Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW in movie soundtrack  (Read 7870 times)
OldFatGuy
Bodhrán Player

« on: August 02, 2007, 05:08AM »

The Winston-Salem Journal published the following item.  I'm pasting it in here because these articles have a way of disappearing quite suddenly from their original web sites.

Out of Our Minds Animation Studios in Winston-Salem has signed Geoffrey Holder as the narrator for its feature film, The Magistical. It has also hired Bobby McFerrin, Gaelic Storm and Celtic Woman to provide music for the soundtrack.

Holder, who won Tony Awards for his work as director and costume designer for the stage version of The Wiz, provided narration for the 2005 film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

The Magistical is the first full-length animated film from Out of Our Minds, which has offices on Fourth Street. It’s a fairy tale with dragons and mystics and focuses on a boy who has to save the people he loves. The studio expects to finish the film and have it ready for distribution in the fall.

Actors providing voices for the film include Megan Blake, Beth Bostic, Lee Strickland, Debra Terry, Stan Bernstein, Ray Collins, Gene Johnson and Ashley Summerrow. Several of them are locals.

Other musicians providing songs for The Magistical are La Bottine Souriante from Quebec, and New Orleans’ John Autin, Theresa Andersson, Big Daddy-O, Danny Rubio and Rick Trolsen.

If it hasn't been removed, the original article can be found by clicking this link.

If anyone has my r_ropes@bellsouth.net email address saved, you can delete it. I got tired of subsidizing AT&T.
Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 05:52AM »

I wonder what song they will use. Or will they record a whole new song.

"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord all the earth" Psalm 100:1
KILARNEY06

Some F.O.O.L.S never learn

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 06:55AM »

I hope it is new stuff. But we know it wil be Beautiful whether old or new.

I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself.
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 06:55AM »

Rich, thanks for posting that! Great news for our girls - hope it will lead to other soundtrack possibilities for them. Now we need the music industry to recognize the enormous talents these ladies possess - a Grammy nomination, for example.

Susan Z

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
Celeste

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 08:21AM »

[NOTE: I originally posted this in a different board, and then, this post was moved into this thread.]

Here's an interesting bit of news. According to this article,

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_RelishArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352207367&path=!entertainment!general!&s=1037645508970

Celtic Woman will be featured in the soundtrack for a forthcoming animated film titled The Magistical.

Out of Our Minds Animation Studios in Winston-Salem has signed Geoffrey Holder as the narrator for its feature film, The Magistical. It has also hired Bobby McFerrin, Gaelic Storm and Celtic Woman to provide music for the soundtrack.

There's a trailer for the film here:

http://www.themagistical.com/trailer.html

I can't say I'm overly fond of the character animation, although the backgrounds are amazing. If you listen closely, you'll hear Chloe's "Walking in the Air" in the soundtrack of this trailer. CW is also noted on the site's "Music" page.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:44PM by Celeste » Logged

fireyred09
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 08:45AM »

Well, I can't say the movie doesn't look a little... err... strange, but the fact that Chloe is in it made it worth it! Thanks for posting!
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 12:41PM »

Very cool!  Yet another thing to save for when it's released LOL

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 01:04PM »

That trailer with this song must be the animation, huh? Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 03:21PM »

Winston Salem? Sweet!

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 04:49PM »

hmmm Walking in the Air was kinda weird in the trailer

Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 06:50PM »

I cut out the article from the paper, I'll see if I can get it to scan (my scanner's messed up).

Hannah

willow-jeeves
Honorary Roadie

Reaction on CWF when Isle of Hope CD comes out

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 02:11AM »

That looks like it's going to be good, especially with CW music in it.  I like the fact that the characters look original, not just some retread of other movies.   Smiley  Smiley

Thanks, Wickie!

"I never made promises lightly,
And there have some that I have broken,
But I swear in the days still left,
We will walk in Fields of Gold." ~ Sting
Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 04:34AM »

If you could make-up more trailers with Celtic Woman songs, I can say they sound miraculous. Cool Wink Cool Wink

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
epicwolf

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 04:17PM »

Wasn't lisa "May it Be" was part of the soundtrack for Lord of the Rings?  Huh  So this wasnt the first Movie CW have finger prints on right?

Western_Rose
Total Fanatic

A Dark Haired Girl

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 05:09PM »

Enya sang and I believe wrote May It Be for The Lord Of The Rings

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: