Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amy Sings Anthem at Olympic Torch Lighting  (Read 3027 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: December 23, 2009, 08:13PM »

12,000 welcome Olympic flame to Windsor

"The gathering was also treated to entertainment, including a stirring a cappella rendition of Oh Canada sung by Windsor native Amy Rivard."

Click for full story.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Albertan

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 10:12AM »

I didn't hear this at all (Windsor is a couple of thousand miles from Edmonton), but I'm sure she would have done a better job of it than Nikki Yanofsky, who sang the anthem at the opening ceremonies. Nikki did well on the olympic theme song "I Believe", but absolutely butchered the anthem.

Gordon
Maggie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 01:47AM »

I didn't hear this at all (Windsor is a couple of thousand miles from Edmonton), but I'm sure she would have done a better job of it than Nikki Yanofsky....
I'm sure Amy did an outstanding job.

BTW, my Mother's sister emigrated to Canada as a young girl, married and settled in Hamilton.
I think her son lives in Windsor, her 2 daughters live in Hamilton and Burlington.
Kakiya

Alex Sharpe has taught me so much as a performer

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 08:34PM »

12,000 welcome Olympic flame to Windsor

"The gathering was also treated to entertainment, including a stirring a cappella rendition of Oh Canada sung by Windsor native Amy Rivard."

Click for full story.

That was her!?!?

*phone rings* OH! Hold on that's me! *checks phone* OH MY GOD! UMBRIDGE STOP TEXTING ME! ~AVPS (Harry Potter fans) (:

"What did you just say Potter?" "Professor Snape, sir.....I said, YOUR MOM!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: