Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite CW Christmas Song  (Read 31903 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: December 14, 2009, 06:19PM »

Okay, just say what your favorite song from either the Christmas CD or DVD is. Mine is a tie between O Holy Night and Green the Whole Year Round. Also, should this topic be here or under the CW subforum?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:22PM »

CHRISTMAS PIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specifically Lisa's parts. Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 06:28PM »

If I have to choose one, its Christmas Pipes!  I just love it!!!!!!  But I also love their version of Let it Snow!!!!!!!  Its just so much fun to listen to!!!!!  I love singing along and getting into it!  Grin Grin

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:33PM »

CHRISTMAS PIPES!

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
carl

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:41PM »

Christmas Pipes
LISAFAN4EVER
Choir Member

Lisa's my hero!

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 07:18PM »

"O Holy Night".......I love Lisa's vocals on this. Maybe I should pick "The First Noel". "Christmas Pipes" also deserves to be chosen.. Like a Lay's potato chip -- can't stop at one!

CWPride

LYNN AND LISA ROX MY SOX!!!! :)

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 07:59PM »

My all time favorite is O Holy Night. When Lisa says" fall on your knees" I just collape on my knees.lol I like Christmas Pipes and Lisa's version of The Christmas Song is simply to die for.Smiley

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
leighlam
Featured Soloist

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 08:20PM »

O Holy Night, The First Noel, and Christmas Pipes Smiley
Like all of their CDs and DVDs, it's hard to choose just a few though!

CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 08:38PM »

The Christmas Song

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 08:41PM »

I'm caught between The First Noel--goodness, this has to be one of the most beautiful Christmas Carols after written; I get chills everytime I listen to it--and O' Come All Ye Faithful (from the DVD).  That part where the entire choir comes in at the Finale is just STUNNING!!

But I do love them all. Cheesy
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 08:48PM »

Very difficult to decide, but I'll say Christmas Pipes just because of how many performers are in it.

The whistle intro reminds me of Scarborough Fair, so whenever CP starts I always think to myself, "SF is in ACC?" and then the songs keeps playing and I'm all, "oh, right, CP" They're trying to trick me!  Cheesy
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 08:49PM »

Ahhhh, I could never pick a favorite!!! But, Christmas Pipes is definitely one of my new favorite Christmas Songs.  I love their version of White Christmas--it's absolutely gorgeous.  As Kris said, Let It Snow is just awesome ("You tell 'em Lise" and "Let it snow" by Mairead are great!!!!)!!!!!  And, oh my gosh, Carol of the Bells!!!!!  Meav's high parts (Dayna's fav!!) and just the whole song is awesome!!!  I wish that was the version on the CD, but just being able to hear Mairead's part on the CD is great.  And, the way that Lisa sings The Christmas Song, I just love it.  Ok, I'm going to stop here, because before ya know it, I will have listed every song!!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 09:53PM »

And, oh my gosh, Carol of the Bells!!!!!  Meav's high parts (Dayna's fav!!) and just the whole song is awesome!!!  I wish that was the version on the CD, but just being able to hear Mairead's part on the CD is great.
In case you didn't know, the group version of Carol of the Bells is on the A Celtic Family Christmas EP. I have both versions and they are both must-haves, but I'm sure you know that already! Smiley
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 09:55PM »

The whistle intro reminds me of Scarborough Fair, so whenever CP starts I always think to myself, "SF is in ACC?" and then the songs keeps playing and I'm all, "oh, right, CP" They're trying to trick me!  Cheesy

AHHHHHHH!!!  Kath and I thought the exact same thing the first time we heard it!  I was like, "Whoa!  What in the world? Scarborough Fair?"  hahahaha!  But I love it!  Christmas Pipes is just beautiful!

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Chris

Why do they speak so selfishly?

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 09:55PM »

I like "That Night in Bethlehem"; anytime Chloe sings Gaelic is awesome. "The First Noel", "O Holy Night", "Carol of the Bells", "Ding Dong Merrily On High" annnd "Christmas Pipes".

Loud voices raised in anger, speak harsh words, such cruel words.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: