Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guy Guest Star?  (Read 9113 times)
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2010, 08:44PM »

I think it would be fun, and interesting to have a special concert, just a one-time event sort-of, where both CW and CT are together, and have that made into a DVD for us all to enjoy, and air it on PBS of course.  I also think it may be fun to have a featured male GUEST in CW concerts, who would just do one, or two songs maybe, by way of introduction to a new male performer who may be exceptionally good.  Not that I want to change things - but just because we are experimenting with ideas here on this thread.
I am not to sure it would work as well w/ the girls intorducing a male singer as well as the guys having deidre but it is a though? wouldn't know who though, and def. would change either celtic woman or celtic thunder though!  But combining the two would be wonderful! I would be curious enough to watch that on pbs! ok neat thought!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 09:34PM »

Definitely not ! You can't improve on perfection and that's exactly what CW is Purrrrfection !!!

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
Celticlover123

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2010, 11:51PM »

I think it would be awesome to incorporate a guy, not for the whole show, but maybe just a song or two. Like maybe a love song between one of the girls and the guy vocalist. it would be very sweet.
It could certainly be done and done well knowing our favorite David Downes.

I, however, would never want to see Celtic Woman and Celtic Thunder collaborate. I think Celtic Woman is leaps and bounds better than CT... I don't think they would mix well, but then again i've never really liked Celtic Thunder... it seems like they are trying to mimic something that can't be copied. Celtic Woman is genuine, I don't feel like Celtic Thunder is.
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 03:56AM »

I've already given my opinion on introducing a male guest star, so I won't go into that again, but I would like to respond to this idea of a combining of Celtic Woman and Celtic Thunder.

Absolutely not!  First of all, as has been said, I don't think there is any need for a combination, it would take away from what keeps CW special, but even more than that, I think it would just not be right.  This is nothing against Celtic Thunder.  I think they are a decent group and they do what they do well, but personally, I'm just not as interested in their performances as I am in Celtic Woman.  There are some similarities in style, probably because of Sharon Browne's involvement with both groups, but to be honest, I think that, and the name, are where the similarities end.  I just don't see a successful mixing of the groups, even for a short term.

In my opinion, IF, and that is a very big if, Celtic Woman were to do a joint show, I believe it would be best done with the High Kings.  Yes, the styles of the two groups are different, but I think the high energy capabilities of both groups would work well together.  They could complement each other by focusing on the differences, then blending them ... which is exactly what David has been able to do so often with Celtic Woman.  Also, when you consider that the High Kings actually is a part of David's work as well, it is actually realistic to consider the possibility.

So, in short, I really don't think a joint venture would be the right thing to do for Celtic Woman, but if it were going to happen, it should be with the High Kings instead of Celtic Thunder.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 04:57PM »

In my opinion, IF, and that is a very big if, Celtic Woman were to do a joint show, I believe it would be best done with the High Kings.  Yes, the styles of the two groups are different, but I think the high energy capabilities of both groups would work well together.  They could complement each other by focusing on the differences,

Thats true.( I do think though that CT is, or tries to be, a LOT like CW though.)  I am going to take this sort of sideways , yet remain on topic too!  Shocked

This morning I bought a ticket to see the Martina McBride / Trace Adkins concert coming here at the end of February. To my big surprise, I got 10th row! Thats great considering I went through ticketmaster. Usually I get hosed using them, But I am shocked to get a close floor seat. These are some big names. Trace almost won Celeb Apprentice! I figured tickets would sell fast, esp with any presales out there. And I didnt have any PBS to pledge to in order to get good seats. But I wonder what sales would be if just one of them? Maybe a LOT less? Are they better off working together? I think so.

Remember that they are very different. Just look at them. Trace is like 6'6" tall, the cowboy hat, etc. Martina just a little lady wearing pretty dresses. Trace deep voice, and Martina's high voice. Trace is a bit more showman. Martina more 'talent'. Thats maybe not the best way to say it, but the point is Martina is more about the vocal quality than "Badonkadonk"!

Two years ago I saw Carrie Underwood and Josh Turner. Carrie was the more flashy one, the "showman" while Josh just wore blue jeans and a t-shirt and sang in the deep voice. That was a GREAT show!

But the point on male/female combos is that they should compliment each other, not be very similar which would mean that they would compete against one another. If that makes any sense.

Also, throwing this out there too. Do you think Orla could benefit by teaming up with a guy thats perhaps a little more flashy, who sings songs a little more powerful, fast, and more "pop'? Someone who perhaps plays a more modern electronic instrument to compliment the harp?

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 02:55PM »

if they were every to have a guy guest star i would like it to be josh groban!!!!!!!!

Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 03:38PM »

if they were every to have a guy guest star i would like it to be josh groban!!!!!!!!

O yes that would be gooood! Cheesy

GeorgeN

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 10:21PM »

Well I can’t see any reason for a guest performer, except for one of the former members coming back for a song or two or three or....  Wink

If they ‘tinker’ with the concert format, I’d like to see a little more audience interaction, or perhaps a little more verbal introduction to some of the songs. I also think they could add another 30 seconds between songs to let us all clap and yell some more!! I also remember CW involved with an ice skating show, and I’d like to see a return to that. Finally a once or twice a year ‘mega-concert’ with an extra hour and a return of some of the ‘lost’ songs would be nice. They could do it at a ‘special place’ like Red Rocks.

GeorgeN
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: