Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears PBS & DVD version.  (Read 3646 times)
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« on: March 03, 2010, 11:09PM »

At the beginning of the song where the man plays the Uileann Pipe, then Chloe walks up and looks at him and winks. He acknowledges her and the audience. On the PBS broad cast you hear  the audience applause. On the dvd you don’t.  If you taped  PBS show listen to it than compare to dvd.
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:46PM »

It's funny, there were times while watching the DVD I wouldn't hear applause but could have sworn it was there before, and other times I could hear applause but could have sworn it wasn't there before. I just thought it was from me not paying enough attention.  Cheesy But now that you brought it up, Craig, I decided to check it out.

I first set the audio to the way I usually listen to it, in surround sound, and I could hear the applause. Then I switched it to stereo and did not hear applause. I compared it to the PBS version, which was only in stereo (even though it was in HD), and I not only heard applause, but it was louder and lasted longer than it did on the DVD.

I don't know how it happened, or if it was intentional or not. But at least now I know why I would hear it sometimes and other times not.
Shywolf(Craig)
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 12:10PM »

It's funny, there were times while watching the DVD I wouldn't hear applause but could have sworn it was there before, and other times I could hear applause but could have sworn it wasn't there before. I just thought it was from me not paying enough attention.  Cheesy But now that you brought it up, Craig, I decided to check it out.

I first set the audio to the way I usually listen to it, in surround sound, and I could hear the applause. Then I switched it to stereo and did not hear applause. I compared it to the PBS version, which was only in stereo (even though it was in HD), and I not only heard applause, but it was louder and lasted longer than it did on the DVD.

I don't know how it happened, or if it was intentional or not. But at least now I know why I would hear it sometimes and other times not.

Mikey,
I don't have surround set up but do have it on my stereo receiver and is on all the time. Just don't hear it from dvd. Maybe could be production error when being made Huh
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 10:06PM »

It's strange how it does that. Maybe it's just as you said, Craig, just a programming error. Maybe they mixed it wrong for stereo? Who knows.
Gail

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 10:18PM »

I'm watching the Song From My Heart concert again tonight - now that I've seen that great color photo of the girl's in the pastel dresses, I notice the colors more on the concert special. I think it's the lighting they used that make the color look even paler than in that photo.

I LOVE "Isle of Hope, Isle of Fear" - the tune/rhythm of the song are so pretty, and with the immigration story in the words makes me cry now when I hear it. It's been one of my favorites since I first heard it, but it's become more special to me, even though our family came over (from Europe) before Ellis Island opened.

rodzilla

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 07:42PM »

I mentioned this on the OCCWD thread over a year ago...you know you are a real fan if you can notice the differences between the Broadcast and DVD versions of all the concerts.  I notice differences not only in sound but sometimes camera angles and differences between shots.

"Nil Se'n La"--Seize the Day!
gwheatley

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 03:36PM »

Is there an Isle of Hope DVD? I've been looking for one but have been unable to find it. I was under the impression from the discussion on a different thread that an Isle of Hope DVD was unavailable.

I'd rather be outside than in.
White Rose
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 05:38PM »

They're talking about the song Isle of Hope on the Songs From the Heart DVD.

I mentioned this on the OCCWD thread over a year ago...you know you are a real fan if you can notice the differences between the Broadcast and DVD versions of all the concerts.  I notice differences not only in sound but sometimes camera angles and differences between shots.

That is quite fun.
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 12:04PM »

Is there an Isle of Hope DVD? I've been looking for one but have been unable to find it. I was under the impression from the discussion on a different thread that an Isle of Hope DVD was unavailable.

Nope, there isn't a DVD of the Isle of Hope show. What's being talked about here is the song Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears from the SftH DVD.

aislin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: