Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex to take full time break  (Read 60388 times)
Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2010, 08:55PM »

I'm also not sure I accept Alex's given reasons at face value

Well, I can vouch for Alex and her reason that she wanted to be back home with her family full time. That is the real and only reason she chose to leave the group.

Thansk, Elizabeth. Smiley Your perspective is really nice and helpful here!

I totally believe Alex's reasons. It makes perfect and complete sense to me and I can't say I blame her.

Like I said before, all the best to Alex!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
Katharine
Bodhrán Player

Believe :-)

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2010, 08:57PM »

As most people have said, this is definitely sad news, but I hope Alex knows that we all will continue to support her no matter what her future decisions may be!  I'm going to miss her, and I am so glad I got to see her with Celtic Woman, though I am very sad that I never got to meet her.  I do hope I get to in the future. 

Alex,

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful gift with all of us!  Smiley You are truly one talented woman, and we will miss you! 

Love,

Katharine

Thank you, Dayna, for my awesome banners!!
aislin
Administrator
Total Fanatic

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2010, 09:00PM »

And can I, as a member, make a small request? Can we not speculate on who is gonna fill her spot and if such and such person is coming back, etc. etc.? Let's just leave it up to CW and wish Alex the best. Smiley Smiley

I'LL 2ND THIS REQUEST!!!!

I THIRD IT!

We've never allowed speculation about CW. It doesn't do anyone any good and it causes all types of problems when people read things as fact instead of conjecture.

aislin
Kakiya

Alex Sharpe has taught me so much as a performer

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2010, 09:03PM »

I knew this was coming. I mean, she has a young son and missing him growing up and being apart from him for so long would be hard and heartbreaking. It's for the better, and I totally understand. But forever she will be part of the Celtic Woman, remember, "Once a Celtic Woman, always a Celtic Woman"

I never got to meet Alex. I raised money to go to the show, but my mom wouldn’t let me go. It's depressing, but we'll hear more of Alex someday again. She is a wonderful woman and is my role model for great reasons and I look up to her to pursue my dreams and reach my goals.

She may not read this, but I thank her for everything she has done.

Thank you Alex Sharpe for showing and teaching me how to keep my head held high, push through it all and reach towards my dream. You are a great role model and inspiration to not only young girls like me.

Thank you
Beck

*phone rings* OH! Hold on that's me! *checks phone* OH MY GOD! UMBRIDGE STOP TEXTING ME! ~AVPS (Harry Potter fans) (:

"What did you just say Potter?" "Professor Snape, sir.....I said, YOUR MOM!"
Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2010, 09:45PM »

First, I want to thank Alex for being a part of the group. You rock! Good luck ! Hope to see you perform again someday.

Second, and I have said this before now and then. Maybe ex-members who don't wish to be committed to such a long tour away from family, home, and other projects can get together and do a short tour, like maybe a 25 city USA tour over maybe a 6-8 week period. We have 5 former members now right? Alex, Orla, Meav, Hayley, and Deirdre. So, if say 3 were to team up and tour (again a brief tour) it could be fun for us fans and good for them too, give them a chance to make a few dollars and sell their solo CDs.

Third, I am not surprised by Alex departure. But I am surprised by the timing and lack of a 5th member for the summer tour. The show is set for 5, now they have to adapt. Can they adapt? Sure, they are professionals, I know they will come up with something thats great, as they always do. Its gonna seem very different though, but it will still be great. 

Also, I hope Alex will work on a CD and that CW will allow her to include the heart is home again song. It would be a shame if that doesnt get recorded and sold to us fans somehow.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2010, 09:50PM »

Third, I am not surprised by Alex departure. But I am surprised by the timing and lack of a 5th member for the summer tour. The show is set for 5, now they have to adapt. Can they adapt? Sure, they are professionals, I know they will come up with something thats great, as they always do. Its gonna seem very different though, but it will still be great. 

This is an assumption...they haven't said they won't have a 5 member line-up, only that Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, and Mairead will still be with the SFTH tour.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
isle of hope
Total Fanatic

Máiréad rocks!

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2010, 09:59PM »

Good luck with everything, Alex.  You will be missed.

Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal.
Siew

Good Day, folks. ;)

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2010, 10:03PM »

My heart had crashed Alex, we miss you lots! I hope my dreams will come true to hear you coming back. T.T ;(

Cash
Honorary Roadie

carry me...on the waves

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2010, 10:09PM »

This is an assumption...they haven't said they won't have a 5 member line-up, only that Lisa, Lynn, Chloe, and Mairead will still be with the SFTH tour.
true. I should not have leaped to that assumption. I was thinking they just dont have a lot of time to find and train a newbie for a tour thats only about 8 weeks away. But they probabaly knew this in advance (yes an assumption again, but a fair one I think) and already have a plan in place, choosing to wait until the end of tour to make the announcement, which is the right thing to do.

Home is behind, The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread, Through shadow, To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight.
when_rain_falls
Bodhrán Player

5/7/10 ~ When You Believe!

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2010, 10:35PM »

I was really and truely shocked when I found out that Alex was leaving...Of course, we can all understand her reasons for wanting to be with her family and I wish her all the happiness. Alex will forever have a place in my heart, she'll never be forgotten. I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to see her perform live twice. She's a gem. Smiley

Loving you, Alex, and wishing you the best in life!

Love,

Michaela

I met Chloë and Lynn on May 7th, 2010!!! Grin Grin Grin   

t_eric

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2010, 10:38PM »

Wow, this is a shocker. Cry But Alex, I completely understand and respect your decision to spend your time with your family. I have seen you perform 3 times, and each was truly a gift and one of the best nights of my life. Thank you for bringing your warm personality and stage presence as well as your wonderful and unique voice to the show. You will be very missed. Cry I wish you the best of luck!!! Smiley

Eric
The Quiet Man

« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2010, 10:44PM »

I'm also not sure I accept Alex's given reasons at face value

Well, I can vouch for Alex and her reason that she wanted to be back home with her family full time. That is the real and only reason she chose to leave the group.

With respect, I don't think Alex discusses her career decisions with fans in any detail, even if she is friendly with them, any more than any of the attorneys I've known goes into detail about career choices.  Most either give a pat answer or refuse to discuss them.  I myself have brushed off inquiries, though I rarely get nasty about it unless the person doesn't take the hint.  I don't doubt this is AMONG the reasons.  I also believe, as I do with most things, that there's usually a story behind what we're hearing.  I'm not saying we need to go digging into whatever the story might be, in fact I think it's good that the media DOESN'T go digging around behind the scenes with CW, I just believe there's usually more than what you hear or are told.  And I don't think believing that makes me less a fan or less a supporter.
shankdee
Honorary Roadie

"We were all talking about you" said Lisa Kelly

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2010, 10:50PM »

Dearest darling Alex,
Although you've now been with Celtic Woman for three wonderful years, this is only my first year being such a true fan of the group. But I could not possibly be more ecstatic and grateful that you were one of those five original girls that first pulled my heart into loving the group as much as I do today. And having the once-in-a-lifetime chance to see you live for the first and only time with the group this year has truly been a blessing. I cannot find the words to thank you enough. Your voice will forever be treasured and remembered in Songs from the Heart, and it will be the wonderful feeling that every single person gets when they see your smiling face come on the screen, or hear your breath taking voice come on the CD, that will let all know that you made more of an impact than you will ever imagine by joining the group in the first place. I personally have been forever deeply touched by your voice, your personality, your laughter, your joy, and your mere presence more than I can ever say. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I wish you absolutely nothing less than the best for you, your family, and your career in the future. I so hope to see your smiling face somewhere new very soon.
Good luck, and thank you always <3
-Lindsey E.
(Broadway Baby)

B BABY  says it all for me, too!  So happy and elated I got to meet you in Denver last summer and you talked with us then about him
           and I gave him my little flag...etc..Lord, woman, what will we do without you? The birds won't sound as sweet with your sweet
           voice gone silent...but ENJOY your time with your family, church and hope you will cut an album soon because your fans
            will support it 100%..God Bless
Carla

Thanks For my Beautiful Deirdre Banner...GodsHorseGirl* * *
Scott

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2010, 11:18PM »

This is a sad day... but I am glad that Alex will have time with family (I myself right now know how important that is).  Alex, you totally won me over with several unforgettable moments at Red Rocks last year and at Roanoke this year... best of luck in all your endeavors, and please know that we love you very much!!!

Ebby

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2010, 04:02AM »

Good luck Alex with whatever the future may bring.  You will be missed.

I miss Lynn!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: