Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mel's Christmas In July review  (Read 18611 times)
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 12:02PM »

As for the extras, that is what the one girl who lead me back to the stage door said, and I hope that it's true. Maybe more interviews with the girls too  Grin

Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2007, 12:07PM »

Maybe more interviews with the girls too  Grin

I'm hoping for that!  How cool would it be to have interviews where (among other things, of course) they can talk about the surge of Celtic Woman since their interviews on the Helix DVD?!  I'd love to hear about it from their perspective.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2007, 12:09PM »

Oh come on...tell the truth...we all just like to hear them speak  Wink Grin

Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2007, 12:11PM »

Oh come on...tell the truth...we all just like to hear them speak  Wink Grin

Ditto!!

Thank you for the lovely review Mel. And YAY for DVD extras!!!
Jim M.
Choir Member

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 08:10PM »

I agree with everyone else - GREAT REVIEW, and you have to be the luckiest person to get in for the extra time.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
CTofer

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 10:02PM »

Mel.....wow, what a wonderful review....thank you so very much for sharing about your experiences there, it was wonderful!!!! You made me feel as though I were in your shoes. I am thrilled you were able to go and so happy for you that you got to experience all the things that you did. Seems the good Lord truly smiled upon you while you were there Smiley

Chris
Sharky Glen

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2007, 05:08PM »

Yay for Christmas! Yay for CW! Yay for Mel! and Yay for DVD extras!

Sharing the love and blessings of Celtic Woman....Glen
Kelsey

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2007, 05:32PM »

Thank you so, so much for sharing your second experience with us, Mel!  I really appreciate it!  Everything sounded so fabulous, and what great luck that you got to watch the rehearsals!

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2007, 07:10AM »

I just posted my first part of my Ireland trip report in the General Discussion, really wasn't sure where to post it, thought that would be the best place.

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=1208.0

I only have up to the first full day up, have to write the second day later on today.

Sassy

Ni Caoim

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2007, 08:25AM »

Mel, awesome review!  Do you have to pinch yourself, to find out if all these experiences have been real?  I'd have my head so far up in the clouds! *S*
Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2007, 11:48AM »

Mel, awesome review!  Do you have to pinch yourself, to find out if all these experiences have been real?  I'd have my head so far up in the clouds! *S*

I think writing it down helps make it feel like it really happened. If I never had written reviews, I think it would all be so surreal. But by going back and rereading, I am reliving it again as if it happened yesterday, and that includes my first review of the Columbus show.

And I just had 92 pictures printed today..so I have those to look at too Cheesy

Moscapoet
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2007, 03:05PM »

Mel,
  what a great read. I am the Scott that joined you all earlier in the wait outside. It truly was a ,agical evening. I can't thank those of you who befriended me there enough. By the way, Susan and Suzie and Joe were on the flight back to the states with me. I had the ladies read the poems that the group inspired me to write. I ran into nothing but dead ends over there in finding anyone who would help me turn them into songs. But God has a way of making it all right. We all ran into Amy Rivard at the airport in Chicago as she had been on the same flight. She was very gracious and a lovely woman. She posed with Joe for a picture and did the same with me later. I also had her sign my New journey program as she is listed in it. She has a fun website of her own and has a jazz CD for sale. I sent an e-mail and a poem about her that she inspired. I'm now up to 75 since mid-April with 17 coming as a result of the trip. I have a customer in Texas who has agreed to arrange some of my poems for which I have tunes in my head. He is a professional musician and arranger and his wife is also a professional musician who also teaches suzuki which I assume is violin. The ladies and I had a drink at O'Brien's at the airport and was it ever good craic. We met others from Ireland and it was a great way to end the trip. I wanted to thank the ladies from Colorado for the wine and snacks and their company thus the drinks. They didn't mention the meeting with Meav's mom but it must have been fun. Since I'm in Colorado too maybe I'll run in to the cousin at some celtic festival sometime. Thanks again Mel for the report and to all who spent time in chatting with me. I'm new to this forum so will pop on periodically. Blessings to all.

Mel
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2007, 03:24PM »

Welcome to the Forum Scott  Grin

Charlie Brock

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2007, 08:18PM »

Mel,
Your Christmas Celebration review is excellent, and I appreciate you taking the time to share our experience at the event with all of the CW fans. I am so happy that you had the chance to attend the practice on the second day, prior to the last show. I'm sure the smiles exchanged between you and the girls helped make the practice a blast.
We were able last year to see the practice for A New Journey and it was also allot of fun and interseting to watch the filming masters create the magic that we all enjoy today. I expect we will all be delighted with what we were so lucky to witness first hand.
I appreciate your help with the seating when Ned started swapping us around. The four seats that you and the others moved to were even better than the night before. Seems your luck was very good for the filming of this DVD.
Sorry for being unable to talk much....I get that way when I am around large groups of people. I was in my own Celtic world most of the time, and didn't mean to ignore anybody. Your trip to sites in Ireland also sounds like a great success, and we too had a lot of fun touring the country we love.
Hope you are pleased with the experience and are looking forward to the Christmas Celebration DVD, and PBS specials.
Thanks again for the great review....It's a masterpeice.
Charlie Brock
Maggie
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2007, 09:06PM »

Mel, you did a super job of describing your adventures! It is a joy to read.

I'm glad you took the Dublin Bus Tour, and saw the historic GPO.

You mention some of the Leaders of the Easter Rising, and you noted that streets are named after some of them.
They knew there was a great risk of failure, and knew what the consequences would be, but they were brave and desperate men, and their actions that day fired up the Irish people towards independence.
They raised the tricolour over the GPO, and Pádraic Pearse read the Proclamation of the Irish Republic from the steps outside.
When the battle was over, the rebel leaders were taken to Kilmainham Jail and executed, except Michael Collins who survived for 6 more years, until he was assassinated in his native County Cork.
They have left some of the bullet holes from 1916 in the outside of the building, and in the pillars.

I love how you said you could feel the history, before you knew about it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: