Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SFTH-DVD - Europe-Release? Why do you ignore/"hate" us?  (Read 8919 times)
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 04:00PM »

Hi to you all, this is my first post here after only knowing about CW for about a month, I live in England and the cable company which I have is Virgin,
and around Christmas time I found about 4 CW videos on the Virgin music channel, and that was it, I was enthralled to say the least, but thats where my problems
begin, after lots of searching on my pc I soon realised that they are virtually unknown here, the new SFTH DVD which I want so badly for now at least is not being released
at the same time as the US, I wrote via the link on the bottom of the CW website twice and got no reply, on Amazon.co.uk the SFTH cd is listed as an import and is
£23.50 which is around $38, and as I said no dvd at all as yet, so I think the UK are getting a raw deal, I have a region free dvd player so I might risk ordering from the US and hope it works, so you see I fell in the love with this wonderful music and now I cant get enough of them, if only they were as well loved here in the UK
as they are in America, sorry for any moans and groans on this my first post.

Colin.

I completely understand your moans and groans in your post Colin, no need to apologize. CW is also in Holland not known, so they don't tour here and it's a big question or we'll be able to get the dvd...  Huh

But welcome to the forum! It's nice that the European-fan base is growing here  Cheesy

Colin,

Your disc player is region free than it will play the dvd. Exlcuding the disc it self is damaged. I have a region free player  here at California and I am happy it dose cause I have dvd that is PAL and and has other disc formats. And I want to go to the UK and a lot of music product not released to the USA as domestic.
KelticKraze

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 04:05PM »

Why do you ignore/"hate us?

This is a very good question!!!
I'm providing on my site a real-time graphic that displays all accesses to 'chloe-agnew.com' sorted by countries. As you see Europe (especially Germany) is ranked save on the second place (my own visits aren't counted):

To support CW in the german speech-area of Europe 'chloe-agnew.com' is also available in german since December 15th, 2008 ('chloe-agnew.de'). In addition since October 13th, 2009 the first "“German "Chloë Agnew / Celtic Woman Forum"”" is online too. Everybody who is able to read and write german is welcome to join the forum. Maybe this is a way to show CW Ltd. that it's a MUST to visit Europe again!

Axel

Those % say a lot as to why.The more people there are means a better profit. And I am sure it would be very expensive to ship equipment and the like. Maybe if they toured there on a smaller scale. Spread the word so they can hear the demand.Smiley

KC
Colin

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 01:10PM »

Thank you for your welcome to this forum, I had two good things happen today regarding
these wonderful voices, firstly my cable company added another Celtic Woman song to
their video on demand service, this one was True Colours, is that Alex singing that? i am
not sure of all their names yet, and a reply from EMI regarding the SFTH dvd, this is their
reply, Thank you for your email A non-US version in PAL will be available from the 26th January 2010.
brief but such good news for anyone in Europe.

Colin.

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 05:04PM »

Hi Colin, welcome to the forum! Yes, that is Alex singing True Colors. She's amazing, isn't she? I'm glad Songs From the Heart will be available to all of you in Europe the same day it comes out in America. Thanks for updating us on the topic!
aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 10:41PM »

Why do you ignore/"hate us?

This is a very good question!!!
I'm providing on my site a real-time graphic that displays all accesses to 'chloe-agnew.com' sorted by countries. As you see Europe (especially Germany) is ranked save on the second place (my own visits aren't counted):

To support CW in the german speech-area of Europe 'chloe-agnew.com' is also available in german since December 15th, 2008 ('chloe-agnew.de'). In addition since October 13th, 2009 the first "“German "Chloë Agnew / Celtic Woman Forum"”" is online too. Everybody who is able to read and write german is welcome to join the forum. Maybe this is a way to show CW Ltd. that it's a MUST to visit Europe again!

Axel

Those % say a lot as to why.The more people there are means a better profit. And I am sure it would be very expensive to ship equipment and the like. Maybe if they toured there on a smaller scale. Spread the word so they can hear the demand.Smiley

(1) Profit is the relation between effort and income!
(2) The values (%) shown in the image are absolute values! If you re-calculate them depending on the population of each country US won't be the first rank (-> profit).

Let's say: it takes much more effort to fill the venues in the States than in other countries (e.g. Ireland, Netherlands, UK, Australia, Italy, France, and last but not least Germany). E.g.: In 2008 there was absolutely no advertising for the shows in Europe. Nevertheless ALL concerts were sold out. I'm not sure if this also would work in the States!

Axel

firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

Yep. I´m a LisaK.holic!! <3

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 09:30AM »

Hey ...
I just want to know, if there is a german/europe version, yet or not?
I wanna have this Dvd  Undecided

<3

by me
I met Lisa Kelly, Lisa Lambe, Chloe Agnew, Mairead Nesbitt
Ich liebe dich! xxx
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 10:48AM »

Hey ...
I just want to know, if there is a german/europe version, yet or not?
I wanna have this Dvd  Undecided

<3

Germa/Europe version Huh Huh  It is available though are you asking on region code?? Song listing is the same for US, Europe and Asia.
firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 11:22AM »

yeah I mean the region code Wink
I can´t find the Dvd at the german amazon Sad

by me
Ich liebe dich! xxx
doernle

Por Amor Al Arte

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 12:21PM »

the DVD is regional code 0 you can watch it all over the world.

I myself am from Germany and purchased the DVD on ebay and I can watch it. I bought it from a seller in the USA.

firefly loves lisa k.
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 01:14PM »

hmm ... I just found Regional Code 1. Every single DvD I´ve found has the US Code Cry

<33

Edit
I´ve found something:
Is this the right Dvd http://www.musicshop.com.au/celtic-woman-songs-from-the-heart-dvd.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:26PM by firefly » Logged

by me
Ich liebe dich! xxx
Kaneyoshi

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 01:42PM »

I am from Germany too. I can this problem. Currently is there the DVD by Amazon Germany of seven different offerer. Some give the statement, that's the DVD is in American version with region code 1, but not all gave this information.
I have my DVD bought from a American Seller over eBay America 4 months ago. The DVD is region code free, but in NTSC video format. That is no problem for a newer dvd player. The most can play both, Pal and NTSC.

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
Kaneyoshi

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 01:52PM »

hmm ... I just found Regional Code 1. Every single DvD I´ve found has the US Code Cry

<33

Edit
I´ve found something:
Is this the right Dvd http://www.musicshop.com.au/celtic-woman-songs-from-the-heart-dvd.html

Please send a question to the music shop, if the dvd is region free. Australian has the video format Pal. I hope for you, that the answer is positive and you can buy this dvd.

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 11:21PM »

When I'm in New York, I've buy at Borders a lots of DVD of Celtic Woman and that work on my TV, (I'm French).

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 08:10AM »

Most of the CD/DVD players that are currently available in Europe are able to play media from all over the world ('multisystem'). So it makes no difference if there's a region code, a different refresh rate or if the DVD is in NTSC, PAL, or SECAM. You'll only get problems if you buy a cheap noname product; then you'll know why you paid only a few bucks!

Internal or external CD/DVD drives for computers are all multisystem players w/o any exception. You only have to be sure that it's certified for Microsoft if you're running Windows XP with SP2 (or higher), Windows Vista (all SPs), or Windows 7.

Some drives come along with their own driver CD. If you're running W2K or higher there're no requirements or any other reasons to install these drivers. Therefore it's recommended not to install third-party-drivers (mostly the Microsoft compatibilty test fails) as long as there isn't a unique and plausible requirement. If the new drive didn't work before the installation of the drivers it won't work afterwards neither; but you may get some other strange problems which result in possible data loss and curruption or "FORMAT C:"!!!

Axel

Maggie
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2010, 05:15AM »

We have a Region-free DVD player / converter which hooks up to any TV.
It is also multi-voltage.
Also, Dave can play any Region DVD through his laptop hooked up to the TV.

As we are planning to spend more time in Europe starting in 2011,
we need to be able to play Regions 1 & 2.

Before we left England in 1992, we bought a small TV from the US Military Exchange which also plays
VHS either PAL or SECAM, as we had a lot of videos of both regions.....it still works!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:19AM by Maggie » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: