Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Songs From the Heart CD  (Read 4405 times)
Scott

« on: January 26, 2010, 11:57PM »

Ok I just finished listening to the CD for the first time, and now I should mention a few things.

First, there is the matter of the merchandise itself.  You probably have a choice of getting the standard CD or the 'Deluxe' CD (where I live, a difference in price of $18.99 vs. $25.99).  I opted for the Deluxe partly because I like to support Celtic Woman, and partly because the Deluxe had a bonus track that I have been clamoring for loudly for the last 3 years - Finale.  Also the Deluxe has a cute 18-month calendar and a heart pendant.

Also, there is the matter of expectations.  It's no secret that I have not been entirely pleased with some of the new material chosen for the July 2009 recording.  This is not to say that I had very low expectations for the "Songs From the Heart" release, but... let's just say I had to be wooed by the music, not just by the look of the DVD.  After all, it was the MUSIC of Celtic Woman that I first fell in love with (via their Helix CD), rather than the undeniable visual beauty of the girls.  So... I can safely say that they wooed me.  And then some.  And partly it's because so many of the songs evoked memories from the 2009 tours, from so many unforgettable moments.  I found myself welling up repeatedly during Fields of Gold... The New Ground... Coast of Galicia... You'll Be In My Heart... this CD is already an integral part of me, and I didn't even realize it until today.

And of the new songs that have yet to stand the test of the tours... Nil Se'n La finally reached in and fastened itself onto my being... My Lagan Love is nothing short of gorgeous... and Amazing Grace - one of my favorite spirituals - is captivating and wonderous.

The ladies did it.  Hard to believe, but IMO they surpassed their previous incredible CDs.  The poignant "Songs From the Heart" CD now takes it's place as my favorite CD release from Celtic Woman. Smiley

(Anyone who wants to add their own reviews after mine, feel free. Smiley)

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 07:06AM »

I have the dlx cd and I love it. There are some noticable changes in some of the songs from the DVD though. One is during Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears, Chloe sings both the 1st verse and the refrain. Also in Nil Se La, the drumming is not in the song. A cool bass part, which totally threw me off when listening. Cheesy Other than that I love the CD and the calendar.

Thanks Lindsey
MaryNorth93
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 09:10AM »

I haven't recieved it yet... When it will arrive I'll post an honest review  Cheesy
Scuilly

There can be miracles...When You Believe!!

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 12:32PM »

I also have the deluxe version and I can tell you..I was completely blown away...especially by Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears...it was nice to hear Chloe doing the 1st verse and the chorus. I LOVED IT!

Kelly
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: