Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Orla picture?  (Read 83573 times)
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« on: December 23, 2009, 12:15PM »

Ok, Does every girl have a thread for favorite picture now?

Post your favorite Orla pictures here so we can ohh and aww over them  Grin
Here's mine,

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 12:25PM »

This one:

And this one:

Sorry these are so large...I have no clue how to go about making them smaller...haha!  I have other favs, just have to find them!!!

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 12:27PM »

I love those pictures!

Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 09:06PM »

These are some of my favs!

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
MaryNorth93
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:21AM »

I will always capture Newgrange close at heart, she does a perfect job on it..  Grin

Órlagh and harp... just a perfect match  Cheesy
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 08:07AM »

I think the best one ( And with Orlagh in the picture they are all great) is the one in a different thread with Orlagh and Kelli, arms open ready to hug. It shows just what a special person Orlagh is.

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
Tennessee

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 10:10PM »

CWLisaFan both of those are my favs.

John 20:29
Inga
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 11:08AM »

And this one:

This dress is SO beautiful!!!
greenfire6
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 10:31PM »

Well this is easy!  Cheesy

Actually, when I saw this thread I thought; this is impossible. Like Órla's songs, there are so many great pictures how can one have a fav? Then I remembered this picture from Órla's, landmark, spring '09 Newsletter.

Yep, this is my absolutely, positively fav picture of Órla Fallon:

As I understand this is a picture of Órla with her first harp. I don't know for sure but she could be as young as 14 here. At this point in her life Órla has no idea of the great things she will achieve. But she is gifted from God, has a loving and supporting family- including especially the positive influence from an adoring grandmother. But perhaps most of all Órla has her dreams and a personal work ethic that will propel her into, not just success, but artistic triumph.

Thank you Órla Fallon for enriching our lives. You are the Best of the Best
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:22PM by greenfire6 » Logged
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 01:56PM »

Well this is easy!  Cheesy

Actually, when I saw this thread I thought; this is impossible. Like Órla's songs, there are so many great pictures how can one have a fav? Then I remembered this picture from Órla's, landmark, spring '09 Newsletter.

Yep, this is my absolutely, positively fav picture of Órla Fallon:

As I understand this is a picture of Órla with her first harp. I don't know for sure but she could be as young as 14 here. At this point in her life Órla has no idea of the great things she will achieve. But she is gifted from God, has a loving and supporting family- including especially the positive influence from an adoring grandmother. But perhaps most of all Órla has her dreams and a personal work ethic that will propel her into, not just success, but artistic triumph.

Thank you Órla Fallon for enriching our lives. You are the Best of the Best

Wow, that picture is beautiful!!!!  I have never seen it before!!!!!  Thank you so much for sharing it with us!  Orla definitely is amazing!!!!!!!   Smiley

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
tc84
Total Fanatic

"Everywhere you go let your dreams surround you!"

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 03:09PM »

i think at the moment those two are my favorite pictures of Órlagh... Well actually every Picture i've seen of Órlagh is stunning as Órlagh herself is stunning...!

Lots of Love!!!
coco xxx

"I think as a women we have so many other things to do in life, very important things, but also we have to be mothers and to support our children and guide them. Because (...) we all need guidance, don´t we?"
(C Zeta Jone 2005)
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 01:07AM »

That picture is amazing! I wonder how old she was? I'm guessing around 20. Does anyone know for sure or have a better guess?

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 08:31PM »

That really is an interesting and nice pic. Orla sure looks cute! I recommend though we dont get into an age guessing type thing, or the thread might get locked, and this is a good thread.

I recently had to pick a picture or 2 of Orla for autographs, since I attended the Cleveland Dec 4th show. My #1 pic is the one in the first post of this thread, by talia. I think thats sort of the prime pic, because she just finished singing AND has the harp there. Plus the smile, the overall look, everything is perfect. My #2 pic was very similar. had her smiling, sitting by the harp. Its by some photographer. Cant recall who now.

But there is one pic that COULD be almost perfect. She is at the harp singing, and there is sort of light behind her, sort of coming out at her. slightly above her in the center. Almost a halo effect. But the light also messes it up. If it could be adjusted, the brightness, contrast, etc, could be very cool. But thats beyond my computer capability.

One cant go wrong with that first pic!

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
greenfire6
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 10:34AM »

Is this the image you describe Cash?

Off topic: Is it just me or did Órla always get the best gowns when with CW?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:04PM by greenfire6 » Logged
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 06:53PM »

Greenfire6,

Yes thats it. I think its from the CW web page, one of their threads there. Cant remember for sure though. But if this pic could be tweeked a little bit, lowering the light just a tad, and adding some detail , or is it contrast? But she is singing, playing the harp, and looks great with how the light sort of illuminates her.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: