Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Grace  (Read 8863 times)
kidrose

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 10:34PM »

The second verse of YRMU is on the Greatest Journey CD.  Orlagh is singing with them for that one. 
smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

Celtic Woman is aMéaving! :D

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 10:40PM »

The second verse of YRMU is on the Greatest Journey CD.  Orlagh is singing with them for that one. 

Alright. Smiley

Dear Meav, you are my idol.
Jwad

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 10:45PM »

Hearing this song for the first time, I was in tears!  The beginning did me in!  To hear "Amazing Grace" on the bagpipe is just touching!!  Plus, to hear the girls sing it soooo completely beautiful is just..WOW.  I love this song with its simple melody and its simple words that mean so much to us all...and to hear what David Downes has done with it is amazing!  He is completely genious, and the girls sing this with such conviction.  Simply beautiful.

Thanks to Western_Rose for the fantastic banners!!! Cheesy
smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 10:47PM »

Hearing this song for the first time, I was in tears!  The beginning did me in!  To hear "Amazing Grace" on the bagpipe is just touching!!  Plus, to hear the girls sing it soooo completely beautiful is just..WOW.  I love this song with its simple melody and its simple words that mean so much to us all...and to hear what David Downes has done with it is amazing!  He is completely genious, and the girls sing this with such conviction.  Simply beautiful.

Well said. Smiley

Zo

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 07:10AM »

So..my whole family has been Christians since as far back as we all can remember, and we've always loved this song. I remember singing it in church when I was a little girl. This song has always touched me, and now that CW sings it, it makes me cry everytime I hear it. No words can describe how much I love their rendition of this song. Their voices blend so well together; the harmonies are amazing. I'm listening to it now, and tears are in my eyes. When I first watched the SFTH show and heard the news that they were singing this song, I couldn't believe it. I was so happy. This will always be one of my all time favorite songs, and now that CW sings it, I will never, ever forget it.

Wait until you hear it on the cd....it truely is Amazing  Smiley

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2009, 07:46AM »

Wait until you hear it on the cd....it truely is Amazing  Smiley
Yup, the harmonies are beautiful.  The best rendition of Amazing Grace I've ever heard!

Brad T

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 10:08AM »

I think this was one of the songs I was most looking forward to. After hearing Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, I kept asking myself, WHEN will they sing Amazing Grace? Now that they have, I simply can't wait to get the CD and DVD so I can play it a thousand times over!

David Downes, thanks for making my life perfect!
CWsenior
Total Fanatic

Me and my wonderful aunt

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 11:49PM »

OH MY LORD. I cant even get enough of this song, this is now my ALL time favorite song now from them and just in general. As everyone has said the girls have out done themselves and I agree with that 100 perecent.
The harmonies from chloe and alex are outstanding and when lynn joins in....everything is just perfect with this song. Smiley
Im a happy girl but I wont be satisfied until I see it performed live lol

~ashley~
smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 11:52PM »

OH MY LORD. I cant even get enough of this song, this is now my ALL time favorite song now from them and just in general. As everyone has said the girls have out done themselves and I agree with that 100 perecent.
The harmonies from chloe and alex are outstanding and when lynn joins in....everything is just perfect with this song. Smiley
Im a happy girl but I wont be satisfied until I see it performed live lol

TOTALLY agree with you!
As Dayna would say, it makes me very "giddy!!"
Hahaha love you Dayna!!

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2009, 11:56PM »

It's a song that's guranteed cold chills.

smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2009, 11:59PM »

It's a song that's guranteed cold chills.

Definitely. The bagpipes will get you every time!

Lanti SF
Honorary Roadie

Proudly diagnosed Celtaholic!

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 10:11AM »

Me either! This time, they also added the second verse of YRMU, which I don't think they have ever recorded. I could be wrong though, please correct me if I am.

I think they did record it *checks*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD8iAUSTgk8

It's from The Greatest Journey

Thanks Godshorsegirl!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: