Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June 2010 Newsletter  (Read 38179 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: March 30, 2010, 06:00PM »

Okay, LK fans - put on your thinking caps.  It's time to start submitting questions for the June 2010 issue of The Voice.  To make life a bit easier for Lisa (and for me!) I'm going to institute a couple of new rules this time around.

As always, send your questions to info@lisakellyfan.com and put "June 2010 Q&A" in the subject.

You can ask a maximum of 3 questions, and please format your email as follows:

Your name and/or forum name
A brief sentence or two of greeting
First question
Second question
Third question
One closing sentence

If your email client has a spell checker available, please use it.  Alternatively, you can type your message in a word processing application, spell check it, then copy and paste it into your email.

We've done so many of these now, we're starting to get some repetition.  You might want to check these resources and see if your question has already been asked:

Q&A from Lisa's old forum

The Voice - March 2010

The Voice - December 2009

The Voice - June 2009 *

The Voice - March 2009

The Voice - December 2008

* There was no Q&A in September 2009

The final date for submitting questions will be May 7.  It's Lisa's birthday, so it should be easy to remember!   Cheesy

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
YoungTwins

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:45AM »

We have to start thinking about more questions  Smiley Then write a review from ForumFest Pacific on Lisa's birthday! Grin

Patiently waiting for CW to return to the West Coast Smiley
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:28AM »

By the way - we'll have another delightful little surprise guest interview in the June issue.  Wink

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
celticartzyangel
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 08:42PM »

By the way - we'll have another delightful little surprise guest interview in the June issue.  Wink

Ooh now I really can't wait!!! starting the countdown....NOW!  Smiley
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 08:59PM »

By the way - we'll have another delightful little surprise guest interview in the June issue.  Wink

way to go rich!!!!!!!! keep us haning on till the last min!!

LOL i want my question to be goooooood and fuuuuuuuuny this time!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want lisa to remember ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celtic Woman Fan~AUS

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 06:33AM »

oops I didn't use the format above cause I didn't see it. Also many of my words could be deemed mispelt to you as I am Australian so we have different spellings for alot of things. Sorry about the many more then three questions I ask. I desperately want to know her answer to the tim tam question though. Hope to read some of my questions in the newsletter

Nichole

I have Celtic Woman tickets for , October 22 (Newcastle), October 23 (Sydney) and November 3(Brisbane)

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 07:07PM »

I have one serious note to mention.

We all know that Lisa has a wonderful sense of humor.  She often puts a humorous spin on her replies, even to serious questions.  And anyone who saw the March issue can tell you about her hilarious exchange with Emily.  ("Killer stilettos" - hehehe....)

But The Voice is read by over 2000 members of her fan club, many of whom are not members of any forum.  It is also seen and read by thousands of people around the world.  Word of mouth, I guess.  But that brings up a couple of points.

1.  Many (most?) of those readers don't know Lisa or CW as well as we do.  They read the Q&A in The Voice looking for real answers to real questions.
2.  Lisa's appeal is truly global, and many of her fans are not native English speakers.  (Her fan club has members from nearly 40 foreign countries.)  These people will be completely bewildered by the nuances of American humor.  Lisa "gets us" very well; she's spent so many years touring over here.  The same can't be said of an average person from Turkey or Belarus.

I've seen indications that some forum members are trying to think up some really funny questions to ask Lisa.  I have to warn you that most of them won't appear in the newsletter, because Lisa will never even see them.  I don't mind a few, and there are ways to phrase even a fairly serious question in a humorous way.  But I'm interested in providing a service, as well as an entertainment, so the really silly questions will never be submitted.

Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 07:11PM »

thanks rich! i will go back and think of another question... thought i love to hear her answer to my question i can think of many more

Celtic Woman Fan~AUS

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 07:16PM »

I will have to think of a more serious question as well Smiley

I have Celtic Woman tickets for , October 22 (Newcastle), October 23 (Sydney) and November 3(Brisbane)

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 04:44AM »

I would love to submit a question, but I think they have all been asked! I have to think of something intelligent to say to her if she is at the Meet & Greet tonight instead of standing there looking like a FOOL!

Celtic Woman Fan~AUS

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 05:05AM »

I want to know if any of them played any pranks on each other on April 1

lisakellyfan
Bodhrán Player

Class of 2011! Southeastern Bound!

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 08:56AM »

im thinking of a few questions!!!!

when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 03:43PM »

Sent in my questions! Can't wait until June! Cheesy

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

CWLisaFan
Choir Member

Life is good. :)

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 03:52PM »

We have to start thinking about more questions  Smiley Then write a review from ForumFest Pacific on Lisa's birthday! Grin

That's going to be awesome!  I have to send my questions in!!!!

Feeling so lucky for having met Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, Mairead & Orlagh!!

Ready for Symphony and Believe!!!
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 04:02PM »

oh yea my review is going to be bomb.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: