Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman iTunes Essentials  (Read 4312 times)
worldtraveler

« on: April 20, 2010, 01:47PM »

It looks like iTunes (at least the US store) just added an Artist Essentials for Celtic Woman today!  So far, they only have "The Basics" and "Next Steps," but it's interesting to see what songs they included.
Palmie00

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 02:11PM »

That's awesome. I just checked it out. All of the great group numbers are included and some great solos. The only thing negative I would have to say about the song selection is that unless you click on "next step" or "complete set" Máiréad is completely left out. But either way it's great that the girls finally have made iTunes Essentials status which is great......CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS. I think that's a pretty decent accomplishment. The artwork is pretty sweet too; I only wish it was more creative and included Lynn & Alex. This is a good set for any Celtic Woman newcomer.....but make sure to get the complete set  Wink

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 04:28PM »

The artwork is pretty sweet too; I only wish it was more creative and included Lynn & Alex.

The members they included are in more of their recordings

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
Palmie00

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 03:22AM »

The artwork is pretty sweet too; I only wish it was more creative and included Lynn & Alex.

Yes, maybe so, but that wouldn't include Hayley, she has only 2 solo recordings with CW. I just really have a thing for album artwork and think it could be 1000 times better.

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 12:18PM »

Yes, maybe so, but that wouldn't include Hayley, she has only 2 solo recordings with CW. I just really have a thing for album artwork and think it could be 1000 times better.
And Lynn and Alex only have one solo on SFTH, but I'm sure they just said that's a good picture we'll use that! And yes it could have been more creative.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
worldtraveler

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:26PM »

I also found it odd that there are no Máiréad solos in "The Basics" - and that she isn't on the artwork either!  I must also say that I'm surprised "Dúlaman" isn't in "The Basics" either, but overall, I think the song representation is pretty good.
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 09:05AM »

anybody knows the tracklist of this collection? I cannot find it online...

rfcw
Honorary Roadie

Alex Lynn as next guest DVD, Susan LL next Castle

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 09:57AM »

I don't see anything saying basics > Lynn and Alex are under the popular videos. On the Artist part Hayley is mentioned, other people kind of funny, not even Lisa Kelly is listed..

Down the winding road where my Caranua\'s/CW GEMS are!<br /><br /><br />[img]https://thumb.ibb.co/d0ovKv/FB_IMG_15025
CelticFan98

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 04:47PM »

https://itunes.apple.com/us/mix/celtic-woman/id365857863
All I found was the date of publication of the album
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 02:09AM »

That's what I found as well. Maybe someone on the forum bought it way back in 2010 and can help us out

Dan

Éireannach

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 09:15AM »

iTunes Essentials are just playlists that a musical editor of some kind compiles with certain tracks meant to give the listener an introduction, meatier songs, or "deep cuts" that only the truest of fans would typically listen to. The CW one had nothing new.

20 June 2007-Portland, ME
22 March 2012-Manchester, NH
2 March 2013-Portland, ME
30 May 2014-Bangor, ME
28 March 2015-Portland, ME
28 June 2016-Lowell, MA
9 April 2017-Portland, ME
4 April 2018-Portland, ME
Danny

Boys will be boys.

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 09:51AM »

I knew that, that was the concept of iTunes Essentials back then... I was wondering, which tracks had been chosen
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:53AM by Danny » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: