Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr. Downes at Slane Castle  (Read 12530 times)
Nero Angelo
Honorary Roadie

You will not forget this devil's power!

« on: March 31, 2007, 05:19AM »

While watching A New Journey on DVD for the fourteen-thousandth time (not that I'm complaining, mind), I noticed that, in a few shots, (especially in 'At The Ceili') Mr. Downes looked rather pale, almost sickly, yet in others, he looked, well, radiant. Did anyone else see this?

Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:13PM »

I think it was probably just the lighting at the show, but I'll watch ANJ again, just to make sure. Just another reason to watch the concert, wahoo!

Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 07:07AM »

I noticed that too! Watching it right now!

Thanks Lindsey
Shaharaim

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:25AM »

Keep in mind that the DVD was a two day shoot.  The difference may just be related to footage from one day versus the other.  I highly recommend checking out the extra feature on the DVD that shows the behind the scenes of the planning, preparation and shooting of the concert at Slane.

Ecclesiastes 1:18
     For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
        the more knowledge, the more grief.
Trouble
Bodhrán Player

Play with Fire.

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 05:59PM »

I did! I loved it!

Thanks Lindsey
moonpuppy

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:31PM »

Hi,
I think its the lighting, I love this DVD! Smiley Smiley Cheesy

nsamaster

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 06:40AM »

Yea, it is the lighting.  After watching it for the n'th billion time (no complaints  Grin), I have noticed some scenes the colors are less vibrant and very flat.  As Shaharaim said, this was due to the two day effect and lighting angles.  Still a wonderful DVD.  Besides, I think if Mr. Downes was sick, we would all be worried for his touch of music has affected us all. Smiley
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 04:12AM »

Hello, moonpuppy, I like to say, welcome to the forum. I'm Kimberly, at your service. Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
FireGuyFrank

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 05:05AM »

Lighting can have an impact on how one appears on stage, not to mention television.  If he is lit with white light, such as a spot light, and has not put on make up (or the tone of the make up is a shade lighter than it ought to be), one looks pale.  I always wore at least a base on stage, though when I did television (news in a small market), I did not wear makeup.  I let my stunning blue eyes speak for themselves! <lol>  Cheesy  Wink

FireGuyFrank
McIrish

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:50PM »

It had nothing to do with his health,as just 2 weeks ago he was in great health & great impatience with pbs to get their stuff done & then proceeded to direct the best new Christmas music of the 21st century!!!  Mc
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 08:08AM »

I've seen him in the footage. He's been interviewed in there too of the Celtic Woman New Journey DVD. Isn't this right?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
cjensen

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 10:29PM »

Hi all,
Had the good fortune to meet David at Slane before the concerts.
He looked looked fine especially with such big night to come.

- CJ
CWFan2
Total Fanatic

Love You Always Lisa!!

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 06:00PM »

Lisa, bless her beautiful heart, was a bit of a sickly purple-ish hue in the beginning of ... "The Blessing" ... if anyone noticed. Same as me, after about 60,000 views of "Slane Castle" (seriously), you start to notice things you might not have noticed the first few thousands time through. But, seriously, it's the lighting in certain numbers and in combination with the camera angles, etc, etc. We all know, for instance, that Lisa is not really purple.  Smiley

... Bill

Still And Forever ... Our Angel From Heaven
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 04:41AM »

Wait a minute. I think something is not right. I think the bricks behind Lisa are lit purple. Is that what you said? At least David has gone for many times.

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: