Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guy Guest Star?  (Read 9112 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 12:04PM »

and deidre got to be a guest on their new show!  She did good!  I think she was on the promo youtbe video doing jesse james! 

Which video?

I am not sure how to post a you tube vidoe I might give it a try though. But, If you type in celtic thunder it's entertainment it is like  a 6 -8 min promo of there new pbs show. (just like cw's songs from the heart one). It is the one part were the guys is like (comedy) and it has damian and keith w/ deidre (I think its her, t looks like her and she was in the taping) it was just a little part though they showed. she was singing jesse james!  (tonight your going to go down in flames ... Just like jesse james and pointed at them?!) I am not sure if it is her it probably is and I will try to post the you tube link but i am not to sure how!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MZKlae41aA
weel I got it up!  but I though it was longer but its a little under 4 minutes1  But it is great!  You'll see the girl i'm talking about, the one w/ long black curly hair, tall, w a black and red dress! enjoy!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Inga
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 01:30PM »

weel I got it up!  but I though it was longer but its a little under 4 minutes1  But it is great!  You'll see the girl i'm talking about, the one w/ long black curly hair, tall, w a black and red dress! enjoy!

Thank you for the link but this is not Deirdre, sorry.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 01:51PM »

Thank you for the link but this is not Deirdre, sorry.
ooh!  okay!  I wasn't sure!  I kinda thought it was though because she was their and has that type of dark curly hair and is tall but yeah the chances were about 1/100 on that!  thank you and sorry! good video though!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
DwarfMaster

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 10:35PM »

Want to hear guys singing, check out the High Kings! lol  Grin

"I don't know half of you half as well as I would like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins from Lord of The Rings
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 08:45AM »

lol! I prob. should becareful what I write here! Wink but I saw a few videos of them and yes they have amazing voices!  I guess I am just more familiar w/ celtic thunder and their music and clannad, anuna, celtic tenors,etc... The music is realy good and old style, and I know they traveled and opened for the girls on one tour!  I am not saying I don't like the groups music I have to get used to it and if I feel like listening to traditional traditional irish music!  which is beautiful! And they are really good!

bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 10:39AM »

being a guy, it's hard to say this, but there isn't a male singer out there that can enhance the girls....
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 02:30PM »

being a guy, it's hard to say this, but there isn't a male singer out there that can enhance the girls....
lol!  I couldn't said that better myself!  LOL! They don't need and male singer tomake them better they are amazingon their own!  Like celtic thunder is good on their own!  I guess thats why the groups are the way they are!  And I personally love it!

Gail

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 06:26PM »

Where did the suggestion of Deidre joining Celtic Thunder (short-term ? long term ?) come from ?  The guys are fine themselves, as are the girls.

Celtic Thunder already HAS another "member", from the band, singing with them in one spot. now. I'm a fan, and checking into their site recently, wondered who the guy with the bangs on stage was - found out it's who I just mentioned above.
KelticKraze

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 07:07PM »

Well, being a gal it still isn't hard to say that they don't need a male to enhance them. Besides, what would they call it? Celtic Persons? Smiley Or Celtic Woman and Guest? Who cares as long as they are there I would be there.

KC
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 09:21PM »

Where did the suggestion of Deidre joining Celtic Thunder (short-term ? long term ?) come from ?  The guys are fine themselves, as are the girls.

Celtic Thunder already HAS another "member", from the band, singing with them in one spot. now. I'm a fan, and checking into their site recently, wondered who the guy with the bangs on stage was - found out it's who I just mentioned above.

It's hard to say who first suggested the idea, maybe even someone from the "powers that be" for Celtic Thunder.  As a general answer, I'd say it was probably someone who was familiar with Deidre's past performances with a variety of groups, including the Celtic Tenors.  Whomever it was that suggested it, obviously those who make such decisions for Celtic Thunder liked the idea since she IS joining them, at least for a little while.
Inga
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 12:07PM »

Celtic Thunder has filmed a DVD with Deirdre as a guest.

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 01:08PM »

Sharon Brown was the original producer of CW and she is now the producer of Celtic Thunder. She was still producing the show when Deirdre toured with CW so I'd assume that the idea was hers.

aislin
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 06:08PM »

I'd love to know more about the High Kings. So far I've only seen one really good webvideo of a song that they did. Can someone inform me when they'll be on PBS? Can someone give me a link to buy their CD or show or something? I do want to know a lot more about them.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 08:56PM »

At the top of the Celtic Woman Forum, in the middle of the tabs, there is one tab marked THKF.  That is for the High Kings Forum.  Since the High Kings is a group related to Celtic Woman (started by David, Scott Porter was involved in the production of their first show / DVD: Mairead and Ray performed with them on one TV special and they opened for CW for a number of concerts). 

There are a number of videos on YouTube from the High Kings as well.
Angie
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2010, 04:15PM »

I think it would be fun, and interesting to have a special concert, just a one-time event sort-of, where both CW and CT are together, and have that made into a DVD for us all to enjoy, and air it on PBS of course.  I also think it may be fun to have a featured male GUEST in CW concerts, who would just do one, or two songs maybe, by way of introduction to a new male performer who may be exceptionally good.  Not that I want to change things - but just because we are experimenting with ideas here on this thread.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: