Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW back in the US in October 07!!  (Read 28578 times)
Birdwatcher

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2007, 04:39PM »

Mel: That bowl of stew sure looks good. I'll take mine with a pan of cornbread soaked in butter.
CTofer

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2007, 05:11PM »

Pssst, Maggie (or anyone with a recipe), I'd love a good home recipe for
some soda bread. 

Chris
CTofer

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2007, 05:17PM »

Ok..here is a little tidbit I got from a source.

They love doing the shows, it's the constant traveling that can tire them out, especially the one night after night after night shows. So there will be some changes in 2008...but I can't say. It's up to CW to officially tell us. Smiley

Well, I certainly am all for them spacing their concerts out alot more.....God knows they could use a little more R&R than they've been getting the past few tours! And also, I'm all for spacing the concerts out more if that means they'll stay a little longer in the states on tour Smiley

Chris
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2007, 05:53PM »

Stop! Your making me hungary Mel! LOL! Looks so good!

Thanks Lindsey
<3 Lauren
Total Fanatic

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2007, 06:07PM »

Pssst, Maggie (or anyone with a recipe), I'd love a good home recipe for
some soda bread. 

Chris

Hope this helps Chris!!

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=22.msg237#msg237

<3 Lauren

<3
Truffle Fairy

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2007, 06:43PM »

They're coming to some places they didn't get to in the last tour?? How about Marquette Michigan!?!? Cheesy
haha. *siiiiiiigh* it'll never happen....

That stew looked DELICIOUS. I wrote down the name of the pub - so when we go to Irleand (and we do intend on spending some time in Doolin) I can have some!!

~Jess
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2007, 01:03AM »

Ok, here is a little more about what I heard.

Now this isn't official, just from someone in the cast (not the girls!), but they maybe adding MORE shows..but with less travel.

Something alot of us had discussed previously. About staying longer in some cities, such as Boston, or Chicago, or Columbus  Grin (kidding about Columbus).

For instance, 5 nights in Boston, then possible traveling for a couple weeks, then another city for 5 nights...that kind of thing. So they get more breaks from the bus travel, and yet, we get more shows. I know I am willing to travel to some of these cities to see them, especially if they are on a weekend Wink

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2007, 01:14AM »

Mel, if this is ultimately what they end up doing, I think it's a fabulous idea!  I hope during some of their tour they'll come near me, but if they don't then at least I know when I travel there is a possibility of seeing more than one show if I choose to (and I'll choose to!)

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2007, 04:28AM »

(and I'll choose to!)
Ditto!  Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2007, 07:13AM »

(and I'll choose to!)
Ditto!  Cheesy
Rich, I'll see your "ditto" and raise you one!!! I think that would be the perfect set-up ( better for the girls travel wise and better for us since we can see them at the same location on successive nights - providing our funds hold out!)
Thanks for the scoop Mel !!

Susan Z

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2007, 09:08AM »

I hope they also will do this for the Canadian fans and add in more shows and more cities.  Only 3 shows for us here, didn't give many Canadians the opportunity to enjoy their performance.  I also hope they'll add in some either signings or meetings, so that we can get to meet them too! *S*
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2007, 11:16AM »

(and I'll choose to!)
Ditto!  Cheesy

Rich, if I see you at a show in 2008, prepare for a hug!  Grin

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
James
Total Fanatic

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2007, 11:56AM »

OK if CW have more breaks and stay longer here in the US...then that means more time for me to earn money!!... Grin Grin........maybe

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2007, 02:26PM »

Rich, if I see you at a show in 2008, prepare for a hug!  Grin
Bring it on!!!!   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2007, 04:25PM »

Ha! If I saw you Rich I'd HUG TACKEL YOU!

Thanks Lindsey
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: