Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youngest Fan  (Read 12158 times)
Celtic Lass
Total Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 12:45PM »

We can name their new tour "Celtic Woman - New Generation!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

That was funny! But it searsely (sp) could be a new name!!!
Thistle
Total Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 01:41PM »

To get the boys to like CW....I don't know if this will work, but it certainly worked for me....My whole family was watching ANJ and my two little brothers (10 years old and 8 years old) did not like it whatsoever....So I decided to skip to Mo Ghile Mear where Ray and Nicky has the battle drum..and somehow they were so into it....

-James
I wonder what they'd think the pieces where Mairead is playing along with the drummers (Helix or Slane)?

"Listen, my child," you say to me;
"I am the voice of your history!"
Sara

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 01:57PM »

Actually, the boys do like the drums and the fiddle playing on the CD while I'm driving the car. Jack has asked me on a number of occasions "What's that called?" during the upbeat drums and fiddle. I can see him in the rear view mirror moving to the music. Of course when I say Celtic Woman he has no idea of who they are. But it's nice to see he enjoys the music. I don't think he would much attention span for the DVD, but who knows.
James
Total Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 02:01PM »

To get the boys to like CW....I don't know if this will work, but it certainly worked for me....My whole family was watching ANJ and my two little brothers (10 years old and 8 years old) did not like it whatsoever....So I decided to skip to Mo Ghile Mear where Ray and Nicky has the battle drum..and somehow they were so into it....

-James
I wonder what they'd think the pieces where Mairead is playing along with the drummers (Helix or Slane)?

My youngest brother is a BIG Mairead fan!  Wink I remember during Granuaile's Dance he said that she's super cool!  Grin

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 02:14PM »

My neice loves CW and shes 2! She loves Lisa! She always wants to see Lisa or hear her!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 02:30PM by Celtic Child » Logged

Thanks Lindsey
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 02:29PM »

I am slowly converting my grandkids, one at a time.

I am getting my Granddaughter to like country stuff and plan on getting her a pair of western boots. She also is studying the violin. I had her watch ANJ one day when she was over and about 2 weeks later she came over and saw I had it on again and she asked if the fiddle player was on. When I said yes, she sat down and watched. (she is 10)

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
fireyred09
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 02:36PM »

I am slowly converting my grandkids, one at a time.

I am getting my Granddaughter to like country stuff and plan on getting her a pair of western boots. She also is studying the violin. I had her watch ANJ one day when she was over and about 2 weeks later she came over and saw I had it on again and she asked if the fiddle player was on. When I said yes, she sat down and watched. (she is 10)

Jim

Jim, how long has she been playing?
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 02:46PM »

My 4 year old niece loves watching the ANJ DVD.  Her favorite song is Dulaman.  I was watching her last Sunday and she wanted to only watch that song over and over,  finally after the 3rd time I made a deal with her that we would watch Dulaman and then watch another song and then go back to Dulaman.  She now has several other favorite songs too.

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
fireyred09
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 02:48PM »

My 4 year old niece loves watching the ANJ DVD.  Her favorite song is Dulaman.  I was watching her last Sunday and she wanted to only watch that song over and over,  finally after the 3rd time I made a deal with her that we would watch Dulaman and then watch another song and then go back to Dulaman.  She now has several other favorite songs too.

Can I meet your niece?  Cheesy
07-sara
Bodhrán Player

Smile, you never know who's watching.

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 02:50PM »

sure

Happy is what happens, when all your dreams come true!

Sara
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 03:26PM »

Jim, how long has she been playing?

She was introduced last semester in school. Of course summer is crazy so I think she will be working on it again in less tahn a month (when they go back) and she will be in a new school as my son just bought a house. and got them out of an apartment

Jim

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
JEdwards
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 08:48PM »

She said they were princesses living in a castle.

I'd say you have a fairly perceptive four-year-old there. I'm almost embarrassed to say it's startlingly close to what I was thinking the first time I saw them.  Grin (But they do say, "Out of the mouths of babes...")

As for how to convert the boys, folks. One word: Puberty!  Wink
KiernanKate
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 08:52PM »

yep .... sad to say but as soon as puberty hits they would be like ..... omg theyre gorgeous!!

lol and yes I refrained from saying Hot there!!!
Starrgurl

All the things she said running through my head...

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 07:58PM »

Why not say hot? They are hot!

If we all will dare to dream dreams
Of a new and brighter day
If we work to make them come true
We will surely find a way
Sara

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 12:11PM »

Just an update on the Youngest Fan. This morning my daughter told me that Emma is continuing her journey into being captivated with the CD A New Journey. She now constantly wants to hear the CD. I will be babysitting for her tonight and all day tomorrow and have been warned by my daughter that she will absolutely want to watch the DVD again and again (of course that's fine with me). She dresses up like a princess and puts her play guitar over her shoulder like a fiddle while both Emma and her younger sister Amanda dance around the house. When someone comes over, they get the whole show. Guess I will have to get my own CD since she likes it so much. My daughter can’t believe that she is still so infatuated with this. What have I started!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: