Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New soundcheck video from Powerscourt (Carolina Rua)  (Read 7864 times)
Melody

« on: March 25, 2010, 01:38AM »

Somebody posted a vid of Lynn & co. performing Carolina Rua during a soundcheck before the Powerscourt show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OM4SksPj2Q
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 10:11PM »

I feel sorry for the crew there, being so close, yet unable to sit and watch Lynn perform live. haha Cheesy

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing!

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 08:32AM »

I watched this a zillion times now!  Yeah lynn, yeah una, yeah helen yeah roisin and yeah all the rest!  They can dance!  They're really good! Love the video! Sorry, I had to post that there dancing looked so cool!  And lynn did a great job too! And someone just posted 4 days ago one of mairead doing soundcheck for one of my fav's coast of Galicia! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8bmI1d03gM

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
CelticWomanFan425
Honorary Roadie

I saw Meav perform for the 1st time on 3/10/15

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 08:37AM »

I JUST got finished watching again it for the billionth time.  Cheesy I wish there was sheet music for Carolina Rua!!!! I play violin and i would LOVE to have the sheet music to it!

I met David Downes,Susan McFadden, Lynn, Lisa K(2x), Eabha, Mairead N, Mairead C, Chloe(2x), Lisa Lambe(2x), Orla, Anthony Byrne & Sarah Gannon, Edel Chan Murphy, Ewan Cowley (2x) & Roisin Dempsey.
Melody

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 01:50AM »

I watched this a zillion times now!  Yeah lynn, yeah una, yeah helen yeah roisin and yeah all the rest!  They can dance!  They're really good! Love the video! Sorry, I had to post that there dancing looked so cool!  And lynn did a great job too! And someone just posted 4 days ago one of mairead doing soundcheck for one of my fav's coast of Galicia! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8bmI1d03gM

Wow I didn't even realize there was one of Mairead!  It looks like she had Lynn & Alex in the audience too  Grin
JRRacing64
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 12:14PM »

Great videos! I believe they were shot by ALCAN1 and were posted on youtube by Capn Davey from the Mairead forum.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 01:16PM »

melody, when I ws watching carolina rua I noticed the one for mairead and watched it! I didn't think anyone else posted it!  I love both bvideos though!  I forgot to mention ALex and Lnn in the audience  Smiley !
 and jr- yes, whoever videotaped those did a really really good job of it!  Those are great!   They coulda used those for behind the scenes!  Wink

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
Kaneyoshi

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 02:00PM »

Two very nice videos. Smiley Smiley Smiley Love both videos Kiss. Brings back rememberance on two beautiful days in Powerscourt Gardens. Unfortunately is this nice song from Lynn not on the DVD. Cry Thanks on Tony for the nice videos an thanks for posting here. 

~~~Ready, all to give, so as to feel once again the sun in my heart~~~
Melody

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 03:39PM »

There's some beautiful pictures of Lynn from the rehearsal here: http://lynnhilaryforum.net/index.php?topic=290.0 if anyone hasn't seen (courtesy of Dave)!
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 07:53PM »

Oh...WowowowoWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWowowowow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Those are two awesome videos! Thank you for posting these!!! Grin

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 07:49PM »

here is on to when you believe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ShVjAV-yk

barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 07:15AM »

cool video! I love that he is posting them one a day!  I love all three of them! I hope he posts some more especially ybimh or the mo ghile mear ending!  awesome! and on a mo ghile mear side note! someone posted a really clear video of a concert posted march 14?? of the girls doing mo ghile mear!  Love the memories though but wondering how the  person didn't get caught? "illegal much?!"  But yet I do say nothing compares to the cleveland concert and I can safely say that was not outr concert venue!  and lynn and alex had there hair noticceably to the left and chloes hair was more curlier!   Cheesy  and just on another side not wow!  Lynn has a strong voice and this is the first time hearing her lead it!  wow! and sarah burkr has a noticelbly big voice to! and I did not notice during the drum solo what the girls were doing! I was paying attention and trying to see and keep track of ray and niki!  Cool okay side tracked!  well, her carolina rua is one of my fav's and she seems to have fun w/ it and quite a voice!! and my mom likes her lagan love! I cetch her listening to it everyday and thats unusual for her she is not a cw fan and listens to sfth everyday straight through!!  Grin Grin oooopps side tracked again!  sorry!

Bluefire
Total Fanatic

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 08:19AM »

Love the memories though but wondering how the  person didn't get caught? "illegal much?!" 

While I wasn't there in Ireland (so take this with a grain of salt), I understand that a number of people were able to take photos during the rehearsals and did so for most of it.  Those who did made it clear that they would not release these images until well after the DVD was released, out of respect the group as to not impede the DVD sales.  To my limited knowledge, they were never approached and told to not do this, despite a large number of personnel present. 

I admit that this surprises me, but some of that may come from the fact that Powerscourt is a tourist location, so picture taking is common.  Hard to say.

And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free!
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 03:33PM »

Love the memories though but wondering how the  person didn't get caught? "illegal much?!" 

While I wasn't there in Ireland (so take this with a grain of salt), I understand that a number of people were able to take photos during the rehearsals and did so for most of it.  Those who did made it clear that they would not release these images until well after the DVD was released, out of respect the group as to not impede the DVD sales.  To my limited knowledge, they were never approached and told to not do this, despite a large number of personnel present. 

I admit that this surprises me, but some of that may come from the fact that Powerscourt is a tourist location, so picture taking is common.  Hard to say.

oh, no I understand the powerscourt thing very much!  I would probablly do the same thing!  If i was electronically inept to do so! Tongue well at least for a memory of something like that! for sure!  And pict's galour!  and yes it is well after the dvd!  but no I was talking bout the mo ghile mear video someone posted from the concert! They are sooo strict on no video taping and picture taking!   :PI do not know how they didn't get caught!  I was told even before when i saw wicked in the same venue as the concert b4 hand not even to take pic of the venue or the stage!  well, I did though but never ever after 2-3 ys posted them anywere but in my camera! But, in retro spect, the video is amazing and it reminds me of the cleveland conert!  even though I am suprised they didn't get caught!  Actually theres a few videos!

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 07:34PM »

oh, no I understand the powerscourt thing very much!  I would probablly do the same thing!  If i was electronically inept to do so! Tongue well at least for a memory of something like that! for sure!  And pict's galour!  and yes it is well after the dvd!  but no I was talking bout the mo ghile mear video someone posted from the concert! They are sooo strict on no video taping and picture taking!   :PI do not know how they didn't get caught!  I was told even before when i saw wicked in the same venue as the concert b4 hand not even to take pic of the venue or the stage!  well, I did though but never ever after 2-3 ys posted them anywere but in my camera! But, in retro spect, the video is amazing and it reminds me of the cleveland conert!  even though I am suprised they didn't get caught!  Actually theres a few videos!

I know what video you are talking about, that must be one nice camera, I want it!

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: