Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lyrics Non C'è Più?  (Read 30470 times)
aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 01:49AM »

Wow, thank you so much for posting these!  I have tried searching online for this song and could find absolutely nothing!!!!!  Yay!!!!!!

Don't search ... just visit 'chloe-agnew.com' and you'll find (almost) everything Wink !
In this case "Discography". Scroll down to "Songs From The Heart" and chose the song of your desire (if there won't appear 'offline' next to the title you'll be able to listen to the song).

Axel

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 10:04AM »

Wow, thank you so much for posting these!  I have tried searching online for this song and could find absolutely nothing!!!!!  Yay!!!!!!

Don't search ... just visit 'chloe-agnew.com' and you'll find (almost) everything Wink !
In this case "Discography". Scroll down to "Songs From The Heart" and chose the song of your desire (if there won't appear 'offline' next to the title you'll be able to listen to the song).

Axel

Oh, wow!!!!  Thank you!!!!!! 

Ok, I asked this on another thread, because I had forgotten I commented on this one, too.  Buuuut, does anyone know why they pronounce the "C'e" differently at the beginning and end?  First, they pronounce it as "che" and then they change it to "say."  Does that make a difference in the meaning?  I was just curious!!!

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2009, 10:22AM »

OMG! Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!!! I've been looking for these lyrics everywhere! Now I can move on to Nil Sen La! Lol
MrPeabody

Set the WayBack machine, Sherman.

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 11:07AM »

Buuuut, does anyone know why they pronounce the "C'e" differently at the beginning and end?  First, they pronounce it as "che" and then they change it to "say."  Does that make a difference in the meaning?  I was just curious!!!
If you look closely at the lyrics, it's a different word.  the first is "non c'è piu" and the second is "non sei piu".

Mike

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 11:39AM »

Buuuut, does anyone know why they pronounce the "C'e" differently at the beginning and end?  First, they pronounce it as "che" and then they change it to "say."  Does that make a difference in the meaning?  I was just curious!!!
If you look closely at the lyrics, it's a different word.  the first is "non c'è piu" and the second is "non sei piu".

Wow, I totally missed that!  Thank you so much!! 

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 03:53PM »

Someone on youtube posted a translation, she says she is italian and explained translated it.. I think it's quite faithfull, because it matches well with the english lyrics.

(if you want to check it out) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmqLYO3dVoA

In anyway, if it's right this would be the translation & explaining:

Explaining: This song it's about a river, and describes the moment when river's waves flow into the sea like in a dream.

Onda blu dove vai                                  blue wave, where? are you going?
Non lo chiederò                                    I won't ask you
Ciò che tu perderai                                what (the things) you will lose  
Non lo cercherò                                     I'll not search)

Cerchi di sfociare                                   you try to fall out
Corri sempre giù                                     you always flows down
Quando? trovi il mare                               when you find the sea
Fiume non c'è più                                    river there is no more

Wave of blue, long ago
Nothing but a stream
Rushing through mountain dew
To the sea's cold gleam
Nothing but a stream
Towards the ocean dream

Nata dal cielo                                      born from the sky
Day by day, deeper now                        
Al di là per quel                                   beyond
Del tuo sogno                                      your dream  
Sempre più                                          even more

Al di là delle colline                              beyond the hills
Scorri oltre il confine                           flows over the borders
Fiume non? c'è più                                river there is no more

Rolling wave, calling now
Voices clear and pure
Find the way home somehow
Find the way for sure

Quando vuoi sfociare                           when you want to fall out
Scorri sempre giù                                flow always down
Finchè trovi il mare                              until you'll find the sea
Finchè non sei più                               until you are no more

Wave off green
Wave off blue
Flowing home

Non sei più                                         you are no more

It such a gorgeous and stunning piece... A song from the heart. And a amazing way of describing. The river flowing home to the sea, the confined bustle of life passing into the infinite and eternal (that's what I think it is  Cheesy)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:12PM by MaryN. » Logged
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 07:04PM »

I agree Mary, beautiful song with beautiful lyrics. Thanks for finding the translation!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 06:46PM »

Grin I did not have a clue about this song until I hit this thread....such a beautiful melody and now these
      gorgeous words..Yes, I guess it is the River of Life..etc..T H A N K S  again CWF Members...

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
scath4

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 08:24AM »

If you look, the lyrics for this song are by the same two people who wrote the words for "Mo Ghile Mear", "The Soft Goodbye", "Nil Sen La", "Songs from the Heart Give me your hand" "songs from the heart walking the night" and some others.  I think they work with David on each show/album.  My friend saw one of them at the show in RCMH -- Lisa mentioned on the stage that they were in the audience
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 11:35AM »

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
Guardian of the Rose
Bodhrán Player

Let the dream come true SOMEDAY

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 08:27AM »

Still stuck on this song!     Smiley             I remember Chloë had a song on her 'Walking in the Air' album.
 it had the same adagio slow movement this one does.  the title: 'Going Home'  some how the connection is special some how.  I also noted that Chloë voice has grown!!!       the last line she sings gets me every time.     Cheesy

There is a special connection! Wink

I know...my signature is just...awesome! Smiley
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 02:12AM »

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  I do not know about other concerts, but at the TULSA concert...they especially ELEVATED  Non Ce' Piu
                    to an ecstatic state....it was one of the most stunning vocal presentations I had ever heard...
                    Actually, I had forgotten these lyrics...and their meaning. Now, I can see why it was so extra
                    beautiful..as a metaphor, or symbol of our lives flowing into the sea of eternity...Beautful * * *

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
LauraHutchison

Lisa Kelly _ Our forever "She-roe !"

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 08:23PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  I do not know about other concerts, but at the TULSA concert...they especially ELEVATED  Non Ce' Piu
                    to an ecstatic state....it was one of the most stunning vocal presentations I had ever heard...
                    Actually, I had forgotten these lyrics...and their meaning. Now, I can see why it was so extra
                    beautiful..as a metaphor, or symbol of our lives flowing into the sea of eternity...Beautful * * *
You are absolutely right.  I did not expect them to sing that when I saw them in Tulsa, in fact, when I heard the intro I said to myself...uh oh...but it was even more spectacular that in Dallas.  Better than ever before.

""..People forget what you said, people forget what you did, but people will NEVER forget how you made them feel" __Maya Angelou
LRAinSAT

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 09:04AM »

Love this beautiful song!  I have always loved the song "Going Home" as played on bagpipe, and have always wanted that to be played at my funeral.  This is the same tune, and with such beautiful lyrics, that this may be my new choice - either way, it's still "Going Home" to me!   Smiley
Ben the piper
Bodhrán Player

There can be miracles, when you believe!

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 09:08AM »

Love this beautiful song!  I have always loved the song "Going Home" as played on bagpipe, and have always wanted that to be played at my funeral.  This is the same tune, and with such beautiful lyrics, that this may be my new choice - either way, it's still "Going Home" to me!   Smiley

I love "Going Home" played on the pipes too. Play it myself! Cheesy

Great translation by the way! Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: