Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O "Wonderful" Night!!!! =)  (Read 8880 times)
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« on: December 15, 2009, 07:39PM »

So, my night was made tonight. 

Our brother had his ring ceremony, and Kris, me, our mom, and our dad went.  As soon as we walked into the lobby, what do we hear but O Holy Night.  Meav!!!!!!!!!!  Kris, me, and our mom all looked at each other, and Kris and I started freaking out!!  As soon as we walked into the room where the ceremony was going to be held, the music was cut off, but we still were ecstatic!  Kris and I had to sit in a separate section from our parents since they were presenting our brother his ring.  We went and sat down and waited for the ceremony to start.  I texted Elizabeth to let her know what had happened, and Kris texted Chris.  Haha! 

The ceremony began and at the beginning, they had a slide show of pictures of the students who were going to get their rings.  What do they start playing at the beginning of the slide show but Carol of the Bells!!!!  Kris and I freaked out!!!!!!  We looked at each other, and both said, "Mairead!!"  We would have screamed it, but that would have been rude.  Cheesy  Then, it went into Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.  When that was over, they replayed it and then had to cut it off at the end of the slide show.  We could not believe it.  The night could not get any better, or could it...

Before the rings were presented, the chorus performed.  They had them walk up onto the stage, and then the music started.  Guess what?  Another freak out, because guess what they sang?  The Prayer!!!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!   They sounded good, but let's just say we both could hear Chloe in our heads.   Smiley

So, the ceremony was finally going to start, and as the first student walked up, they started the CD! O Holy Night again!!!!!!  Then they skipped over Away In A Manger ( Sad), but then they played Ding Dong Merrily on High, Silent Night, The Christmas Song, Carol of the Bells, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, O Come All Ye Faithful, The Little Drummer, started to play Wexford Carol, but skipped it, and then they also skipped Let it Snow and went back to O Holy Night.  We didn't think they'd play Let It Snow because it was kind of too upbeat for that ceremony.  Buuuuuut, they surprised us and they played it!!!!!!!  Kris says she heard some giggles when Chloe said, "You tell 'em Lise!" 

After the ceremony was over, they played the whole CD during the reception.  Kris and I asked our brother if he knew who had been in charge of the music, and he told us it was the teacher who had been over the Ring Ceremony (he was on the Ring Staff).  We told our mom we just wanted to run up to her and hug her because she just made our night.  We are from a very small Southern town, and seriously, you can probably count the number of real Celtic Woman fans from here on one hand.  Well, our mom was like, "Let's go tell her!"  So, we went and found her and our mom told her how happy she had made us.  Then Kris and I chimed in and told her what HUGE fans we are (haha, we didn't use the word obsessed, but I'm sure she could tell).  We were grinning from ear to ear, and she told us that she loved their Christmas CD because of the violin and the harmonies.  I don't think she really knows Celtic Woman too much, I think she just has the Christmas CD.  But, we told her how we became fans and about our concert in October and that we were front row and got to meet Lisa and Lynn.  Then, we told her we were going again in February.  She asked us where the concert is going to be and when.  I chimed in and said the tickets just went on sale yesterday!!!  She said, "Oh, Valentine's Day, that might be a good gift.  I might have to tell my husband about that."  I told her they were on ticketmaster.  I like to think she'll go, but we'll have to see!!!

So, we just wanted to share our wonderful night with you guys!!!!!!   Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 07:46PM »

How cool is that?!! sounds like everyone got a big dose of CW!!!! Cheesy

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 07:47PM »

How cool is that?!! sounds like everyone got a big dose of CW!!!! Cheesy

Seriously!  The night couldn't have gotten any better!!!  Unfortunately, I'm sure that 99% of the people in that room had no idea who they were besides me, Kris, our brother, mom and dad, and the woman who had the CD!!!

smiley_redhead
Honorary Roadie

Celtic Woman is aMéaving! :D

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 07:48PM »

That's so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha what a coincidence?!?! Hahaha! Cheesy Smiley Cheesy Smiley

Dear Meav, you are my idol.
Chris

Why do they speak so selfishly?

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 08:01PM »

Whoa, that's awesome. No wonder both of you were freaking out. XD

Loud voices raised in anger, speak harsh words, such cruel words.
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 08:03PM »

Haha!  Exactly!  The lady next to me probably thought we were weird because she had no idea what we were freaking out about!!!!   Cheesy Cheesy

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 08:06PM »

I was literally shaking!  I felt like I was back at my concert. Except, they weren't standing right there in front of me.  Ha!  I was so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 08:07PM »

Gosh, I don't think I would've been able to contain my excitement like you guys did!! ^o^ That's SO COOL! Cheesy

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 08:12PM »

That is so amazing!!!!!!! I would've freaked out!

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 08:13PM »

Believe me Rain and Elizabeth--we were soooo freaking out!!!!  To the point where we were kind of tearing up!!!  It just was so weird because I never expected to hear that music somewhere else besides our house or car (or concert, lol) in a hundred years--especially here in SC!!!!

dMs827LK
Bodhrán Player

I've met LisaK, Lynn, & Mairead!!! :D:D:D

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 08:39PM »

Grin <<-- 'nough said!!! Cheesy

I met LISA K. AND LYNN AND MAIREAD!!! ....yeah!!!! Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 08:51PM »

I would be sitting there and talking to anyone who walked by or even looked at me, and be like "Do you know who sings this??"........ And probably not stop talking till they walked away! LOL Cheesy

BrianH_2009
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 04:37AM »

Sure do!  Wonderful story Katharine! Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 04:40AM by BrianH » Logged
DirtyDiamond
Bodhrán Player

Let me tell you that I love you...

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 04:45AM »

Haha, that's so awesome!!! Cheesy Cheesy

shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 09:20AM »

Wink Awesome  beyound words....incredible...talk about "music to your ears"..and we will have more and more experiences like this....! ! !!  We do not suffer from OCCWD...we enjoy it..!!! and that night is a perfect example...what is a ring ceremony?Huh

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: