Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas DVD version of 'Panis Angelicus'  (Read 14579 times)
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« on: December 13, 2009, 12:39PM »

I finally watched 'A Christmas Celebration' DVD, and I noticed alot of changes from the CD.
My favorite difference, was the arrangement of Panis Angelicus. The laid back beautiful guitar sound was one of my favorite parts of the whole DVD!
I normally don't care for the song as much, but that arrangement was just BEAUTIFUL!

Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 10:03PM »

I think that arrangement is my favorite. I love the classical guitar and the string quartet together. Soooo pretty! Smiley

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 10:14PM »

I agree! It's amazing!
I wish that version was on the CD.

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:17PM »

Do you know if they originally planned on doing a Christmas DVD? You'd think that they might only do the CD. Also, when was it recorded?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 10:19PM »

Do you know if they originally planned on doing a Christmas DVD? You'd think that they might only do the CD. Also, when was it recorded?
I don't think the DVD was originally planned, because I remember someone saying they decided to do the DVD after positive reactions from the ANJ DVD. And I think they recorded it in July, because I remember Órla saying she thought others might think she was crazy for singing Christmas carols in July, after she got into the holiday mood from the recording. I don't remember exactly where I heard them from, but I think it might've been in the "journey so far" documentary on the Greatest Journey DVD, though it could've been from somewhere else.
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 10:46PM »

I don't think the DVD was originally planned, because I remember someone saying they decided to do the DVD after positive reactions from the ANJ DVD. And I think they recorded it in July, because I remember Órla saying she thought others might think she was crazy for singing Christmas carols in July, after she got into the holiday mood from the recording. I don't remember exactly where I heard them from, but I think it might've been in the "journey so far" documentary on the Greatest Journey DVD, though it could've been from somewhere else.

Yup, you're right!  It's in TGJ documentary!  Both she and Lisa talk about singing Christmas carols in July and people laughing at them.  Orla says something about texting her family "Merry Christmas" and they all thought she was crazy!   Cheesy Cheesy

This song has really grown on me.  It's beautiful!  O/T, did anyone notice the woman with the really curly hair playing the cello is in SFTH (now with blond hair!!)?   Grin Grin

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 10:58PM »

Yup, you're right!  It's in TGJ documentary!  Both she and Lisa talk about singing Christmas carols in July and people laughing at them.  Orla says something about texting her family "Merry Christmas" and they all thought she was crazy!   Cheesy Cheesy

This song has really grown on me.  It's beautiful!  O/T, did anyone notice the woman with the really curly hair playing the cello is in SFTH (now with blond hair!!)?   Grin Grin
Yay! I remembered correctly! Grin

I recognized the cello player! I tried to look for other members of the orchestra from previous DVDs but she was the only one.
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 12:40PM »

[/quote]

It was done on 2 nights on July 17 & 18 2007. What you see on dvd is on July 18.
It was planned after the ANJ tour of May 2007. Posted on CW site near the end of May to requests tickets.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:38PM by Shywolf(Craig) » Logged
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 07:01PM »

Yes I did notice!  Grin

The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 09:32PM »

did anyone notice the woman with the really curly hair playing the cello is in SFTH (now with blond hair!!)?   Grin Grin
[/quote]

I was watching one of the SFTH videos and I spotted her.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 12:35PM »

did anyone notice the woman with the really curly hair playing the cello is in SFTH (now with blond hair!!)?   Grin Grin

I was watching one of the SFTH videos and I spotted her.
[/quote]

Yep she was also played for the ACC performance.
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 06:13PM »

I absolutely love Chloe's original version of Panis Angelicus, but I so agree about the new arrangement!  It was so beautiful!!!  Wish they recorded that!

Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 03:11PM »

For me there is something to like about both versions. I think Chloe herself does a more lovely rendition of this in the Christmas DVD but I think the cellist in the ANJ version was such an awesome musician.

Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2012, 03:49PM »

For me there is something to like about both versions. I think Chloe herself does a more lovely rendition of this in the Christmas DVD but I think the cellist in the ANJ version was such an awesome musician.

I so agree!

mattycakes
Honorary Roadie

Oh you have made me very angry, very angry indeed!

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 10:48AM »

I preferred the cellist from ACC cuz he looked like Severus Snape and that makes me smile!  Wink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: