Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M&G shifting  (Read 8993 times)
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« on: January 10, 2010, 12:54AM »

It's been said that the CW girls have M&G shifts. How do they work?
Does anyone know how which day each girl does a M&G is determined?
Is there any particular order, or is it randomized?

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 12:56AM »

It's my understanding that Rachel controls all of that and she's got her own little secret system. Grin

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Maggie
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 03:37AM »

I don't think they have set shifts. I think it would have to be loose and flexible.

Rachel and the ladies probably work it out between them, depending on how they are feeling.

If Lisa wants to rush off and see her little ones, the others do M&G.
If one of them has family or friends visiting, etc etc.

So they do not announce it until you get into the M&G.

Imagine the disappointment if they announced it in advance,
and then your favourite was not feeling good and could not make it..... Cry
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:58AM »

There's also been a couple of times where they've announced the ladies that were gonna be at the M&G and then one of them is switched for another.  So you can't be completely sure until you see them walk into the room.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 05:39AM »

When I first learned of meet&greets, I thought that they should announce in advance who would be there. After all, if you spend money on the thing, the first thought is that you know who you spend that money for. But I now think thats wrong. At some point they would do a substitution, and you just know someone would yell and screem about it. "I'M SUING!" etc. Also, do the majority of fans really know the difference between them? THough we "old regs" or "stand out " fans all know them, to most fans, they are just "2 of the stars". So the current flexible system is best.

However, having said that (uh-oh   Shocked  )

There may be times, granted rare ones, when announcing the m&g people in advance may be a good thing. Say they know they will perform in city X, and its a large city, one with a large population, but, for some reason, has a history of not selling out, or not selling a lot of M&Gs. If they were to announce that all 5 were doing the m&g, and market tickets with that info, it might catch some attention and sell more tickets. Also, more people might be willing to travel to such an event with an all 5 signing.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 07:50AM »

Rachel assigns the schedule using her own secret system which even the girls are not privy to.  They don't know until the day of the concert which of them is going to be in that night's M&G.  That's all there is to it.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
cahham

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 08:18AM »

I know one girl who won't be at the M&G.....Me. Not sure if that helps or not. - Lisa

The Quiet Man

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 10:41AM »

Did not know that even the ladies themselves did not know the schedule, although I did know Rachel made up the schedule.  I figured it was just done on a rotating basis.  Occasionally we NYCers get the whole group, I'm crossing my fingers that happens again this time out.
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 02:16PM »

Rachel assigns the schedule using her own secret system which even the girls are not privy to.  They don't know until the day of the concert which of them is going to be in that night's M&G.  That's all there is to it.

This leads to 2 very important follow up questions....

1. Is Rachel a member of the Masons?

2. Does she take bribes?

Shocked   Cheesy     Roll Eyes     Wink

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
barbeaver

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 06:21PM »

One time they annouced Chloe and Alex.  Lisa and Alex walked in and we were all surprised...however there was a weird guy in the audience who was making goo goo eyes at Chloe all night and she might have been uncomfortable with him there...who knows?  I was happy to meet Lisa and Alex that night and hope to meet Chloe, Lynn and Mairead in Cincinnati or Chicago.

EMERALD GEMS
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 07:03PM »

Until the Fall 2009 tour, the rotation of girls night-by-night was fairly regular.  In the Fall, Lisa and Lynn did the major part of them.  No explanation was given (nor should we as fans, in my opinion, demand one).  However, there is naturally speculation why the fall tour was done differently.  One such speculation is that on the Fall tour the group visited some cities they had never played to before.  I think Lisa was particularly interested in doing Meet & Greets in those new stops.

Whatever the system in effect at a given time, each and every one of the girls is a joy at these Meet & Greets and from a fan's point of view, it is always  a no-lose situation!   Cool Cool

Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 07:15PM »

Another question  I have is: why only two girls?
M&G tickets are very pricy, and it would be cool if more than two girls would come out more often.
I understand that sometimes one of the girls aren't feeling well, but I wish that all five would come out all thmore often.

07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 08:20PM »

It would take more time if all 5 were at the M&G and I'm guessing with their schedule it wouldn't be practical most of the time.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 08:41PM »

When I saw the Mediaeval Baebes all 6 did a signing after the show. On one hand it was great to get all 6 autographs. On the other, they really had to rush people along. I tried starting some chit-chat, but they had none of it. They did talk a little but for the most part, it was just signing, not meeting and greeting. But if they had talked more, they would have never gotten out of there. Just too many people trying to talk with too many performers. Just doesnt work. 

barbeaver

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 06:57AM »

Whether there are two or five girls at the M & G, I am just counting my blessings that the girls continue to do M &Gs and that we get to spend a few wonderful moments with them getting to know their sweet spirits.

Barb

EMERALD GEMS
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: