Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chloe DRAWING  (Read 3751 times)
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« on: May 09, 2010, 06:33PM »

AHHH my first attempt at DRAWING Chloe!!!!  it actually looks like a person!!!  Cheesy click for bigger

Smileyirish14
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 08:11PM »

I love it! And your signature looks like mine! Does your name start with an A? Because I use a star for the A.

Check the alignment - middle of the brow to the nose to the mouth to the chin, corner of lips to center of eye, etc. But that's really good at seeing what you draw, not what you already know about a face.  And I love the hair! I suck at hair and usually resort to my gel pen to clean up the smudgy mess.  I suggest since you have what most people can't get down - just making it look like a real face - you should focus on individual things. Like making the eyebrows detailed, how eyes catch light and shadows, shadows on lips, highlights and lowlights on hair,  and the shadows on the structure of the face.  Once you get really good at doing the little details, drawing faces and likenesses will come naturally. Just lots and lots of practice!
Godshorsegirl
Bodhrán Player

My fiddle is tuned for playing!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 08:40PM »

We should work on a picture together... I love to do hair! I could sit and draw hair all day long! Cheesy  and thanks for the info!  I usually only do graphics and dont know what possessed me to try another portrait because the last one of Lisa stunk! Cheesy  I guess it has to do with the last one I did was in pencil and this was with my photoshop tablet... I dont know =P   I should just do a whole page of eyes then of lips then of noses (AHH! the dreaded nose!)

lisaholic nr1
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 02:55AM »

Aah nice! Wink
JRRacing64
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:21AM »

AHHH my first attempt at DRAWING Chloe!!!!  it actually looks like a person!!!  Cheesy click for bigger

That's pretty good! Smiley
Smileyirish14
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 01:08PM »

We should work on a picture together... I love to do hair! I could sit and draw hair all day long! Cheesy  and thanks for the info!  I usually only do graphics and dont know what possessed me to try another portrait because the last one of Lisa stunk! Cheesy  I guess it has to do with the last one I did was in pencil and this was with my photoshop tablet... I dont know =P   I should just do a whole page of eyes then of lips then of noses (AHH! the dreaded nose!)

This is my art post, but I've been really lazy lately... http://celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=12545.msg462096#msg462096
I need to catch up and put up my new pictures! And I need to scan them too, lol.

I just get really lazy with the hair.... I suppose if I took time maybe it'd look better.  I like drawing people best, though, so I'll never stop trying!

Kimberly AJ
Choir Member

Chloë Agnew will always be my VBIF forever~!

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 02:21PM »

Does that mean you'll have to take your time?

LOOK OUT! ROGUE ROBOTS!
Smileyirish14
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 02:41PM »

I.... Think so?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: