Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another bad review link  (Read 8901 times)
richard

« on: February 02, 2010, 06:48AM »

it does seem some poeple are having a problem with the new concert

Masslive.com

http://blog.masslive.com/playback/2010/02/celtic_womans_new_cd_one_of_th.html
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 07:19AM »

I like how the title of this article proclaims SftH one of the worst albums of the year... but didn't the year just start? *sigh* Seems I am forever doomed to be the only person in the room without the power of prognostication.

aislin
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 09:22AM »

That`s ONE person`s opinion. There`s a whole bunch of people here that think very differently and manage to fill theaters and auditoriums to see them and will on this new tour. Are they all wrong?   I DON`T THINK SO!

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
MaryNorth93
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 01:54PM »

That`s ONE person`s opinion. There`s a whole bunch of people here that think very differently and manage to fill theaters and auditoriums to see them and will on this new tour.

Honestly, I've seen many reviews over the intertet, professional and non-professional, of people who didn't like Celtic Woman. And why would it be wrong if you don't like the show? It's al about taste, and why would we discuss taste?  Cheesy
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 02:16PM »

*eye roll* people are entitled to their opinions and I can accept that. I'm just glad that despite a few bad reviews, the girls still have a phenominal amount of support.

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
mishawakafan

A smile a little girl & her Papa will never forget

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 02:40PM »

I kind of like the CD. Wink Grin

howard

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 05:45PM »

Basically it appears he did not like the song choices, did not mention anything about their singing.
I have to agree with Lindsey, how can this be the worst album of the year, year just started.

Oh Well on with the show...
Howard
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:52PM by howard » Logged
bot1tle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 06:30PM »

already posted......
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 06:36PM by bot1tle » Logged
bobh56
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 09:04PM »

I kind of like the CD.

Me too!!!  And, that is all that really matters.
Palmie00

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 12:00AM »

Hahaha, this dude cracks me up. First of all, this CD is completely different from their previous ones. There are new members too. So that part of the article is dismissed. How exactly is Fields of Gold "overly dramatic" ?.....also dismissed. The article gives the CD one star........umm SFTH is #5 on Amazon's sales list and #1 in Borders' sales.......again dismissed !  I know it's only one person's opinion, but they can pretty much take a long walk on a short pier Smiley

KerriC
Honorary Roadie

Ireland must be heaven...for Lisa came from there.

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 12:25AM »

That`s ONE person`s opinion. There`s a whole bunch of people here that think very differently and manage to fill theaters and auditoriums to see them and will on this new tour.

Honestly, I've seen many reviews over the intertet, professional and non-professional, of people who didn't like Celtic Woman. And why would it be wrong if you don't like the show? It's al about taste, and why would we discuss taste?  Cheesy

I agree, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not everyone should make their opinion public as this man's opinion is cleary based on personal preference not on personal experience. These women have not duped the American public with pretty packaging, though they are beautiful they are a lot more than that. They are incredibly talented and their voices are pure and natural unlike a lot of these artists today who have to lip sync during live performances because if they sing they don't sound half as good as their recorded voices. Celtic Woman soloists on the other hand sound just as good live as they do in recordings and it seems effortless.
This guy has really hit a nerve with me and his is one opinion that should've been kept to himself.

Thank you CWLisaFan for helping me get this banner!

Thank you Western_Rose for this awesome banner : )
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 07:10AM »

So that part of the article is dismissed. How exactly is Fields of Gold "overly dramatic" ?.....also dismissed. The article gives the CD one star........umm SFTH is #5 on Amazon's sales list and #1 in Borders' sales.......again dismissed !  I know it's only one person's opinion, but they can pretty much take a long walk on a short pier Smiley

True but alot of other rotten stuff has been a #1 best-seller, can't really dismiss that. Also what you said about FoG is also personal preference.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
MaryNorth93
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 08:04AM »

Hahaha, this dude cracks me up. First of all, this CD is completely different from their previous ones. There are new members too. So that part of the article is dismissed. How exactly is Fields of Gold "overly dramatic" ?.....also dismissed. The article gives the CD one star........umm SFTH is #5 on Amazon's sales list and #1 in Borders' sales.......again dismissed !  I know it's only one person's opinion, but they can pretty much take a long walk on a short pier Smiley

This guy has really hit a nerve with me and his is one opinion that should've been kept to himself.

True but alot of other rotten stuff has been a #1 best-seller, can't really dismiss that. Also what you said about FoG is also personal preference.

To agree with Western_Rose, that Fields of Gold is too dramatic or not, that's personal preference. We're all unique and all have our own taste. Don't we have all a favorite celtic woman and favorite cw-songs? We love all the ladies af course, but nobody can deny that he/she maybe prefers Lisa, or Lynn, or Méav. I'm not a great fan of songs as At The Ceili, and another people aren't the greatest fan of songs as Harry's Game or Lascia Chio Pianga, which are two of my all-time favorite songs of CW.

I once showed a class-mate Send Me A Song.. She said it was one of the most boring songs she ever heard  Shocked Well, that's how she feels that music  Smiley

Music of CW, is definately music with quality, and it bothers me too that dumb rotten stuff reach # 1 But everyone is free to dislike CW.... According to this person, he isn't really saying the music is bad, but according to his taste it should be different.
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 08:45AM »

Very true MaryN, I've ad friends who love CW and some who find it extremely boring, and I just have to live with it because everybody can't have the exact same taste  Cheesy

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
The Impatient New Yorker
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 01:07PM »

My friends from my old school HATE celtic woman. Their reasons: it's not "normal" and they don't know how they are.

I've met Lisa L, Lynn(2x), Susan, Mairead C(2x), Mairead N (2x), Edel, Sarah, Nick, Craig, Anthony, Maggie, and Tommy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: