Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman at Limerock  (Read 3160 times)
JRRacing64
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:04PM »

It's been quite a while since I posted anything new here so I thought I'd break the Ice with a quick little video of my Celtic Woman Indycar making a lap around Limerock park to a little Mo Ghile Mear. Enjoy Smiley

Click Me
Kevin R.I.
Featured Soloist

my two favorite green eyed ladies

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:25AM »

Wow, Lime Rock Park, haven`t been there in years.Did get to see Paul Newman race there....stood right next to him in the pit area.

thanks EVI

Hi Kev, I sneeked into your account as you know, wanted to say: love you!!!!

Love, Evi.
JRRacing64
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 09:06AM »

Wow, Lime Rock Park, haven`t been there in years.Did get to see Paul Newman race there....stood right next to him in the pit area.
Cool! Paul Newman was one of the greats in racing. It's to bad he past away not to long ago. Would have loved to see him race.
greenfire6
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 09:43AM »

Thanks Jeff! I watched it in HD and it's very cool!
CWPride

LYNN AND LISA ROX MY SOX!!!! :)

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 05:21PM »

That is very cool!!!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 05:31PM »

Thanks Jeff. At least I wasnt driving that car

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 09:11PM »

Loved the video! It combined 2 of my favorite things.  Cheesy
JRRacing64
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 06:10AM »

Thanks guys, glad you liked it. I have a little more for you. This time at Indianapolis, Road America, and Monza. Set to Nil Se La and True Colors. Enjoy Smiley

Click Me

JRRacing64
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 12:27PM »

I couldn't go by with doing these laps in the Celtic Woman indycar without completing a lap at a track in Ireland. This one is at Ireland's only International racing circuit, Mondello Park in Naas, Ireland. "The Coast of Galicia" in the Background

Click Me

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 08:00PM »

Awesome vids! I had no idea Monza had an oval. Interesting layout.

I didn't know Ireland had a track, either! It's cool that they have one!
JRRacing64
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 04:13PM »

The oval at Monza use to be one of the worlds fastest tracks. but the layout that used the oval was discontinued in 1961 in Grand Prix racing. The Banking is still there at the current track facility,  but is in bad disrepair and is mostly a tourist attraction.

It's most prominatly displayed in the 1966 movie Grand Prix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO4PifwXyiw
greenfire6
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 08:29PM »

As a polite (yeah right) 16 year old I loved the movie Grand Prix. A few nights ago we (my wife and I) watched (or tried to watch) it again. Funny! I didn't remember all the terribly borish "relationships and infidelity" stuff.  Sad

Back on topic the track in Ireland looks cool. I think the World Superbike Series and the Moto GP Series should have an annual stop there.  Cheesy

Zaroom, zarooooom!  Wink
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 11:11PM »

The oval at Monza use to be one of the worlds fastest tracks. but the layout that used the oval was discontinued in 1961 in Grand Prix racing. The Banking is still there at the current track facility,  but is in bad disrepair and is mostly a tourist attraction.

It's most prominatly displayed in the 1966 movie Grand Prix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO4PifwXyiw

That's a pretty awesome video. Thanks for the link and the history. I didn't know Europe had high-banked ovals that long ago, I thought they were all made recently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: