Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On this day in Celtic Woman history...  (Read 11805 times)
Enchanted

« on: January 26, 2010, 08:20PM »

I thought it might be fun and informative to have a topic where people can post bits of the history of Celtic Woman.  This will be both educational for the new fan and a trip down memory lane for those who have watched it all unfold from the beginning.  I'm sure that the knowledge base on this forum will keep things accurate, but please try to post only information of which you are certain, not just something you read on You Tube.

I suggest that we post informative facts that will be of interest to all fans rather than personal experiences.  (For example the date that Celtic Woman first performed together, rather than the date you first saw the show.)  Your posts don't have to be about the current date, or begin with this exact phrase, but for fun, that is how I will start:

On this day in Celtic Woman History, January 26th, 2010, Songs From The Heart was officially released on CD and DVD.
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:26PM »

On Jan 25, 2010 around 12:00pm my friend sent me a message on facebook saying OMG i love celtic woman, they are amazing"!

Enchanted

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 03:29PM »

On this day in Celtic Woman History, February 9, 2010, Celtic Woman kicked off their Songs From The Heart 2010 tour in Roanoke, VA.
lisalover7 (LL7)
Bodhrán Player

"I begged and I begged and I begged and I begged"

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 03:37PM »

on this day in CW history there was the wedding of Scott and Cindy Cheesy

Let Me Tell You That I Love You...
Enchanted

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 04:00PM »

I'm a bit behind in updating this topic.

On May 22, 2010 Celtic Woman concluded the Spring leg of the Songs from the Heart 2010 tour in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Enchanted

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 04:03PM »

Here is a significant piece of Celtic Woman history:

On May 26, 2010 it was announced that Alex Sharpe has decided to take a full time break from touring with Celtic Woman.  Her message on the Celtic Woman Website had this to say:

"It has been a great joy and pleasure to be a part of the Celtic Woman family these past 3 years but the time has come for me to be with my own family full time back at home.

I would like to thank all the fans for the support they have given me from the beginning and throughout the years.

Thank you especially to Lynn, Lisa, Máiréad and Chloë for welcoming me into Celtic Woman with open arms, and to all the Celtic Woman team on and off stage....You are amazing!

I will always cherish this experience and wish everybody continued success and happiness for the future.

Yours sincerely,
Alex Sharpe"

You will indeed be missed, Alex.
Enchanted

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 07:04PM »

On this day in Celtic Woman history, July 12, 2010, Celtic Woman began the second half of the Songs From The Heart North American Tour in St. John, NB, Canada.  This leg of the tour runs through September 12, 2010 where it will conclude in the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison Colorado.

It appears that this tour will include Lisa, Chloë, Lynn, and Máiréad as soloists.
Enchanted

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 07:24PM »

On this day in Celtic Woman history, October 22, 2010, Celtic Woman began their first tour of Australia.  The tour has 7 dates between now and November 3rd, 2010.

Another continent knows the joy of seeing them live.  Have fun y'all!
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 07:40PM »

;)On this Day in Celtic Woman History, it was announced that Nicky Bailey would not be in his usual and tremendously supportive role as drummer with the shows in Australia. This is a temporary break, For Nicky, to finish his committments
back home in Ireland. Celtic Woman opened to a rousing crowd in NewCastle, Australia, October 21, 2010. . . .

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 10:12PM »

On this day in Celtic Woman History, October 13, 2010 Celtic Woman Announced that they will be making a new album called "Lullaby" which will feature many Disney songs as well some as old favorites

penguin laminating device

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 07:44PM »

August 24, 2006, a Mongolian yak herder who was relying on Mapquest directions stampedes his rain-soaked, smelly animals through the set during a rehearsal for the Slane Castle concert. The girls are seen delicately waving their arms in an attempt to dissipate the foul odor by their choreographer, who exclaimed "I LOVE it!" Thus the "Orinoco Wave" was born.
Enchanted

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 10:46AM »

August 24, 2006, a Mongolian yak herder who was relying on Mapquest directions stampedes his rain-soaked, smelly animals through the set during a rehearsal for the Slane Castle concert. The girls are seen delicately waving their arms in an attempt to dissipate the foul odor by their choreographer, who exclaimed "I LOVE it!" Thus the "Orinoco Wave" was born.
Cheesy Shocked Grin
LOL
Jennifer
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 07:28PM »

On December 7th, 2009 at 3:42 PM, Sarah (SarahBurkeFan!) posted a video of the Celtic Woman SFTH highlights Youtube video to my Facebook wall.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 10:57PM »

Shocked On this day in C W History, October 29, C W opened in Melbourne, Australia, Victoria....to a wonderful house
     of  a receptive audience. The Theater is over 100 years old having been built in 1914. Located in St. Kilda, a rather
     tony beach suburb, the theater had a high procenium arch, and closely adjacent seating. The following night saw an
     increase of a reception un equalled in many of the concerts where the performers have played to a polite,distant
     audience who clearly enjoyed the songs, but who failed time and time again to show some genuine loud love, cheering
     clapping etc. The Australians did not hold back..and Mairead received her own opening thunderous applause! Ray Fean
     and his partner were greeted with whistles, clapping a cheers which clearly tickled them very much. The C W show
     "Down Under" was a huge success.

shankdee

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 12:29AM »

On this day in Celtic Woman History November 12, 2010...

"Celtic Woman would like to announce that our fantastic singer, Lynn Hilary, has decided to take a break from touring with Songs from the Heart. Lynn has been a phenomenal performer with us for the past 3 years and we will all miss her incredible talent and presence, on and off stage. We would like to take this opportunity to wish Lynn all the best with her future endeavors."

http://www.celticwoman.com/lynns-message/

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: