Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies that never used their accounts?  (Read 4383 times)
Integrity.Love.Unity.
Bodhrán Player

So let's go on, let's go on, on and on for love

« on: April 23, 2010, 01:42PM »

Move this if this is in the wrong place, lock or delet if this doesn't work, but I was wondering if you were planning on doing anything with the newbies that never activated their accounts? I mean, to me it's kinda stupid to leave them there, taking up space on the website.

Just curious, doesn't matter, really, something I've been wondering since I joined (two yrs ago, or whatever)

Thanks
GiGi

Mad Máiréad Love
Total Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 04:28PM »

I wondered about the same thing when I was reading throught all the names of members, I was suprised at the number of people who had zero posts.

Without a Caledonia to miss and love I wouldn't be a Carolina Rua.
[zt] Music <3

I love Lynn :)

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 03:46PM »

Sorry if that refers to me, because my old membership on my old laptop was ZhongTing with no spaces. And i never posted and couldnt now becasue I have a new e-mail.
So I made a new membership, with meloboe first, but then when i looked through the members list, and saw ZhongTing, I remembered that was me, so In changed my username to Zhong Ting with a space.
So yeah, i don't know what to do.

Good Question GG

OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 06:56AM »

Move this if this is in the wrong place, lock or delet if this doesn't work, but I was wondering if you were planning on doing anything with the newbies that never activated their accounts? I mean, to me it's kinda stupid to leave them there, taking up space on the website.

Just curious, doesn't matter, really, something I've been wondering since I joined (two yrs ago, or whatever)

Thanks
GiGi

Okay, I'm going to reply to this publicly, so everyone will know how I feel about it.

Yes, we have forum members with zero posts. Every forum does.  Some people like to join a forum so they'll have full access to all boards, but simply aren't interested in posting.  Others register and then forget all about it, or lose interest and move on.  Does that interfere in any way with your ability to log in, navigate, post, or enjoy the forum?  No. It has no effect on you at all.  What space are they taking up?  A couple of lines in a database, and a line in the members list.  Are we supposed to just delete all accounts with no posts?  How about members who haven't used their accounts in a year or two?  How about members who openly question our policies and tell us we're "kinda stupid?"

Sorry if that refers to me, because my old membership on my old laptop was ZhongTing with no spaces. And i never posted and couldnt now becasue I have a new e-mail.
So I made a new membership, with meloboe first, but then when i looked through the members list, and saw ZhongTing, I remembered that was me, so In changed my username to Zhong Ting with a space.
So yeah, i don't know what to do.

Good Question GG

We don't allow more than one account per member. Never have, never will.  Occasionally, one slips past us.  If you have more than one account, you are in violation and may lose membership privileges.

And no, it was not a good question.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
[zt] Music <3

I love Lynn :)

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 08:07AM »

Ok,
I am sorry for saying it was a good quetstion.
I am sorry that I have 2 memberships,. but one of them does not work, because I had that one with an old email, which I don't have anymore.
If you would like you could delet ZhongTing(the one withnot space between) not Zong Ting(without the space)

Thank you, andI apologize.
Mel

aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 05:48PM »

Thanks
GiGi

A bit more on this, from the webmistress point of view. When you buy hosting space you buy a set amount of both disk space on the server as well as bandwidth. The forum has never had any problems size wise, but it does eat bandwidth like a 4 year old with a cookie. So, for us, it's not a problem to leave them on here.

aislin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: