Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite CW Christmas Song  (Read 31823 times)
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 10:17PM »

But, I usually catch myself singing Silent Night and That Night in Bethlehem...not the actual words in Gaelic, but I do like imitating the sounds, so I try to pronounce everything as best as I can (kinda like with Dulaman! Cheesy) Little Drummer Boy is also a big favorite of mine; I looooooove the choir chant intro in the beginning! I get absolute chills!  Cheesy

Me tooooo!!  I try really hard.  I have no clue what they are saying, but I try my best to make it sound kind of like what they are singing!!!  haha  Annnnnnnnd, I loooooooooooooove the beginning of Little Drummer Boy.  Cold chills anyone?!?!  Its just awesome!  And I love the combo of Orlagh and Chloe.   Cheesy Cheesy

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 10:27PM »

But, I usually catch myself singing Silent Night and That Night in Bethlehem...not the actual words in Gaelic, but I do like imitating the sounds, so I try to pronounce everything as best as I can (kinda like with Dulaman! Cheesy) Little Drummer Boy is also a big favorite of mine; I looooooove the choir chant intro in the beginning! I get absolute chills!  Cheesy

Me tooooo!!  I try really hard.  I have no clue what they are saying, but I try my best to make it sound kind of like what they are singing!!!  haha  Annnnnnnnd, I loooooooooooooove the beginning of Little Drummer Boy.  Cold chills anyone?!?!  Its just awesome!  And I love the combo of Orlagh and Chloe.   Cheesy Cheesy

You know what helps (for me anyways, lol! Cheesy ) watching the DVD with the captions on it! Cheesy I'm sort of getting the idea what everything sounds like (but I'm definitely no where near understanding how to memorize the actual words! lol!) I'm getting the opposite effect I had when I searched the lyrics for Dulaman, lol! I had to learn that song all by ear and I still get a little mixed up sometimes!  Embarrassed  Smiley Ah well, I'll get it down hopefully before Christmas! That way, I'll know my first Christmas song in another language other than the chorus of "Feliz Navidad!" Roll Eyes

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 10:33PM »

Yes!  Kath and I do that too!  We turn on the subtitles and trrrrrrrrry to learn!!!  We haven't done it for the Christmas DVD yet.  We really should....

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2009, 12:40AM »

One song I really love is Let it Snow.
I just loved how different and fun it was.
It poved that they can do anything!

Same here!!!!!!!  That song is awesome!!  Way back in June, when we first became fans, we were searching them on youtube (I think we may have been unaware that they had a Christmas CD and DVD at the time), and Kris found Let it Snow.  We watched it and absolutely freaked.  It was awesome!!!!  We waited for our mom to get home from work to show her and she loved it, too.  We just thought it was so different but totally them at the same time!  Every time it comes on, Kris and I dance to it!!  We do all the moves and just love it!!!   Grin
When I first heard Let it Snow, it was on the CD, and as each of the girls did their solos at the beginning I was thinking to myself, "Is that Chloë? It doesn't sound like her but it doesn't sound like anyone else, either...Is that Lisa? It doesn't sound like her but it doesn't sound like anyone else, either" and the same for Méav and Órla. It was amazingly different in the best kind of way! I especially like how they added the brass and sax sections.
KelticKraze

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 08:39AM »

Christmas Pipes- The DVD has good shots of Helen singing.

On Let It Snow close to the end I like when Chloe say's you tell 'em Lis. But who whispers let it snow at the very end?

KC
MaryNorth93
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 08:41AM »

As solo The Wexford Carol and as ensemble In The Bleak Midwinter/The First Noël  Cheesy
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 12:10PM »

On Let It Snow close to the end I like when Chloe say's you tell 'em Lis. But who whispers let it snow at the very end?
That would be Máiréad. In an interview I saw, David said he had all the girls perform that bit in the studio, but Máiréad did it the best so that's the one he used. I like it, as it's Máiréad's only vocal part on all the CDs.
Gambit

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 12:15PM »

O Holy Night and Christmas Pipes.

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
btimerson
CWF Global Moderator
Total Fanatic

Made it to ForumFest 2012 in Chicago!

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2009, 01:09PM »

Christmas Pipes and O Holy Night.

Brad T

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2009, 01:39PM »

That would be Máiréad. In an interview I saw, David said he had all the girls perform that bit in the studio, but Máiréad did it the best so that's the one he used. I like it, as it's Máiréad's only vocal part on all the CDs.

Haha!  I love on TGJ documentary, David is being interviewed, and he said that he was talking to Mairead and asked her something to the effect of, "Why don't you speak?"  LOL!!

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 03:44PM »

Haha!  I love on TGJ documentary, David is being interviewed, and he said that he was talking to Mairead and asked her something to the effect of, "Why don't you speak?"  LOL!!
I don't remember that part. I guess that means I'll just have to watch it again! Wink
Tiffany Gray
Honorary Roadie

I love Celtic Woman and soft sweaters.

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2010, 09:49PM »

O Holy Night, The First Noel, and Christmas Pipes Smiley

All three of those plus "O Come All Ye Faithful!!!"

CWforlife

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2010, 02:52PM »

Well, The First Noel has been a really big inspiration for me, so that's definitely one of my favorites with Ding Dong Merrily on High, Carol of the Bells, O Come All Ye Faithful, Christmas Pipes, and Don Oiche Ud I MBeithil. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 02:55PM by CWforlife » Logged
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 04:46PM »

For me it is very difficult to decide so I will put down a top 5.  Meav's "Wexford Carol"  Lisa's  The Christmas Song"   "O Come All Ye Faithful"  "O Holy Night" and Meav's "Silent Night".

lynnhillaryfan
Total Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 01:57PM »

I love Green the Whole Year Round, Christmas Pipes, Ding Dong Merrily on High, and Let it Snow!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: