Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Celtic Woman changed the music you listen to?  (Read 6993 times)
celticfan1973
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:15AM »

Well before Celtic Woman, I use to listen to groups Depeche Mode, Erasure, Thompson Twins, The Cure, and others in that same genre. I also listened to alot of Enya, and loved the Riverdance CD, and DVD. I still listen that kind of music just not as much. Celtic Woman has opened a whole new world of music to me. I have found a new love in Irish, and Celtic music. I have came across some amazing Bands, and Artist. Clannad, The Chieftain, Altan, Cherish the Ladies, Solas, Gaelic Storm, Afro Celt Sound System, Moya Brennan, and so many others it would be hard to list them all.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:18AM by Celtic~Fan~73 » Logged
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 10:24AM »

Actually, not really.  I wasn't really a fan of "mainstream music"--I've always loved the "softer" genres like Loreena McKennitt, Enya, David Arkenstone, Moya Brennan, 2002, etc.  Celtic Woman was just the best one I've heard. Cheesy  And yes, it did introduce me to more artists...like Cara Dillon for instance. Cheesy
CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 10:34AM »

Well, now Celtic Woman is about the only music I listen to.  Cheesy Cheesy  I don't really feel the need to listen to anything else, unless I'm in the car with my brother who gets so annoyed with Kath and I when we listen to Celtic Woman.  haha  I do listen to the radio once in a while....but as The White~Rose said, it hasn't totally changed what I've listened to.  If I choose to listen to other music, I tend to go back to music I used to listen to before Celtic Woman.  Grin

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 10:46AM »

Sure. It banned groups as Within Temptation and Evanescence forever out my life. Can't imagen I've ever liked those groups  Shocked I listened to the 'softer' music already though, I'm very big fan of Loreena Mckennit and Enya and also good oldie ones as Phill Collins and Tina Turner  Cheesy
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 11:09AM »

You mean there's other music???
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 11:33AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Seems that way now!  As Kris said, I really don't listen to anything else now.  I don't feel the need to!  Smiley But, if I do listen to other music, it's the artists (well, more like scores, because I do LOVE soundtracks) I already liked before I knew of Celtic Woman. 

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Jason

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 11:35AM »

There sure is!

I still listen to all the same music I did before discovering CW... Actually, I probably listen to a wider variety of stuff now.

CWPride

LYNN AND LISA ROX MY SOX!!!! :)

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 12:18PM »

I still listen to the music I used to listen to but a whole lot less. lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 12:32PM »

I still listen to rock,metal, pop, classical, country Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 12:36PM »

Ditto!!!!   Cheesy Cheesy

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
CWPride

LYNN AND LISA ROX MY SOX!!!! :)

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 01:24PM »

haha cool  Grin

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 01:40PM »

I agree with Katharine

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Kaneyoshi

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 02:18PM »

I think so a little. I listen to a bigger range of music now. To Celtic Woman I found over Celtic music.

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 02:56PM »

Well, now Celtic Woman is about the only music I listen to.  Cheesy Cheesy  I don't really feel the need to listen to anything else, unless I'm in the car with my brother who gets so annoyed with Kath and I when we listen to Celtic Woman.  haha  I do listen to the radio once in a while....but as The White~Rose said, it hasn't totally changed what I've listened to.  If I choose to listen to other music, I tend to go back to music I used to listen to before Celtic Woman.  Grin
 I know seriously me to!  I even have all there single songs from there solo c's too!  I also like the versions they do to the songs, kinda expected now w/ the christmas songs on the radion they cover too!  I am like ooh cw did that song I like the girls versions better thats why I listen to them!  But I havent really changed what I listen too!   I am like chloe I still listen to about everything on the radion there is to listen too!  I just listen to more Irish music like enya and celtic thunder and now that I play piano, via insparation of Lisa kelly and classical due to orla lynn and chloe !  I listen to more classical and piano music to that I never listened to before the girls were on pbs!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 11:32PM »

I still listen to some artists I listened to before I discovered CW (though not as much as before) and there are others who I don't listen to anymore. Because of CW I watch more concerts on PBS, so I would definitely say they changed my taste in music, especially Máiréad. Before Máiréad I didn't really care for the sound of the violin. Never hated it, just didn't care for it. But after watching and listening to Máiréad, I absolutely love it, whether I'm listening to Máiréad or somebody else.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: