Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello CW Forum!  (Read 10114 times)
Mr. Mistoffelees

« on: July 16, 2007, 01:44AM »

Hi all! This is Andy from southern germany writing today, i'd like to introduce myself to this forum *waves*. I hope i am doing okay with my english since i am not a native speaker - but... "i'll do my very best" Wink

How i found out about Celtic Woman:

I adore Hayley Westenra's music since a few years already and must admit i've only found out about CW because of her. In Germany you sadly don't hear much about the girls or even worse: the whole segment of modern classics is really underrepresented in the media over here. I have the feeling as if someone presses his finger on this branch of music somehow. I've found out about Hayley (for example) only on a trip to australia and am still ordering all CDs in Britain because you often get them in germany months later only - if at all.

Well a couple of months ago i've noticed that CW will be on TV with their show at Slane Castle, it caught my eye because i knew that Hayley was singing with them. So i recorded the show because - of course - it was broadcasted in the middle of the night... Roll Eyes
When i watched the record the other day i expected to see a nice show and get a glimpse of Hayley. Then i suddenly started flying when the girls caught me with their music. It was as if suddenly i've discovered a little piece of myself that was always there but never had a way to express itself so far (in 32 years...). I instantly fell in love with the music, the girls, the show... everything. They drove through my soul like a whirlwind and somehow touched something hidden deep within. I am not ashamed to admit that i had tears in my eyes. I watched it a second time and a third in the evening together with my wife who liked it alot as well, then i ordered the DVD and all CDs i was able to find on *a big online distributor* Smiley

Long story short: since that day CW has managed to capture and secure a very high rank in my personal musiccharts and i'd go as far as to say that i cannot imagine living without their music anymore. It gives me hope, peace and brings back a certain purity to my life.

Thank you, Celtic Women and of course: thank you David! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 01:57AM by Mr. Mistoffelees » Logged

The greatest magicians
have something to learn
from Mr. Mistoffelees'
Conjuring Turn!

T.S. Elliot, Old Possum's Book of practical cats
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 04:40AM »

Andy, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to our forum.  We have a small but growing German contingent here already, and we're delighted to greet another fan from your beautiful country.

By the way - your English is excellent.  It's better than - well, let's just say it's excellent.  Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
ferngully
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 07:34AM »

welcome! love your username, very original Tongue
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:51AM »

Not a fan of cats are you!  Smiley

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Mr. Mistoffelees

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 07:53AM »

Not a fan of cats are you!  Smiley

oops - you caught me  Cheesy

The greatest magicians
have something to learn
from Mr. Mistoffelees'
Conjuring Turn!

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 10:22AM »

Was there ever a cat so clever as magical Mr.Mistoffelees!   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 10:35AM »

Welcome!  I enjoyed reading your post, and was very moved.  You described your feelings while watching CW for the first time beautifully. You will find a lot of kindred spirits here!   Smiley

I'm also a big fan of Cats after I saw the musical in London in 1993.  Mr. Mistoffelees is one of my favorite songs.  It always puts me in a good mood.  "And not long ago, this phenomenal cat produced seven kittens right out of a hat!"

Again welcome to the CW forum family!   Grin  

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
jillebeans
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 10:40AM »

Welcome to the family Andy!! You are going to enjoy it here. It is amazing how CW has touched us all. This is the place to be.SmileySmiley

Robynski
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 10:52AM »

Hi Andy and welcome you did just fine Smiley So glad you love CW. Check out their tour dates, I believe they'll be in Germany from October 6 to 9.

Robynski
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 11:27AM »

Welcome to the forum Andy!  Celtic Woman is so good at touching us deeply, aren't they?  We all love them dearly here, and it's obvious you'll fit right in.  I hope to see you post often, your posts have great detail.  Welcome to the CW Forum family!

Kelli

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 02:27PM »

Well said Kelli!! :-D

<3 Lauren

<3
Mr. Mistoffelees

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 11:22PM »

Check out their tour dates, I believe they'll be in Germany from October 6 to 9.

Yes indeed they are! The are even coming to Stuttgart which is merely a 30 minutes drive from where i live. When i found out a few weeks ago i almost started a medium sized rebellion because this is exactly the week where we'll be on vacation which is booked since a couple of months already... i've sadly not the slightest chance to attend any of the concerts in germany this year!  Cry

Oh well... I guess i'll have to fly to Ireland someday Smiley

The greatest magicians
have something to learn
from Mr. Mistoffelees'
Conjuring Turn!

Robynski
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 08:42AM »

aaaahhhhhh, that's too bad Andy,  Cry....maybe you can book vacation around their tour next year (assuming they'll be on tour again) to the States or Canada even Smiley
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 09:59AM »

Robynski! They will be touring the US, 2008~

Cheesy  " 2008, We Can't Wait!"

Grin

<3 Lauren

<3
JEdwards
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 09:44PM »

I am not ashamed to admit that i had tears in my eyes.

Been there, done that!  Grin  (more times than I can count since Dec. 2006, when good fortune and fate smiled on me and brought these lovely creatues my way!)  One man to another, all I can say is welcome to the club and welcome to the forum.  So glad you found us. Hope you'll feel at home here (I'm sure you will!) Thank you for sharing your beautiful story.

John
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: