Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what was the first song you ever heard celtic woman sing?  (Read 22758 times)
CelticCate

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 01:29PM »

Walking in the air on the first pbs special in december of 2005

IMG_1373.JPG
Gambit

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 02:25PM »

Carol of the Bells on Youtube. 

Thanks for the buttons, Rich!

God bless our troops!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 02:39PM »

MO GHIIILLLLEEE MMEEEAAARRRR!  Hehe!  remember it like it was yesterday!  3am oming in to do private duty at work and my friend who now hooked me on these gilrs the last 5yrs had a new journey on pbs going! I came in and she was like look at these girls named celtic woman w/ there beautiful dresses and beautiful harminizing singing voices! The first thing I saw was mo ghile mear and I was like omg do these girls only sing in irish?? Then she like no they sang a lot of american and a little italian!  The a day or two later it was on again and I caught it from the beggining and I was instantly hooked!  then cam the christmas one and the rest is history! Smiley Smiley Smiley

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 08:12PM »

I think the first song I heard was You Raise Me Up, back in late 06 or early 07, when somebody was flipping through the channels.
Kokoro no Uta

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 11:50PM »

I can't exactly remember. I was doing something on the laptop, and my mom just tuned in to PBS while flipping through the channel and landed on Celtic Woman. I think it was a song from their Christmas concert. Can't remember if it was Christmas Pipes or some other songs.
Victoria33

Lisa, Meav, Orla

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 02:11AM »

Carrikfurgus on ANJ special. I was hooked from then on! Smiley

edanargu

Celtic Woman fan from Mexico!

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 08:35PM »

it was ORINOCO FLOW from THE HELIX DVD

omg! I got Shocked

Celtic Woman do not know borders. They also live inside the heart of a Mexican fan.
IloveyouSarahBurke!! <3
Choir Member

When You Believe~ Chloe:"that was for you" 5/15/15

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 04:18PM »

Danny Boy, from the SFTH PBS special.  I was channel surfing, and I stopped on PBS and was absolutely stunned!!!!!

Thanks Scott! 
I MET CHLOE (6X),LIL' LAMBE (4X)MAIREAD NESBITT(6X)AND SUSAN(6X) MAIREAD CARLIN(4X) ALEX SHARPE,and EABHA!!!!!!!!!!
vanity

A vida é moi curta! Facelo Musical!

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 04:19PM »

"You Raise Me Up" Cheesy

isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 09:11PM »

Siuil A Run.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
Gail

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2010, 12:03AM »

I channel surf a lot, watching PBS much of that time - I ran into the Helix concert part way through. I don't remember which song was being sung when I came into the middle of the concert. My first thought was "What's this ?!!"  I switched channels briefly, came back, realized it was a concert, liked what I heard and saw, and watched it to the end. Needless to say, by the end of it, I was hooked !!!!!
Lisa and Helen fanatic
Bodhrán Player

Lisa K ALWAYS brightens my day no matter what.

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 10:27AM »

Danny Boy from the original CD.

I love my Kelly sisters! Cheesy
Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 11:17AM »

First song of CW I ever heard was "Spanish Lady".  It was recommended, along with the "New Journey" CD, by a member of the Cirque Tribune forum.  The rest, as they say, is history...  Wink

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
Irish CW Fan
Total Fanatic

Paint With All the Colors of the Wind...

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 03:43PM »

No no wait mine was actually Spanish Lady in February 2007. I was just a little bit blown away Smiley

Broadway Baby
Honorary Roadie

Sometime I think, I glimpse eternity <3

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 03:49PM »

The second half of The Call, and then all of Fields of Gold. Smiley My dad was channel surfing and called me down to listen to this group. I was hooked from then on in and watched the SftH PBS special over and over and over every day for weeks! And now I'm proud to say, I have very strong OCCWD for life!!!!!

Lindsey<3

LISA KELLY=<3
My fearsome five and forum family, thank you for everything!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: