Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Grace  (Read 8865 times)
smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

Celtic Woman is aMéaving! :D

« on: December 08, 2009, 09:42AM »

So..my whole family has been Christians since as far back as we all can remember, and we've always loved this song. I remember singing it in church when I was a little girl. This song has always touched me, and now that CW sings it, it makes me cry everytime I hear it. No words can describe how much I love their rendition of this song. Their voices blend so well together; the harmonies are amazing. I'm listening to it now, and tears are in my eyes. When I first watched the SFTH show and heard the news that they were singing this song, I couldn't believe it. I was so happy. This will always be one of my all time favorite songs, and now that CW sings it, I will never, ever forget it.

Dear Meav, you are my idol.
kjordon1 the Lisamaniac

She is beautiful to behold and pleasing to hear

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 06:25PM »

Yeah! I LOVE celtic woman's version of amazing grace. It's soooooo wonderful. And as a christian, it means a whole lot to me too.
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 06:53PM »

Oh my gosh, I completely agree with you!!!!!!!  When I first saw the promo video, I was sooo excited to hear the little sample of it and couldn't wait to hear the full song!!  It is absolutely beautiful.  I want to cry every time I hear it.  The bagpipes--bagpipes always get me with this song, I don't know why--are so wonderful, but the girls' voices, oh my gosh.  Their version is just that slightly different, and I couldn't love it more.  Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 07:05PM »

Amazing grace is AMAZING!!! LOL (I could not think of a better word haha!)

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 07:06PM »

It's an amazing song!
It's even touching to all those non-christians!

Colleen
Total Fanatic

Semper Fi

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 07:09PM »

To be honest, ever since I saw the first concert, I've wanted them to preform this song, and after hearing it, well it totally surpassed my expectations.

Thanks Mel!
mommagillespie3

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 09:32PM »

This is my first post so bear with me!  The version of Amazing Grace CW sings is simply wonderful!  The bagpipes add such powerful emotion to an already emotional song.  I have watched SFtH many times now and still have a hard time holding back tears during Amazing Grace and O' America (I'm getting better at it, though... Cheesy)!

P.S. The story behind the song is equally gripping and is a must read if you like history!!
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 11:21PM »

I LOVE Celtic Woman singing this song.  It has always brought me to tears, but having my favorite singing group EVER perform it makes it that much better!  I love the way they sing it.  I don't know how to describe it.  Its just...beautiful.   Smiley Smiley

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 08:54AM »

P.S. The story behind the song is equally gripping and is a must read if you like history!!

I always think of the movie Amazing Grace every time I here CW sing it. Why the song was written...... just wow. Smiley

SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 10:41AM »

This is my first post so bear with me!  The version of Amazing Grace CW sings is simply wonderful!  The bagpipes add such powerful emotion to an already emotional song.  I have watched SFtH many times now and still have a hard time holding back tears during Amazing Grace and O' America (I'm getting better at it, though... Cheesy)!

Welcome to the forum and you did fine with your first post!

I agree that CW's version of this beautiful song is very moving..add the bagpipes, and I'm a goner!!

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 11:54AM »

Welcome! Your first post was great. Hope you like it here Smiley

bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 02:05PM »

Here's what I said about the Ladies' rendition of Amazing Grace as expressed earlier in the month in the "Songs fron the Heart Review" Thread":

A particular highlight though was Amazing Grace.  I love this song, but, having heard it at several memorial services over the years (including a few following the World Trade Center attack), it evokes some bittersweet memories.  Nevertheless, I was looking forward to hearing the Ladies’ version.  I was not, however, ready for the incredibly powerful performance they delivered.  From the start with the bagpiper on the roof of the Powerscourt House to the rousing finale, I was in tears. 

P.S. for mommagillespie3 - Welcome Fellow Forumite!
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 06:48PM »

Now they should do How Great Thou Art! Does anyone know why they didn't include the last verse? I've even seen a verse after that in the new hymnal. Without that verse, it seems sort of incomplete...

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
kidrose

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 10:05PM »

When I was watching SFTH and the started with Amazing Grace, my jaw hit the floor.  It was absolutely incredible.  When the song built up, I thought cool they are going to do the last verse because the build up lent itself to it.   I was slightly disappointed that they did the refrain again, but never the less I was not too concerned about it because the ending harmonies just floored me.  Then I thought of something, maybe they will do the 4th verse on the tour, just like they added the never recorded second verse to The Sky, The Dawn and The Sun.  That would be so cool.

I can't wait until the new tour begins.   Smiley Wink
smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 10:15PM »

Me either! This time, they also added the second verse of YRMU, which I don't think they have ever recorded. I could be wrong though, please correct me if I am.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: