Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Outragous CW Song Suggestions  (Read 8434 times)
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« on: December 18, 2009, 05:59PM »

Are there any songs that you think that CW could sing, but probably shouldn't, because it isn't their style? What do you think about these?

Final Boss Music of FFVII (Mairead and choir)
Spaceballs (all)
The Longest Time (all singers)
Goodnight Saigon (Lisa, with David on the piano)
Carry On My Wayward Son (Alex)
Thank You God, for This Day (Lynn)
Man, I Feel Like a Woman (Chloe)

These probably should never be sung by Celtic Woman, should they?

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:46PM »

Trio - Da Da Da!!!

Axel

JRRacing64
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 09:02PM »

It definitely would be interesting to say the least if they did.

1: Final Boss Music of FFVII - 7 minutes of moving and dancing while playing the fiddle sounds like it would be a marathon for Mairead.
2: Spaceballs - CW singing 80's music? Not sure it would mix but I'd give it a listen. Great movie btw! Grin
3: The Longest Time - I think if David arranged it to something more slower/ classical. Also I could imagine Alex or Lisa singing this as well, it would be fantastic!
4: Goodnight Saigon - I like the melody, But I don't think Lisa would sing something with lyrics that have to do with war.
5: Carry On My Wayward Son - I like this song actually and if done right could work. I can definitely see Nick and Ray rockin out to this, lol
6: Thank You God, for This Day - Are you talking about the song "I Thank You God For Most This Amazing Day? I can see lynn singing this. It almost sounds like something from Anuna.
7: Man, I Feel Like a Woman - I could actually see Chloe singing this song. She has mentioned she's a total "rock chick" She could have some fun with this Grin
8: Trio - Da Da Da - It was kinda funny I was thinking this would be a good idea if Mairead replaced the lyrics with the fiddle and Ray joined in with the drums. It could work? Just a thought, lol Grin

The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 03:28PM »

It definitely would be interesting to say the least if they did.

1: Final Boss Music of FFVII - 7 minutes of moving and dancing while playing the fiddle sounds like it would be a marathon for Mairead.
2: Spaceballs - CW singing 80's music? Not sure it would mix but I'd give it a listen. Great movie btw! Grin
3: The Longest Time - I think if David arranged it to something more slower/ classical. Also I could imagine Alex or Lisa singing this as well, it would be fantastic!
4: Goodnight Saigon - I like the melody, But I don't think Lisa would sing something with lyrics that have to do with war.
5: Carry On My Wayward Son - I like this song actually and if done right could work. I can definitely see Nick and Ray rockin out to this, lol
6: Thank You God, for This Day - Are you talking about the song "I Thank You God For Most This Amazing Day? I can see lynn singing this. It almost sounds like something from Anuna.
7: Man, I Feel Like a Woman - I could actually see Chloe singing this song. She has mentioned she's a total "rock chick" She could have some fun with this Grin
8: Trio - Da Da Da - It was kinda funny I was thinking this would be a good idea if Mairead replaced the lyrics with the fiddle and Ray joined in with the drums. It could work? Just a thought, lol Grin

Okay, here is my response.

#1 It might be a bit shorter than what you have, but it's Mairead! She can do crazy things like that. I wonder if she has ever run a marathon.

2. Spaceballs probably isn't their style, none of these are. I just thought I'd post some ideas that will probably never been seen.

3. It could work, but I'm not sure.

4. Not really sure what else I could have put as a Lisa song, so I went with this one.

5. Just wishful thinking, but that won't happen either, I don't think.

6. This is a song from VeggieTales. It is featured in Madam Blueberry and some of the lyrics might have to be changed.

7. I thought it was outragous because over half of all Chloe songs are Christian. It seems more like a sinful song to me.

8. I never heard this song before, so I don't know how it would sound.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 04:39PM »

I was in the car and Black Eyed Peas came on...I imagined the girls singing it....it was really funny

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 09:28PM »

8. I never heard this song before, so I don't know how it would sound.

Be happy - you missed NOTHING!!!
This song is ... ... the worst song I've ever heard and I'm almost sure that this will last forever!

Axel

beckyw

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 10:39AM »

Thats funny Axel.  I've never heard it but that's funny.  Cheesy

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 11:37AM »

CW singing 80's music? Not sure it would mix but I'd give it a listen.

I thought of a good 80s song the other day for CW - Heaven is a place on Earth  by Belinda Carlisle  I think its perfect for Alex.

anyway onto bad songs for CW....

any AC/DC. Back in Black, Dirty Deads Done Dirt Cheap, etc.  Just aint CW.

Dio's The Last in Line

Queen's Another One Bites the Dust

Theme song from All in the Family

Guns & Roses Welcome to the Jungle

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 01:52PM »

I really hope no one will shoot me for this one, but I've had a guilty desire to hear Mairead play The Devil Went Down to Georgia for a while. Cheesy  I honestly think she'd be fantastic for this.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 02:43PM »

I think it would be interesting if CW did some Celine Dion songs like 'Because You Loved me', but this is more the extreme variant of pop, LOL  Grin Don't think it would really work, unless David could find a good way to make it celtic  Cheesy
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 03:01PM »

I really really want David to do "To Love You More" from Celine it would be great duet for Lisa and Mairead

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 03:54PM »

I really hope no one will shoot me for this one, but I've had a guilty desire to hear Mairead play The Devil Went Down to Georgia for a while. Cheesy  I honestly think she'd be fantastic for this.
YES....that was brought up before, in a post LONG ago....

The devil went down to dublin he was lookin for a soul to steal
he was in a bind, he was way behind, and lookin to make a deal
he came across this young girl sawin' on a fiddle and playin it hot
and the devil jumped up on a hickery stump and said "girl let me tell you what"
now you many not know it but i'm a fiddle player too,
and if you care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you
now you play pretty good fiddle girl but give the devil his due
i bet a fiddle of gold against your soul 'cause I think i'm better than you
the girl said "My name's Mairead and it might be a sin, but I'll take your bet
you're gonna regret 'cause I'm the best theres ever been"

ok enough of me dragging this on, but yes its a great song and would be great for Mairead, though I do think some might be less warm on the idea.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 11:52AM »

I really really want David to do "To Love You More" from Celine it would be great duet for Lisa and Mairead

Goodness, that would be beautiful!  I'm sure David can think up something if he wanted.  Wink
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 12:50PM »

"Girls just wanna have fun"

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 01:41PM »

Oh that would be perfect! I would so love seeing that Cheesy

an outrageous song might be numa numa Its a Romanian song haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoQJlTVDMb4 Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: