Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Celtic Woman in a french journal!  (Read 1846 times)
dudalak
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:25AM »

Hello everybody!

I do not know if you know or knew it, but Celtic Woman is in the cultural page of L'Orient Le Jour, a french journal.
Here is the link:

http://www.lorientlejour.com/category/Culture/article/654706/%3C%3C+Celtic_Woman+%3E%3E,__les_femmes_faites_bardes.html

There is nothing SO special about them... The woman wrote something about them, but she is introducing them to french people. I am trying to translate it into portuguese (www.celticwomanbr.wordpress.com - a brazilian fansite) and, if you want to, I can try to translate it into english.
But as I said, there is nothing special, she is kinda introducing Celtic Woman to french people and talking about the songs, the way Máiréad plays, the way they sing and represent the irish culture and the new show.
She seemed to like it and the fan who sent me it said that french people are not the one who supports other kinds of music (they prefer to like french music), they are too patriots.
But anyway, Celtic Woman has "arrived" in France (I do not know if you say like this when they start to be known in another countries), but isn't it good?
They are becoming more famous each day.

I am REALLY sorry for my bad english...
Dinozzzo
Honorary Roadie

The biggest French Fan

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:05AM »

Shocked I'm so glad about this ! I'm French and read something about Celtic Woman in French that so amazing.

03/06/2010 : Wallingford, CT, United States
06/28/2011 : Hamburg, Deutschland
09/23/2011 : Paris, France
05/17/2012 : Dusseldorf, Deutschland
10/23/2013 : Amsterdam, The Netherlands
dudalak
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:29PM »

Dinozzo, really?

Yes, it must be incredible to see something about them in a journal... One day The Sky, The Dawn and the Sun was played in a tv program, but I really think that going to their shows is the only way to make people write about them

PS: I am a GREAT fan of France, my dream is to go to your country =)
scath4

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:48PM »

It's actually a French-language newspaper from Lebanon, not from France.
aholinka

Axel Holinka, Webmaster 'chloe-agnew.com'

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 02:39PM »

I can't view the article!!!

Several network timeouts during the last 3 hours ... server not responding!

Axel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: