Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another newbie!  (Read 18247 times)
Sheila in Oz

« on: July 12, 2007, 07:40AM »

hi everyone

I only "discovered" Celtic Woman by accident when googling a few months ago (I live in Australia), but I love them.  I immediately bought the Celtic Woman cd and will indeed be bying their second cd soon.

I hear they're coming over to Australia later this year.  I hope they come to Adelaide - a lot of artists bypass poor old Adelaide.  From what I've seen on the web, they sure put on an amazing show!

I am also eagerly looking forward to their music book being available later this year.  My daughter, Siobhan, is a singer and loves the CW arrangements of She Moved Through the Fair and You Raise Me Up.  Siobhan i(who is 13) s classically trained but sings celtic songs beautifully.  If anyone is interested, they can hear her sing "My Lagan Love" on http://www.siobhanowen.com (go to audio page).

Love Celtic Woman - love this forum!!

Sheila - Irish Liverpudlian now living in Australia
Proud mum of young celtic singer Siobhan http://www.siobhanowen.com
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 07:43AM »

ahh so thats the singer!  I thought at first maybe you were! Nice to meet you! Come by the chatroom and meet all the other forum members! They don't bite I promise!

And we don't cure your CW addiction, We Fuel It!  Cheesy

Welcome and make yourself a home!

Thanks Lindsey
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:03AM »

Sheila,

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
ferngully
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 08:53AM »

welcome sheila Cheesy
fireyred09
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 08:54AM »

More Australians!  Grin
I just love Australia... Welcome to the forum!!
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 11:14AM »

Welcome!  Grin

<33 Lauren

<3
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 11:43AM »

Welcome to the forum, Sheila!!

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
flags
Total Fanatic

I LOVE HAYLEY AND I CAN'T HELP IT!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 11:59AM »

hi everyone

I only "discovered" Celtic Woman by accident when googling a few months ago (I live in Australia), but I love them.  I immediately bought the Celtic Woman cd and will indeed be bying their second cd soon.

I hear they're coming over to Australia later this year.  I hope they come to Adelaide - a lot of artists bypass poor old Adelaide.  From what I've seen on the web, they sure put on an amazing show!

I am also eagerly looking forward to their music book being available later this year.  My daughter, Siobhan, is a singer and loves the CW arrangements of She Moved Through the Fair and You Raise Me Up.  Siobhan i(who is 13) s classically trained but sings celtic songs beautifully.  If anyone is interested, they can hear her sing "My Lagan Love" on http://www.siobhanowen.com (go to audio page).

Isn't the internet amazing? Here I sit in the midwest usa talking to people half way around the world.

HOW WILL I SURVIVE UNTIL THE NEXT TOUR ?
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 12:01PM »

It is Flags! Its utterly amazing!

Thanks Lindsey
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 12:08PM »

hi everyone

How wonderful your daughter sings!  I just booked my first voice lesson.  I'm an Irish Tenor!

Regards, and hope CW makes it to your area.  My older son and I saw them in Boston on June 8.  I'm still glowing.

FireGuyFrank
Siobhan
Total Fanatic

Everywhere you go, let your dreams surround you

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 12:10PM »

Welcome to the forum, Sheila!  May I say your daughter has a beautiful name (sadly, it is not my real name).  

Goodness, she sang Home in the Heartland!  She's got a gorgeous voice.  And I loved her costume.  Very reminiscent of LotR's Eowyn.

When you think of me
sing a heart-spun song
When it's over,
sing it once more.
When you dream of me
dream when I'll meet you
on that distant shore.
Wickster
Honorary Roadie

Class of 2011!

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 01:54PM »

Welcome!!!!!!

[dances around new member]

im wickie..the lively, Random, goof child of the group
dont worry..i tend to pull at peoples heart strings after a week
right family!

This is the looovely Cw Family!!

Wickiexxxx

"Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy."
-Fiona Shaw
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 01:57PM »

hi everyone

I gave the audio link a listen and it seems that your daughter has a bright future.  Coincidently, one of my son's name is Owen.
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 02:14PM »

Welcome Sheila! Smiley
CRRopes
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 03:36PM »

Welcome to the group! Don't be afraid if some of us seem a little "out there." They always give us our medications sooner or later. That means no hididng them under your tongue this time, Flip!  Shocked

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: