Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex to take full time break  (Read 60379 times)
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2010, 06:11PM »

I knew this was coming, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. I fully understand and support Alex's desire to spend more time with her family, however, I am very sad to hear she is leaving before the summer tour. Thank you for sharing a part of yourself with us Alex. You will be missed by all!

Love,
Elizabeth

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
auntie

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2010, 06:41PM »

I was saddened to read of Alex's 'retirement'. It is truly a loss. However, I can appreciate the reason of spending more time with her family. The schedule the women are on is decidedly taxing.
I don't know if they have considered a replacement but I wish CW continued success. And a blessing for Alex as she moves in a different direction.
barb kantartzis
Total Fanatic

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2010, 06:44PM »

oh that is a shocker  Sad  Alex will be missed dearly, and I fell so privilged to have seen her perform not just once but twice, and get her autograph!  Family is very important and she prob. felt like this was the right time and i respect that!  Plus I would definately buy her cd if she recrds one!  I'd be the first in line! I do wonder a little bit though who David is going to have now?? since the summer tour is coming up!  But I sure who ever she may be will be wonderful just like Alex, i'm sure!

I I I I hear your voice on the wind, and I I I I hear you call out my name, listen my child you say to me I am the voice of your history be not afraid come follow me answer my call and i'll set you frrreeeee!!!!!!!
zankoku
Bodhrán Player

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 06:46PM »

The 'Songs from the Heart' Summer Tour in North America and our Australian Tour, will continue to feature the phenomenal vocalists Lisa, Lynn & Chloë, alongside the awe-inspiring Celtic violinst, Máiréad.

Sounds to me like Alex will not be replaced at least for the summer tour.

"Never again shall one generation of veterans abandon another."

For those who fought for it, Freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

A Thiarna, déan trócaire
A Chríost, déan trócaire
A Thiarna, déan trócaire
SusanZ
CWF Global Moderator
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2010, 07:05PM »

First of all, I would like to compliment all the forum members who have responded with such grace to Alex's departure from Celtic Woman. I know it has been a blow to all of us who have come to respect and love Alex . However, everyone has responded in a mature and positive manner.

I will miss Alex as well. She brought her own style and talent to Celtic Woman. I have been blessed to have seen her perform onstage and meet her several times at M & Gs. Her dazzling smile and that twinkle in her eyes will forever be imprinted in my memory.

Alex, I wish you only the very best - you deserve that much and more for all you have given to us over the last several years.

Zee

"We create our tomorrows by what we dream today"
Thanks Hayley for the great banner!!
mommagillespie3

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2010, 07:07PM »

Awww...Alex Cry  I absolutely love her!!  To Alex:  We'll miss you!  How wonderful for you to be able to be back with your family full-time!  Thanks for brightening the stage with your smile and lovely voice;) 
kingcobradude (Clay S.)
Bodhrán Player

I am Chloë Agnew's #1 Fan

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2010, 07:13PM »

well alex will have more time to work on her solo career. perhaps she will be able to finally release her solo CD and perhaps tour on her own like Orla has done

Yes it's raining. Why do you think Ireland is so green, pixie dust? I can not believe you just nodded your head. *exasperated sigh*
Starman
Honorary Roadie

« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2010, 07:15PM »

What a shock this is!  We'd come to know and love Alex since she replaced Lisa on tour in 2008.  She was one of the soloists at my last meet & greet in Louisville last month.  Had I known it would be the last time I saw here, I would have made every effort to tell her how much I appreciate her and her talent.  Instead, I wasted our conversation in small talk.  Cry

Let's all wish her the best and support her in any way that we can in her new endeavors!   Sad Kiss

MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2010, 07:24PM »

I suppose there's really nothing I can say except agree with everybody else, Alex, you will be missed. I was sad when learned I wouldn't be seeing you perform this summer, but at the same time felt so lucky to have seen you 4 times over the past year. I'm so glad to have you on a Celtic Woman CD and DVD so I can be reminded of just how beautiful your voice is and how amazing of a performer you are on stage, and definitely look forward to any solo CDs that may come up. Thank you so much for the last 3 years and I wish you all the best in things yet to come.
Celticgirl5

« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2010, 07:44PM »

I will miss you Alex:) I feel so bad that I have only had the pleasure of hearing you delight me in song for a year but I am so thankful that I was able to see you sing:) You will always be in my heart:) Your songs will never sound the same again:)
Love,
Rebekah  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Does this mean Alex is not even finishing the tour?

Thank you iluvcelticwoman for these gret sigs!!!
MikeyK
Honorary Roadie

Proud Chloëver

« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2010, 07:55PM »

Does this mean Alex is not even finishing the tour?
Yes, that's correct. Unfortunately Alex will not be involved in the summer tour.
The Quiet Man

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2010, 08:24PM »

I have to say this comes as something of a surprise, I didn't think we'd start to see the "second generation" start to go so soon.  I'm also not sure I accept Alex's given reasons at face value, but that's because I'm a 40+ cynical lawyer who rarely takes ANYTHING at face value.  It is a pity, I had just started to like her for her warm personality, However, I respect whatever her reasons are, this constant touring has to take a lot out of any participant, and we've seen it can be hard on families.   

Alex, I'm glad I got to see you and meet you when I had the chance.  All the best.

RickOShea

« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2010, 08:35PM »

Wow!!!.....I'm really, really glad I got to see her in concert. And I hope she will be able to find the time to record a solo album...... I hope she sees this and knows how much she'll truelly be missed.
Chris

Why do they speak so selfishly?

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2010, 08:47PM »

Wow, I was shocked out of inactivity when I heard the news, and I knew I had to come here to get the whole story.

Alex, you were at my first M&G. It was such an honor and a pleasure to meet you. I hold those memories very near and dear to my heart. Thank you for gifting us all with your talent and your beauty. You will be missed!

Sincerely,
Chris B.

Loud voices raised in anger, speak harsh words, such cruel words.
lifeismusic2009
Total Fanatic

<3

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2010, 08:51PM »

I'm also not sure I accept Alex's given reasons at face value

Well, I can vouch for Alex and her reason that she wanted to be back home with her family full time. That is the real and only reason she chose to leave the group.

Thanks, Dayna, for my awesome banners!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: