Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: M&G shifting  (Read 8992 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 07:55AM »

Whether there are two or five girls at the M & G, I am just counting my blessings that the girls continue to do M &Gs and that we get to spend a few wonderful moments with them getting to know their sweet spirits.

Barb
Excellent post and a great attitude.  Thank you.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 08:58AM »

I whole-heartedly agree!  It's a fantastic privilege, and an honor, to spend a few minutes of quality time (and they do make sure it's quality time!) with any of the girls, and it's definitely something to treasure and remember.

Also, I think it's only fair to remember that the standard policy is two girls at the M&G.  Although they are talked about enough that they might seem more common (after all, who wouldn't be excited and talking about it a lot, right?!) the ones where all five girls appear are actually pretty rare.  Why it happens, well, we don't know.  Probably the only person who would is Rachel, and we already know she doesn't give up her secrets *lol* but I think questioning it, or expecting it, would not be a good thing.  It would probably lead to disappointment, and there should never be any disappointment involved when you are meeting any of the girls!

Peter
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 09:07AM »

Someone (Sara?) also made the excellent point that M&Gs with all the girls are extremely time consuming.  My first M&G - in Rosemont, IL - featured three of the ladies, and it took forever to finish.  Quite often, CW is leaving for a new city right after the M&G, so they're rushing to board the bus and be on their way.  If they're staying overnight, they're tired and need to get some sleep.  In spite of any time constraints, they are always warm and cheerful, and never make you feel like you have to hurry and move along.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 09:33AM »

Someone (Sara?) also made the excellent point that M&Gs with all the girls are extremely time consuming.  My first M&G - in Rosemont, IL - featured three of the ladies, and it took forever to finish.  Quite often, CW is leaving for a new city right after the M&G, so they're rushing to board the bus and be on their way.  If they're staying overnight, they're tired and need to get some sleep.  In spite of any time constraints, they are always warm and cheerful, and never make you feel like you have to hurry and move along.

That was exactly my experience with them...we hung around Alex and chatted and chatted with her, several of us at the same time,
Lisa kidded me about my actions in the show...Mairead and Rachel started thinking outloud about whether they had ever been to Okinawa or not?  There was never, one iota of let's get this over with, or hurrying anyone along...they are absolutely amazing...and I can't wait for Brooke and CoCo and anyone else who has not met them to do so ! ! ! ! They are simply the best ! ! !

Kiss  shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 02:07PM »

I feel blessed just to have opportunities to "brush shoulders" with them. Smiley

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 03:05PM »

I feel blessed just to have opportunities to "brush shoulders" with them. Smiley
Wait'll you graduate to hugs.   Cheesy

lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 03:30PM »

Wait'll you graduate to hugs.   Cheesy

I did! Cheesy Now I'm after a Lisa hug (if she doesn't mind Roll Eyes)

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
The Quiet Man

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 04:24PM »

It IS true that we were kinda rushing things along in NYC with all 5 girls, just a bit of chit-chat with Lisa and Chloe and a quick kiss of the hand for Mairead and Lynn, but on the other hand I got a ton of signed items, including a signed songbook for my dear friend Kristen and signed pics for her two friends who will probably never make it to a meet and greet.  However, the experience that can't be beat was a signing in the morning and partying with them in the evening, where we DID in fact get to hang around the girls and chat them up.  Lisa and Mairead in particular are sparkling conversationalists.   

Lisa's usually good for kisses in a party situation, so I'm sure she'd be glad to give and receive hugs too.  PLEASE be careful if you have a cold, though, we don't want any of the soloists getting sick.   
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 05:16PM »

I understand what you all are saying. My mom actually had that question, which is why I asked.
You all made great points and I think I'll be able to give her a good answer.

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 09:44PM »

talia,

It was a fair and good question, and one that I'm sure a lot of people have wondered about, even if they never asked.  And, it's a nice bonus that, like you said, you can now go and give your mom some really good points as an answer.
Natalia
Bodhrán Player

May 12 was a wonderful day!

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 09:58PM »

Thank you Hesprit,

I didn't want others to get the impression that I was ungreatful or mad that only two of the girls do M&G per night.

mike95826

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 11:49PM »

I have been able to go to two M&G's. The first had Lisa and Chloe (talk about hitting the jackpot the first time). The second had Orla and Lynn. They all seem to enjoy meeting their fans and have the Irish gift of chit chat.

Their road manager, I believe her name is Rachel is a pretty good organizer and task master as she can keep the line moving and nobody looks to be hurried.
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 01:57AM »

my first meet and greet was very sepecial!! i was given the most wonderful gift a true celtic woman fan could ask for!! A very nice gentleman overheard me talking about wanting a meet and greet ticket. well it just so happened that he had an extra ticket. so he gave it to me and i got to meet chloe and lynn!!!

hesprit
Total Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2010, 02:22AM »

That's an amazing gift!  Congratulations!

My first concert included a M&G at which I met Lisa and Chloe.  My third concert also included M&G, but unfortunately, that concert (and the M&G) don't count because that's the one I missed due to being in the hospital.  I'm looking forward to making up for that in February as I attend both the concert and M&G in Erie, PA.

I'm definitely excited while wondering who I'll be seeing that night.  I would love for Mairead to be one (I love Emily's "Mission Mairead" idea .. I agree with it, but don't want to steal her idea! LOL) but I simply can't choose for the second person.  I'd love to see Lisa again, or Chloe, but I'd also be glad to meet either Alex or Lynn as well. 

Whomever it is will be fantastic, I have no doubt ... I can't wait!

Peter
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2010, 04:00PM »

I have been able to go to two M&G's. The first had Lisa and Chloe (talk about hitting the jackpot the first time). The second had Orla and Lynn. They all seem to enjoy meeting their fans and have the Irish gift of chit chat.

Their road manager, I believe her name is Rachel is a pretty good organizer and task master as she can keep the line moving and nobody looks to be hurried.
Welcome to the forum, Mike.  Yep, Rachel is very good at her job.  We call it "herding cats."   Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: