Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex to take full time break  (Read 60382 times)
Kelli
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2010, 04:21PM »

Does anyone know who's gonna fill her spot?

I'm pretty sure it'll be Orla, she said before she left that she would return after IOH/SFTH

Orla has no intention of returning to Celtic Woman.

Visit Órla's Garden, a fansite for Órla Fallon!

What's important often does not stand out but is simply standing quietly.   :  Noah benShe
Hannahlmatt
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2010, 04:23PM »

I will definitely miss Alex. I saw her at one of her first CW concerts while Lisa was on maternity leave. She's a great performer, I wish her luck in all of her other ventures! I understand why she's leaving, family is a lot more important!

It almost looks as if it's just Lisa, Chloe, Mairead, and Lynn touring this summer.
From CW's website:
The 'Songs from the Heart' Summer Tour in North America and our Australian Tour, will continue to feature the phenomenal vocalists Lisa, Lynn & Chloë, alongside the awe-inspiring Celtic violinst, Máiréad.

Charlie Brock

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2010, 04:24PM »

Alex Premires in Dallas.... A look at the concert and time to cherish the moments since that Special event. Alex like all of the girls, has given her grace and talents to us for just over two years, and has earned Love and Respect from coast to coast. Now it's time we celebrate her departure as a symbol of success, and free her to join the Family that shared her with us.
Sláinte

http://www.celticwomanforum.com/index.php?topic=3587.msg121910#msg121910
Broadway Baby
Honorary Roadie

Sometime I think, I glimpse eternity <3

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2010, 04:32PM »

Dearest darling Alex,
Although you've now been with Celtic Woman for three wonderful years, this is only my first year being such a true fan of the group. But I could not possibly be more ecstatic and grateful that you were one of those five original girls that first pulled my heart into loving the group as much as I do today. And having the once-in-a-lifetime chance to see you live for the first and only time with the group this year has truly been a blessing. I cannot find the words to thank you enough. Your voice will forever be treasured and remembered in Songs from the Heart, and it will be the wonderful feeling that every single person gets when they see your smiling face come on the screen, or hear your breath taking voice come on the CD, that will let all know that you made more of an impact than you will ever imagine by joining the group in the first place. I personally have been forever deeply touched by your voice, your personality, your laughter, your joy, and your mere presence more than I can ever say. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I wish you absolutely nothing less than the best for you, your family, and your career in the future. I so hope to see your smiling face somewhere new very soon.
Good luck, and thank you always <3
-Lindsey E.
(Broadway Baby)

Lindsey<3

LISA KELLY=<3
My fearsome five and forum family, thank you for everything!!
Anderpaw
Total Fanatic

Love the pipes!

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2010, 04:34PM »

Wow, didn't see that one coming! Alex has my full support in all of her future endeavors. I am honored that I was able to meet her just a few weeks ago. She is a delightful person, a beautiful lady and fun to meet. I will miss her stage presence and her beautiful voice.

Emily!
Honorary Roadie

Mission Accomplished :)

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 04:36PM »

Saw this while in class and had to keep my jaw from dropping open in front of my professor!

It's surprising, since she's the "newest" girl, but at the end of day not as surprising to me. Family always, always comes first.

I've had Alex at EVERY M&G I've been to, so I have had the pleasure of chit-chatting with her. She's a sweetie and will be missed! I will miss hearing "My Heart Was Home Again."

And can I, as a member, make a small request? Can we not speculate on who is gonna fill her spot and if such and such person is coming back, etc. etc.? Let's just leave it up to CW and wish Alex the best. Smiley Smiley

We love you, Alex!! Smiley

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."
celticartzyangel
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 04:41PM »

awww... Alex you will be missed!! I guess I'll never be able to get to see her in concert with Celtic Woman....  Cry  Cry  Cry
Zo

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 04:42PM »

And can I, as a member, make a small request? Can we not speculate on who is gonna fill her spot and if such and such person is coming back, etc. etc.? Let's just leave it up to CW and wish Alex the best. Smiley Smiley

I'LL 2ND THIS REQUEST!!!!

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH....FOREVER FRIENDS
Ganconagh

Resistance is futile

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 04:43PM »

I'LL 2ND THIS REQUEST!!!!

I THIRD IT!

"Face piles of trials with smiles.  It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free."
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 04:48PM »

i fourth it!!

worldtraveler

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 04:57PM »

Oh, wow!  Alex, you will truly be missed.  Thank you for everything you've done during your years with Celtic Woman!
yellow rose

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 05:50PM »

my first reaction was what!! *faint* but i agree family comes first!! she will defiantly be missed Cry Cry i hope that her family is OK. she has such a presence about her that will not be forgotten. i too hope she might find time to make a CD that would be soo cool!! Grin Grin hint hint Wink he he. i wish her the best Kiss
YR
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:29PM by yellow rose » Logged

TheWhite~Rose
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 06:00PM »

I will dearly miss Alex, but I'm very very glad I got to see her perform at least once.  I was hoping I'd get to see her perform again. Sad  However, I know she will go very far in her musical career and I wish her the best of luck. Cheesy  So, now, I would like to say, Thank you for being with Celtic Woman, Alex.  It was a real joy. <3
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:23PM by TheWhite~Rose » Logged
Jennifer
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2010, 06:03PM »

Alex... I'll miss you Cry
Iluvcelticwoman
Featured Soloist

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2010, 06:04PM »

Alex you have touched the lives of so many of us! I am one of the lucky ones who has seen you perform since the beginning!! I am very sad to hear to you will no longer be touring with Celtic Woman but I wish you nothing but happiness in whatever you decided to do. I love you so much and i wish you the best in your life!...

"you'll be in my heart from this day on now and forever more"... ? ?

? Rachel (Iluvcelticwoman)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: