Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman town  (Read 34766 times)
AngusGibson

Ireland is calling me...

« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2009, 03:10PM »

(Spoofing Garrison Keillor's "Life These Days - Stories from Lake Wobegon")

Well, it's been a quiet week in Celtic Woman Town my hometown, out there on the edge of the prairie. It was a little warm here 2 weeks ago - a little warm for early December. It was in the twenties and the thirties, and so our snow had melted, and the oak trees still had leaves on them, which was quite amazing. People sat in the Celtic Cafe, and they talked about the weather as they always do, but then they actually had something to talk about - green grass in December. Dorothy of the Celtic Cafe had put a sign on the wall above the Lisa Special machine, which said:

Coffee - 50 cents
1 hour - 1 dollar
All morning - 2 dollars
All day - 3 dollars (You may go home for lunch and come back)
Ask about our weekly rates!

Last Saturday night, people in Celtic Woman Town ate supper on their porches and went outside after the sun went down in their shirt sleeves walked out under the full moon. A beautiful, beautiful, warm Fall night. And by Monday, they could feel the furnace going on beneath their feet, and in the evening they looked at the yard light, and in the triangle of light cast out by the yard light, they could see snow was falling. A beautiful moment for some of us, and for others a moment of almost sheer horror to see snow fall. Some of us feel that living in Celtic Woman Town is like being married to a beautiful woman, who it would take more than one lifetime to get to know – two or three, at least, and winter is just one of her most graceful attributes, and other people don’t take well to winter, and they feel like living in winter is like being stuck in a very bad marriage, and after a while they divorce Celtic Woman Town, and they look for someone else who is prettier…and warmer, and they send us back Christmas cards which are full of lies about how happy they are, and pictures of the beautiful ocean and the beautiful mountains, and we think to ourselves, “Just wait for that earthquake! Just wait for that hurricane, and we’ll see how they like it then!”

And they always come back. They drive up the road, pass by the Shanandoah River, they cross Main Street and turn on Caledonia Avenue which takes them to the eastern residential area, they buy back their houses and try to remain hidden for a while, but in a town such as this, we always know not to rub it in people’s faces. We just let them think about it for a while. We welcome them back with open arms in Danny Boy’s Pub and the Celtic Café, and in our schools like Mount Saint Meav’s School for Celtic Studies. We always love to see them again.

Thanks Lisaholic nr1!

Thanks Guardian of the Rose!
Old Guy

« Reply #106 on: November 24, 2009, 03:37PM »

Which one of the ladies is mayor?  Or are they a board of selectmen (or one could say "selectpersons")?

None of them. I'm afraid David is the mayor. Wink

Gary

They traveled across the angry sea in 1849
With all that they could carry
They traveled sick, they traveled blind
Their home, the starving island, just a photo in their mind
They buried the dead at sea, winter 1849

(1849 by The Elders)
Gail

« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2009, 12:06AM »

I LIKE IT ! ! ! !

The town's really grown ! ! !

(I've been away for awhile - REALLY busy - I HAVE to work toward getting my own business up and going; the work situation - for me, and others, isn't getting much better)  BUT, I haven't forgotten you all, that's why I "check in" at times.
Kyradriel

« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2009, 06:46PM »

There'd have to be a Starbucks though, you can't leave that out. Grin

Siew

Good Day, folks. ;)

« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2010, 02:08AM »

Posting in this again cause a bunch of us in chat where talking about!

"we are walking down the stree with our lisa lover shirts and we walk into the grocery store we get lots of compliments because everyone loves CW"!!!!!!

i suddenly run into the town mayor!!!!!!!

And we sing out loud at the ceili!! with dulaman salads. Wink

Jennifer
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2010, 07:12PM »

i am SO moving in. Cheesy
celticartzyangel
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2010, 07:30PM »

How about having the local phone service being "The Call"  Wink  Grin
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2010, 07:31PM »

then we can go the Ceili for a fun night!!!!

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2010, 01:52PM »

How bout everyone enjoys a Mariead and Lisa speical! Wink

Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2010, 01:59PM »

I want to Skidoo down the windy road to my little cottage next to Rachels  Cheesy

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #115 on: April 28, 2010, 02:00PM »

i want to go to caledonia and have a lisa special and listen to Orla sing to me

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2010, 02:01PM »

Mairead:"your friends seem nice"   "they are, very sweet...just like you"    "awwwwww."gets kiss....

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2010, 07:20PM »

oooh!  cw sounds awesome!  I'd move in!  Just tell me when LOL! AndIt sound like it has everything!  Sailing away by the sea, you can meat somebody at the ceili, A place to get a  Lisa special (my fav!), wind roads and dulaman salads! perfecto! and just for fun the devlopment I go through for work is half british name and half Irish! The developments called waterford and the streets are named after counties in Ireland ... Kerry, Donegal (keith harkins song, first thing i thought of), colleen and I forgot the other ones there are soo many! 

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
lisakellyfan
Bodhrán Player

Class of 2011! Southeastern Bound!

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2010, 03:17PM »

LOL!!!!! IM MOVING IN!!!!

Broadway Baby
Honorary Roadie

Sometime I think, I glimpse eternity <3

« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2010, 06:09PM »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I'd TOTALLY movie in!!!! XDD LKS's and Mairead pixie stix every day, CW songs playing on shuffle ALL around town, us all breaking out in CW songs to everything! And everything ALL Irish/CW ALL the time!!!!!

Lindsey<3

LISA KELLY=<3
My fearsome five and forum family, thank you for everything!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: