Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes Celtic Woman, Celtic Woman?  (Read 7195 times)
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 07:42AM »

there's also the interactions between them.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 03:12PM »

what makes celtic woman celtic woman you ask?

Alex, Chloe, Dierdre, Hayley, Lynn, Meav, Mairead, Orla, and of course Lisa Cheesy

In my lengthy version of answering the question is that there is nothing out there like it. I have not found anyone so good with fans and so talented and dedicated to their work. As many of the members of CW have said there was a bit of magic that night at the Helix. I must also make mention of David for he is the genius behind it all. They also bring to the table something for everyone it really is music that crosses the generations, a claim many artists make but it really isn't all that true. They also bring people together. A lot of people just can't understand all of that and see opera singers in dresses. Sad that some can't/won't know this group like we here on the forum do. They are a celebration of life.

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 03:15PM »

Cheesy  We did have another thread similar to this one where we tried to put it into words the phenomenon of C W....

I thought there was and I realize that it was a thread i started haha

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
The Leprechaun
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 08:41PM »

Its about escapism.

The world is a cruel, tough place. Yes I know, you are thinking theres a lot of good out there too. But its still a struggle. We all have problems. Even the lucky richest people alive have some type of struggle to deal with. We want to get relief from that, even for a little bit, so we turn to entertaiment.

But the funny thing is, struggle & conflict are integrated into entertainment as well. Look at sports. Football and hockey are about overcoming another to take his territory, or defend one's own, etc. Even in literature, look how Harry Potter and Mr Frodo had to fight evil! When you look at music, theres a lot of conflict there too. Groups like Guns&Roses going wild on stage or in hotel rooms.

Celtic Womans music is all about hope, love, smiles, peace, etc. Plus its packaged in a very attractive way! CW does a GREAT job at combining the audio and visual. Plus theres variety. Its not one singer over and over, but at times solo, at times emsemble, at times even instrumental. NO other group, or performers, can match what CW does at such a high level of talent and quality.

But when one of us attends a concert live, or watches a dvd, or even just listens to a cd, for a brief period of time, we are in a much better, pleasent place.

I couldn't have said it better myself. They bring hope and love to the world and everything is better when they're around.

Celtic Woman: Gotta love them.

Proud sufferer of OCCWD.

The wonderful Susan.

Thanks whoever for the picture.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: