Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 104   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WEATHER  (Read 689343 times)
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1455 on: December 12, 2016, 07:54PM »

CBS News says it will be -4F in Minneapolis tonight.  Bundle up, James! Wink
  I  have  alraedy. Just  got  home  a  half  hour  ago.  It's  supposed  to  be  this  way  the  whole  week.   Shocked

Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1456 on: December 12, 2016, 08:58PM »

Our low tonight: 36F.  High temp. tomorrow: 51F.  Some fog right now but the rain has stopped for a day or two. Wink
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1457 on: December 14, 2016, 04:35PM »

Friday`s high.....18.....with the wind added...-25....as my 13 year old neighbor says. "well.THAT`t even funny"....she knows I`ll be picking her up from school.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
CWazyTom
Honorary Roadie

One CWazy Canadian! Chlovër for life!

« Reply #1458 on: December 14, 2016, 05:49PM »

Post-show weather recap from Saginaw.

Roads / weather were great driving in.

It was decent weather (not snowing) but quite cold while walking around near the venue.

Sidewalks not shoveled at all for the most part. It wasn't particularly enjoyable walking in around a foot of snow in places with dress shoes on because there was no other place to walk to get to where I needed to go.

It was brutally cold with the windchill by the end of the concert.

Needless to say the girls were not stopped on the way to the tour bus (at least not by me).

The concert was wonderful, though!

Tara Forum (@TaraMcNeilForum)
http://www.taramcneillforum.com/
https://www.facebook.com/TaraMcNeillForum/

CaraNua Fans (@CaraNuaFans)

Candy Canadiana (@candycanfans)
https://www.facebook.com/CandyCanFans
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1459 on: December 14, 2016, 06:38PM »

Steady rain here all day with ice and snow inland.  One mountain pass is closed due to an avalanche.  Colder air due tonight so more snow in some places. Sad
This is a big storm which will move east into the mountain states and the plains in the next few days with plenty of snow and cold temps.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 06:43PM by Jim M. » Logged
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1460 on: January 04, 2017, 03:27PM »

Supposed to be getting snow right in time for Chloe's concert. Oh that will be fu-un.
Emer Dreamer
Featured Soloist

I Am An Emer Dreamer

« Reply #1461 on: January 04, 2017, 07:14PM »

Supposed to be getting snow right in time for Chloe's concert. Oh that will be fu-un.
Say  Hi  to Chloe  for  me   Smiley

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1462 on: January 05, 2017, 04:18PM »

just light snow here....but COLD.....have to pick up my neighbor`s 13 year old daughter from school every afternoon because we can`t have a frozen Kazackh...besides, she has me wrapped around her little finger , according to my neighbor.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1463 on: January 05, 2017, 06:48PM »

So looking at the weather report... I'm supposed to get snow. However, thanks to the timing of the temperature drop, it's going to be icy. Yup. SC is dooooooomed.
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1464 on: January 07, 2017, 04:02PM »

So looking at the weather report... I'm supposed to get snow. However, thanks to the timing of the temperature drop, it's going to be icy. Yup. SC is dooooooomed.
what would you do if you lived in New England?...been snowing all day....8"to12" by Sun. morning.Whiteout conditions right now, you can`t see your hand before your face....not that you`d get much excitement over that  ::)Tomorrow, Perugini Snow Removal Services, Inc. (a.k.a. 13 year old Ryan and 16 year old Jack from across the street) will shovel the driveway. I CAN`T do it because of side effects of the chemo meds from a few years back....fatigue and breathing issues...thank God for Jack and Ryan.

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Sorgi

« Reply #1465 on: January 07, 2017, 05:58PM »

Okeee dokeee here we go again

Flood Watch for Motherlode, California

Issuing Office: Sacramento
    Source: National.Weather.Service

3:13pm PST, Sat Jan 7

... FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON... THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR * A PORTION OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA... INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING BURNEY BASIN ... / EASTERN SHASTA COUNTY... CARQUINEZ STRAIT AND DELTA... CENTRAL SACRAMENTO VALLEY... CLEAR LAKE/SOUTHERN LAKE COUNTY... MOTHERLODE... MOUNTAINS SOUTHWESTERN SHASTA COUNTY TO NORTHERN LAKE COUNTY... NORTHEAST FOOTHILLS/SACRAMENTO VALLEY... NORTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY... NORTHERN SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY... SHASTA LAKE AREA / NORTHERN SHASTA COUNTY... SOUTHERN SACRAMENTO VALLEY... WEST SLOPE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA AND WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY/LASSEN PARK. * THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON * AN ATMOSPHERIC RIVER, A NARROW CORRIDOR OF CONCENTRATED MOISTURE, WILL PRODUCE A PROLONGED PERIOD OF MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN ESPECIALLY SUNDAY THROUGH EARLY MONDAY. SNOW LEVELS EXPECTED TO REMAIN ABOVE PASS LEVELS DURING THE HEAVIEST PRECIPITATION. * RAINFALL TOTALS FROM SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 4 TO 6 INCHES IN THE CENTRAL VALLEY, 4 TO 8 INCHES IN THE COASTAL AND SHASTA MOUNTAINS, AND 7 TO 16 INCHES IN THE NORTHEAST FOOTHILLS, MOTHERLODE, WESTERN PLUMAS MOUNTAINS AND SIERRA NEVADA. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A FLOOD WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR FLOODING BASED ON CURRENT FORECASTS. YOU SHOULD MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP. &&
    More Information

... POTENTIAL FOR WIDESPREAD FLOODING THROUGH WEDNESDAY...

-Dan

White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #1466 on: January 08, 2017, 03:49PM »

Looks like the west coast is getting battered.

what would you do if you lived in New England?...been snowing all day....8"to12" by Sun. morning.Whiteout conditions right now, you can`t see your hand before your face....not that you`d get much excitement over that  ::)Tomorrow, Perugini Snow Removal Services, Inc. (a.k.a. 13 year old Ryan and 16 year old Jack from across the street) will shovel the driveway. I CAN`T do it because of side effects of the chemo meds from a few years back....fatigue and breathing issues...thank God for Jack and Ryan.

Did you see any of the photos of all the wrecks in Atlanta from 2.5 inches of snow in 2014? https://weather.com/travel/commuter-conditions/news/atlanta-snow-2014-winter-storm-leon-traffic

Yeah. That's what happens in the south when it snows. Columbia's a lot better off (in people's actions) when we get flooded than when there's snow! On Newberry, well that place has a tendency to get battered by tornadoes all the time.
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #1467 on: January 08, 2017, 03:57PM »

Looks like the west coast is getting battered.
Yes, we are.  Steady, heavy rain here all day.  Rained a lot yesterday and forecast is for rain the next several days.
But ...  you don't have to shovel rain. Wink
www.kezi.com/weather
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:30PM by Jim M. » Logged
Sorgi

« Reply #1468 on: January 08, 2017, 06:24PM »

I have to drive up into the lower mountains everyday and there's one spot on Highway 50 that's right on the edge of the ridge, totally unprotected.   Coming around that corner you get punched by the wind gusts.  I saw a tow truck just waiting at the sanding station that's right at that spot, pretty sure he was there ready to pickup anyone who lost control when they went through that section.  A lot of water on the roads made for a nasty hydroplane.

-Dan

Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1469 on: January 11, 2017, 03:27PM »

a foot of snow on Sat./ Sun........by Wed. 50 degrees, Thurs. 55 degrees....if you don`t like New England weather, wait a minute  Roll Eyes

thanks EVI

Love, Evi.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 104   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: