe doing Where Are You Christmas! I was think more on the chloe side of things but w/ Lynn and her doing pie jesu together they would be just perfect! And I actually was thinking maybe silver bells also! That  would be cute for all of them!  And winter wonderland and hark the harold angels sing!  But those were mentioned before!

I can definately imagine Lynn singing "Where Are You Christmas"!!!  That would be gorgeous!  It would also be cool to hear them sing "What Child Is This"....yeah, with a solo for each verse!

tlpeg?

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 04:15PM »

I would like to hear them sing Casting Crowns' arrangement of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"....
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 05:02PM »

Their first one A Christmas Celebration was, in my opinion the most beautiful Christmas show ever recorded...
Why isn't it ever shown again?Huh PBS stations are missing out not showing it in it's entirety uninterrupted around Christmas... and show it over and over again... or let a commercial station show it.... It would be in the same catagory as "It's a Wonderful Life"...... "wizard of Ozz"..... Grinch Stole Christmas"....."A Christmas Carol"... etc... a show you'd look forward to seeing every Christmas..... come on C.W. Ltd.... get on the Ball

I don't know anything for sure. What I'm going to say is pure conjecture. It could either be because of a- the fact that the show is old and they want to stick with new shows, or b- the fact that because it is old and has old members and for some odd reason they don't show reruns of a new season of a show with cast members who might have left midseason. Maybe they're just following that strange rule.

I should post my songs:

You're a mean one, Mister Grinch (Mairead)
Some new song involving the color red with Lisa and David on the piano
I Wonder At I Wander (Alex)
One Small Child (group singers)
The Four Gifts of Chirstmas (group singers, see another thread for lyrics)
Joy to the World (Lynn)
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman (all)
Oh Come, oh come, Emmanuel (group singers)
What Child is This (Chloe)
O Little Town of Bethlehem (Alex)
Once in Royal David's City (Lynn)
O Holy Night (new versions, all, with solo from Chloe)
My Favorite Things (all)
March of the Toys (Mairead)
The First Noel (again)
Gentle Mary Laid Her Child (Chloe)
Hey, Ho, Nobody Home (select singers)
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Lisa)

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Gerard

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 01:46AM »

Here are my suggestions:

Angels from the Realms of Glory

Vitae Lux (my favourite Sissel song)

In Dulci Jubilo (another Sissel song)

And on a different note: Hard Candy Christmas (yes, I know, it's from a musical about prostitutes, but it's a very nice song. Besides, it's not as if I had suggested Fairytale of New York, right ;-) )
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 10:27AM »

Wink Joan Baez sang "THE CHERRY TREE CAROL"  when Joseph was an old man an old man was he  he married virgin Mary
                           the Queen of Galilee   Alex
 Lullay, Thou little Tiny Child Chloe and others

The snow lay on the ground, the ground was white, when Christ our Lord was Born on Christmas Night..Lisa

Morning has broken...Lynn...may not entirely be Christmas but alludes to it...a new Hope a new beginning...

Fum Fum Fum...Ray and Nicky on Drums...On December 2 5th...etc...

c s
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:29AM by shankdee » Logged

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 05:28PM »

Their first one A Christmas Celebration was, in my opinion the most beautiful Christmas show ever recorded...
Why isn't it ever shown again?Huh PBS stations are missing out not showing it in it's entirety uninterrupted around Christmas... and show it over and over again... or let a commercial station show it.... It would be in the same catagory as "It's a Wonderful Life"...... "wizard of Ozz"..... Grinch Stole Christmas"....."A Christmas Carol"... etc... a show you'd look forward to seeing every Christmas..... come on C.W. Ltd.... get on the Ball

I don't know anything for sure. What I'm going to say is pure conjecture. It could either be because of a- the fact that the show is old and they want to stick with new shows, or b- the fact that because it is old and has old members and for some odd reason they don't show reruns of a new season of a show with cast members who might have left midseason. Maybe they're just following that strange rule.

I should post my songs:

You're a mean one, Mister Grinch (Mairead)
Some new song involving the color red with Lisa and David on the piano
I Wonder At I Wander (Alex)
One Small Child (group singers)
The Four Gifts of Chirstmas (group singers, see another thread for lyrics)
Joy to the World (Lynn)
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman (all)
Oh Come, oh come, Emmanuel (group singers)
What Child is This (Chloe)
O Little Town of Bethlehem (Alex)
Once in Royal David's City (Lynn)
O Holy Night (new versions, all, with solo from Chloe)
My Favorite Things (all)
March of the Toys (Mairead)
The First Noel (again)
Gentle Mary Laid Her Child (Chloe)
Hey, Ho, Nobody Home (select singers)
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (Lisa)

I would so use all the song from the cd and then add hark the hearld angels sing (shocked wasn't on the first cd!), walking in a winter wonderland ( did a very good job w/ it), silver bells, and gaudete! Could so here Lynn doing this one w/ lisa or chloe in the back ground! god rest you merry gentlemen is good and w/ chloes mature new voice, where are you christmas! and do you hear what I hear! Hmm that would be a good cd! i'd listen to it!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: